Newbie Grower, Carmen Auto x Diva, Outdoors

Red Kross is BaOx crossed with Finola. Finola is a very well-bred, stable autoflower that produces males and females. Don't give up yet... some Red Kross phenos are apparently fully autoflowering... it will be easy to find them with your security lights on all the time. Collect seed from the autoflower males, and breed with the autoflower females.

Ok, he (Thomas) says:

"Some Red Kross may be true auto.. But you might have to start a bunch to find it.
You could try growing some of the feminized autos and some red kross and hope for an Auto male in the red kross..
The fems are more solid CBD flower producers.
And yes, feel free to ask for any advice.
The autoflower fems I have are
Auto tsunami
Auto pivot
Auto pilot

How many is "a bunch"?

try cbd express from one the sponsors @Weed Seeds Express . it's 30:1 auto and i think they are on special right now. you won't get better than that.

unless it's for a minor, most folk wind up finding a 1:1 is a better approach for most things.

That looked like a great strain! Weed Seeds says they do not ship to Colombia (as they had too many problems).
I wrote to ask them if anyone else sells their seeds.

that's just the difference between a sativa or indica based plant. sativas have long flowering times. they all hit sexual maturity at the fifth node and trigger from that point whether it's a sativa or an indica.

That's great information, thank you!
(Ahh, so THAT is why they snip between the 4th and 5th node!)

there is no way to sex a seed. all you're doing is planting 20 plants and rolling the dice.

Well, ok. But unless I am misremembering, I used to pre-sex Subcool's seeds, and it used to work. (I only did it for a few grows, but it worked.)
If I grow some regulars, I could try to pre-sex some plants, and then see how they come up, as an experiment.

Only, the only 60-70 day auto regulars I have are Tonic Ryder, from World of Seeds (which is a sponsor).
I have at least 7 plant spaces coming open soon (maybe 10, depending), so I could hypothetically gender them, and then we could see if they really come up that way?

So I can top between the 4th and 5th nodes, and it will then show its sex after the 5th node?
Then we can keep the best two or three males, and I can finish flowering them in the upstairs bathroom?
(And then destroy all of the rest of the males?)

Here is from the (sponsor) World of Seeds website.

The World of Seeds Team is proud to present our first non-photo dependent high CBD content cannabis strain, which we’ve called Tonic Ryder.

This marihuana strain is the result of crossing and selecting a Diesel Tonic with our Northern Light X Big Bud Auto, one of the most renowned auto strains in our catalogue owing to its great yields, taste and smell, and whose large dense buds covered in a sea of crystals can be hypnotic.

The result is an easy-to-prune plant that is ideal for all types of growers and with yields above a Gram per Watt.

Tonic Ryder has a fairly intense fruity citrus taste that is a pleasure to smoke for any connoisseur or demanding grower.

This plant has ratios of 1 : 2 ( thc:cbd), with a CBD level always higher than THC, producing a highly desirable anti-anxiety and anti-stress effect.

Specially developed for medicinal needs.

Genotype: Indica Auto
Indoor/outdoor
Lineage: Northern Light X Big Bud Ryder x Diesel Tonic
Flowering: 60 days from seed to harvest
Yield: 600 to 700 gr/m2 / 200gr plant outdoor
Height: 100-130cm indoor / 200cm outdoor

Smell: Fruity
Taste: Critic
THC: 7-10%
CBD: 7-14%

Alternately, I could just start some good 1:1 or 2:1, and load up the fridge with some bud before I start any more experiments.
@Emilya and @Azimuth have been helping me figure out how to actually grow weeds without killing them, and it would be great to actually just grow a crop, and stock up on some flower before I start doing any crazy experiments.
(I think maybe the experiment right now is just to learn how to plant it right, water it right, feed it right, top it right, cure it right, etc.)
(But I could get talked into auto regulars real easy! Diesel and Northern Lights sound real good right about now...)

By they way, I realized that even if I get to my hypothetical greenhouse grows with photoperiods in the summer, I can still run autos in winter (and it should be a fun change).

Lacey LSD Auto #2 has a little bit of upward leaf curl today.
I wonder what she is unhappy about?

ll.jpg

i'd just fill up a few jars first before digging too deep. take care of needs first while you learn the plant.

That looked like a great strain! Weed Seeds says they do not ship to Colombia (as they had too many problems)

they also can't imagine a world colombia is asking for seed in .. i know i can't ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I wrote to ask them if anyone else sells their seeds.

when you see something you are interested in, check if they list the breeder. a lot of times you can track other suppliers by the breeder.

be sure to check local as well. safely. even most restricted countries have a casual store front underground home industry.

i'd just fill up a few jars first before digging too deep. take care of needs first while you learn the plant.

Thanks. Yeah.
they also can't imagine a world colombia is asking for seed in .. i know i can't ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hahaha, yeah, I thought it would be a major thing here, but they are still all bought into the alleged "war on plants" myth.
They have some really good strains here, but the government has shot the whole Colombian industry in the foot so far. They have a MASSIVE advantage over Canada, and they cannot seem to capitalize on it, because the government wants to add all sorts of layers of bureaucracy on everything.
You try to explain to them that Prohibition in the States just brought about the Mafia and Al Capone, and they still don't get it.
So they make a huge market for guerrilla forces to run drugs, to raise covert cash.
And then they justify Roundup plane flights and Paraquat, and all that. (Oy va voi!!)
I thought it was going to be like Amsterdam!

when you see something you are interested in, check if they list the breeder. a lot of times you can track other suppliers by the breeder.

Yeah, ok. Thanks! I did not see a breeder on that one, but I would love to find them, because 400-450 gm a plant would be great!

be sure to check local as well. safely. even most restricted countries have a casual store front underground home industry.

Yeah, thanks! I got sent a natural-medicine buddy nearby who is into natural medicines and things, and he was able to get me a small bag and some concentrates, so I am doing ok.
He also turned me on to mambe (coca leaf powder) and coca leaf, and also organic tobacco leaf. I had no idea how helpful those two things are!
And he also has access to some other plants and things, so I am supposed to go visit with him tomorrow for some therapy.
And that should give me enough time to stuff some jars, yeah! :yummy:

Thanks, bluter!

hmmm .. go easy on that coca leaf powder ..

Hahaha, thanks! Only, it is not refined.
The indigenous have been using it this way for centuries (or longer).
From Wikipedia:

>> The coca leaf, when consumed in its natural form, does not induce a physiological or psychological dependence, nor does abstinence after long-term use produce symptoms typical to substance addiction.[30][31] Due to its alkaloid content and non-addictive properties, coca has been suggested as a method to help recovering cocaine addicts to wean off the drug.[32][33]

>> Addiction controversy

>> Coca users ingest between 60 and 80 milligrams of cocaine each time they chew the leaves according to United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).[34] However, other sources claim that the coca leaf, when consumed in its natural form or as coca tea, does not induce a physiological or psychological dependence, nor does abstinence after long-term use produce symptoms typical to substance addiction.[30][31][35][36] See also Erythroxylum coca, and Erythroxylum novogranatense spp.

And it is written in Wikipedia, so it has to be right, right?? :rofl:

Heat stress?

Hmmm.......
Possibly.
I finally got my thermometers in yesterday, and it is hotter on the deck than I thought.
I will have to monitor that closely.
Thanks, @Azimuth .

I realized that while the air may not be too hot up in the air, it is a lot hotter on the deck. I think it was 83F or something with one door on.
Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, but even still, I think in the morning I should unplug their little heat mats, and just take both doors off. I have to travel tomorrow, but that way she can have a nice and cool day, to recover.
And then I will put both doors back on at night.
And then that way they will have had all day to adjust to the idea of a little less heat coming up at night (without the heat mat), so they should be ok, at least for now. Since it is "summer" is it a little warmer than usual, even if it is cloudy, so I am sure she will be ok. (I don't think I should buy her a little sweater or anything, haha.)

About thermal mass, I think the concrete building does radiate something, but I am not sure how much.
How much difference would black trash cans make?
And how does one treat the water inside the cans?

I wouldn't think you'd need any heat mats at this point.

How much difference would black trash cans make?
And how does one treat the water inside the cans?
The color black absorbs more heat than other colors but it not that critical. You could paint them if you want. Mine are dark green and seem to work just fine.

