Newtoitall's First Grow Journal

Really, Ive seen not only plant vs plant comparisons, but also lab testing here in Los angeles.
Most comparison grows out there that are "1200w LED" are really 595w.
There are a lot of factors mind you, but yes, watt for watt, LEDs will out do HPS/MH and produce higher THC content and terpenes not present in HPS grows.
There are guys on this very forum growing/that have grown, single plants yielding well over a pound under LED.
Not to mention the much lower heat out put, fine tuned spectrum, life time, and electrical savings related climate control.

*Again, when I say LEDs will out HPS, it is assuming you're using a high end LED correctly, and are using actual power consumption.

Update: started my first to into flower 12/12 on Tuesday. My next 5 plants have been moved from CFL's to MH that same day. The cutting I started in the aeroponic cloned have gone much worse than I hoped. I started those two weeks ago and only two of the ten are showing much roots. I will be transplanting the two rooted clones to soil and leave the other eight in the cloner for a while longer. I believe I read somewhere not to take your cuttings after feeding nutrients as it will take a lot longer to sprout roots so that may be where I went wrong. Has anyone else had similar experience with aeroponic cloning?

I had better luck than I thought but it took a long time, It took me a while to get a timer set up, to get a rooting hormone into the tank and the temperature was likely a little low. It looks as if I will get 7 or 8 out of the 10 clones to root. We will have to see how many survive out of those but so far 8 have new growth. I am looking into hydro systems and tents now and likely to try LED's. I am looking to reduce my electrical usage and like new challenges. I am sure there are much more efficient (cheaper) ways to start growing but as I said before, I like giving myself the tools to succeed. I have been reading about some of the new LED's with much larger light ranges and more efficient which could balance out some of the initial costs. I like the idea of a cooler lighting source, I have had some issues with controlling heat and with these systems I can put a tent in an extra bedroom and be able to control temperature and humidity rather easily Again, any comments or advice would be appreciated

I am real curious to see what kind of yield I can get out of 3 LED panels in a 48"x96" tent. I am thinking maybe 18 plants. The panels are suppose to be comparable to a 600 watt hps. The lights switch from 137 actual watts (veg) to 274 watts (flower). I am sure they overstate their effectiveness but I do think LED's are going to be the future of growing, specially as the price drops.

Be sure to keep some cal/mag on hand, because LEDs seems to make them a little more hungry for it!
As for the yield, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with not only weight but density and resin production as well.
I'm using a lower end LED, with cheap nutrients and next to nothing additives wise and am still doing rather nicely.

Thanks for the tip. Most of the threads on LED's are from over 4 years ago. The more I read about hydro and aeroponics the more I lean toward that in the future and I am pretty sure I will be going to LED"s soon

If you check out my journal, most of the people that post daily are running LEDs as well as other lighting types.
My journal link is in my sig, and its a friendly place; questions, banter, bullshitting all welcome.
Ask a question in there and you'll likely get an answer rather quickly from multiple people.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom