NOCO - Coco Loco - Tahoe OG - ScrOG - 2014 Grow Journal

Looking buddingly beautiful :)
As for the back building :) as long as you got enough and hit that very inner tip, then yep you will undoubtedly see a nice difference! It looks like it all went swimmingly! :)
Thanks LA, I am seeing a little difference between buds, but will continue to monitor and take pics to see differences between clipped and not clipped, I'm sure its going to take longer than the 6 days, to fully see the effect of back building.

So I'm thinking of doing a light defoliate of my upper-grow(Fan Leafs), and taking clones from both Tahoe from the under-grow, branches that aren't getting light. I have been reading on taking clones in flower, but still sketchy on it so will try it out myself. I am going to trying cloning in the flower tent under 12/12 light cycle and see if I can produce quarter ounce Popsicle's! I need ideas on cheap cloning methods. I already have one clone sitting in water since 6/1/14! 9 days today!
20140601_232558_4_1_.jpg

I heard you can use honey to root clones. There's a video on youtube.

I highly doubt that it would root in just water. It is probably possible though. Mad reps if you can get water to work.

50 days into the 12/12 cycle, things are still looking great! I can see the difference between nugs i clipped (Back Building Technique) and the ones which were not clipped. I will post pictures later today.

Also My flowering clone has been in just water for 17 days now, no visible roots as of yesterday. Crazy part about this is the clone doesn't seem to be loosing color or drying out, it seems to be surviving in just water. I kept it under the 12/12 cycle and seems to be chilling.

I still have not defoliated upper-grow or taken clones, I'm thinking I will do that tonight. anyone ever get good results from taken lots of fan leafs from buds to provide more light and air circulation? I will leave sugar leafs, just thinking of taken most fan leafs?

I'm a big believer in defoliation. But it needs to be within reason during flower. Plucking too many fan leaves will slow the growth down. And could hinder yield. I do one main pruning, 2 weeks into flower after the stretch is done. I cut anything that won't get light out. Then I may do selective leaf removal the rest of flower. But I like to tuck leaves at this point as opposed to pulling them off completely.

I can't wait to see what that back building has done for you. I'm interested in doing it as well

I'm a big believer in defoliation. But it needs to be within reason during flower. Plucking too many fan leaves will slow the growth down. And could hinder yield. I do one main pruning, 2 weeks into flower after the stretch is done. I cut anything that won't get light out. Then I may do selective leaf removal the rest of flower. But I like to tuck leaves at this point as opposed to pulling them off completely.

I can't wait to see what that back building has done for you. I'm interested in doing it as well

The reason i was thinking of doing a defoliation was to give more light to my lower upper-grow, meaning the lower nugs that are still above my net. I have been tucking fan leafs this far, i guess i should just follow the saying if it isn't broken don't try to fix it. I'm really getting close to harvest, 2 weeks or so left, i just want the colas to blow up already, anyone have an idea when that might happen?:helpsmilie:

With two weeks left I would pull any huge fan leaves blocking bud sites. I've never found it to hinder anything. And wow those plants look amazing. That bud topping looks worthwhile. I may have to try it out on a few plants as well, seeings how I just went into flower.

How'd you rate the density difference between topped/not topped?

With two weeks left I would pull any huge fan leaves blocking bud sites. I've never found it to hinder anything. And wow those plants look amazing. That bud topping looks worthwhile. I may have to try it out on a few plants as well, seeings how I just went into flower.

How'd you rate the density difference between topped/not topped?

Thanks McWeed, I defiantly impressed myself on how well these are turning out. they are super sticky and smelly, Smells like a tint of lemon with pine. But the sticky is what is wowing me, this Tahoe is so sticky that by simply touching buds to check density, it leaves my fingers stuck together. Cant wait to get some in my lungs! :hookah:

And for the difference between sniped and not snipped density, I would say you can diffidently see that the buds that were snipped look thicker and feel more dense, also it seems to fill in a little more. again this is the first time I have tried this technique, So for how long before you see the final result of back building i am not sure. Maybe LA can you give us a answer???

MCWeed when you pull fan leafs towards end of flowering do you see that this helps in any way?

I feel like it does. But I have no actual proof. just as I get to the end of flower I try to open up as many bud sites to the light as possible. Maybe this is wrong. But it seems to help those smaller top bugs that just didn't quite make it to the canopy get some better color to them and help thicken those out as well. But this is just my opinion.

Man those look great though. Can't wait to see how my bubba Tahoe turn out

I feel like it does. But I have no actual proof. just as I get to the end of flower I try to open up as many bud sites to the light as possible. Maybe this is wrong. But it seems to help those smaller top bugs that just didn't quite make it to the canopy get some better color to them and help thicken those out as well. But this is just my opinion.

Man those look great though. Can't wait to see how my bubba Tahoe turn out

McWeed so I followed your advice on defoliation of fan leafs, as I was leaning on doing it anyway. I can say light penetration is defiantly more noticeable. I feel as my upper grow isn't very thick anymore and airflow is easier to get around between colas

I'm hoping this will give bud sites more light and thicken out even more.

And thanks for the compliments, so i broke a branch and had to cut it down, the colas were descent size. But my point here McWeed is that I'm now curing these colas and be able to tell you what I should be expecting with these Tahoe. Soon to be smoked!

Your buds look great, as for the backbuilding tech :) it just seems to run in its benefit till end of flowering. The density and weight it adds is just such an easy grab considering the simplicity. Glad you gave it a go, as for your buds being in the last couple of weeks, they're gonna swell up really nice now! :)
Thanks LA, I am happy I tried back building, buds shapes and sizes are very noticeable.

I am also very happy to hear that by snipping at my buds they will benefit from back building until they get taken down!!

So I have 15 days (Estimated time) left of life for these Tahoe OG! So all the research I have read on Tahoe OG recommend to let go to 70 days of flowering. So I have made 70 days my estimated harvest date. which is July 7th! I have been looking at the Trichomes through a 30x magnifier, I'm thinking i could of gone with like a 50x or greater, as i am not seeing trichomes as good as I want to. any suggestions? As far as i can see i think they are mostly cloudy now, will keep a close eye and see if I start to notice any amber.

I will feed one more time tomrrow:morenutes: then i will begin flushing! I really want to keep the sticky side of the buds after curing, any ideas on how to dry and cure keeping the stickiness to the buds? and how do i bring out the full extent of the stink as well? I know how to dry and cure, but I'm looking for that growers trick on how to conserve stickiness and smell to maximum potential?

I need your idea, so please post and share!

Back
Top Bottom