Don't really have to treat the water since you're not drinking it or feeding to your plants. You can put a capful of bleach in it but I don't do anything.

Specifications CBD Express autoflowering seeds
There's no way it's 30% CBD. Eletta Campana will reach a max of 8% CBD. Speed Bud auto is a THC variety... probably very little CBD, < 1%. On this website they also claim 30:1 for that strain, but on the page they say 12.71% CBD – I don't even believe that. I've been watching CBD varieties for years... best I've ever seen is around 25%, 25:1.

Ok, thanks, @cbdhemp808 ! That sounds like a good idea. I could contact him, and ask him what he thinks about your idea.
Maybe he has a solution?
But I am just trying to imagine the logistics of that scenario.
What would I do, try to sex the seeds, and plant maybe 6 suspected males, and 14 suspected females? And then like you say, after a while the autos would show their sex, and you could keep the males you want, and get rid of any you don't want.
Only, the problem is that the photoperiods might not trigger properly because of the night security lights, so then I would have to rig up some indoor flower room (which I am not sure is possible).
So while I am intrigued, how would that work in practice?
Let's say you got 20 seeds of Red Kross. Let's say that 16 of them sprout and produce seedlings. Grow the 16 seedlings in your greenhouse. Since you are mainly interested in the autoflowering ones, they will grow up in your greenhouse under the security lights, and they will reveal their sex.

So, let's say that 8 of the plants are autoflowers and 8 are photos. The photos won't reveal their sex. The autos will – you'll get male plants and female plants (i.e. male flowers and female flowers, whereas the photos will not show any flowers). That's it. Now you can grow out your female autoflowers and harvest buds, and you can reserve one or more of the females to get pollinated. Keep one or two males and let them get close to releasing their pollen, but grab them before they do and bring them inside under a grow light, in a space where the pollen won't get loose into the environment – like a closet or bath tub.

When the male flowers open, collect the pollen into a small container with a lid. You can then keep that in the freezer. Pollen keeps for a long time in the freezer – at least 18 months. When your reserved females are ready, hand-pollinate them. There are some logistic steps... just make sure not to release pollen into the local environment... pollen can be neutralized by spraying the plants down with water.

Ok, he (Thomas) says:

"Some Red Kross may be true auto.. But you might have to start a bunch to find it.
You could try growing some of the feminized autos and some red kross and hope for an Auto male in the red kross..
The fems are more solid CBD flower producers.
And yes, feel free to ask for any advice.
The autoflower fems I have are
Auto tsunami
Auto pivot
Auto pilot

How many is "a bunch"?
I can't find any information about how many phenos will be true autos, and how many won't be. I'm gonna throw out a wild guess of 30-50% are true autos. You could buy 20 seeds and see how it goes. If you can afford it, buy twice that many. Check with the seller and see if he'll replace seed that doesn't sprout. My recommendation is to stick with the true autoflowering Red Kross phenos, for your breeding. If that works out, then you could experiment with crossing a Red Kross male with a different CBD female.

Also, keep in mind that you can take any strain autoflowering female (CBD or whatever) and subject the pre-flowers (?) to colloidal silver or gibberellic acid, to produce a male flower. I've never done this... only have heard it can be done, and of course there's precise technique involved. Then collect the pollen from that male, and you can pollinate the female flowers of the same strain, or another strain. This works for females produced from both regular seed and feminized seed. That's my understanding.

Genotype: Indica Auto
Indoor/outdoor
Lineage: Northern Light X Big Bud Ryder x Diesel Tonic
Flowering: 60 days from seed to harvest
Yield: 600 to 700 gr/m2 / 200gr plant outdoor
Height: 100-130cm indoor / 200cm outdoor

Smell: Fruity
Taste: Critic
THC: 7-10%
CBD: 7-14%
Looks good, but their website says it's feminized not regular, and you were looking for "CBD only". This looks like a nice 1:1 variety.

There's no way it's 30% CBD. Eletta Campana will reach a max of 8% CBD. Speed Bud auto is a THC variety... probably very little CBD, < 1%. On this website they also claim 30:1 for that strain, but on the page they say 12.71% CBD – I don't even believe that. I've been watching CBD varieties for years... best I've ever seen is around 25%, 25:1.
Ok, good to know!

Back
Top Bottom