NoobyMacDooby's Grow: Less Nooby More Dooby!

I need to do the same setup, I have a bunch of stuff I want to run through.
It didnt really involve much in more than buying a bunch of smaller pots. In my case, multiple visit to the nursery to buy many many pots. Been getting funny looks from them now...like what nobody else comes in once a week to buy 90 small pots???? Psssh

There's also a chance that a killer pheno that requires more size + tlc slips through the "testing" phase though.

For my 1st few attempts at this I've tried to just do a "large" pheno hunt of 80 seeds to look for a specific terp profile in a strain I've run before. For the current one, I'm hunting my own strain. Its citrus drop x lococookies (locomotion x GSC)
There's a sweet / candy tangie terp profile I'm trying to find combined with frosty-ness. Only found one candidate though so wasn't the luckiest run. I got a lot of orange / tangie peel terps ones though.

This setup also allows me to take some chances on the odd seed found in a good bud from a hermie. Like this one here:
P1120766.JPG

This is possibly The Cube x Dosido crossed with Dosido f3. It's smell is so good. We have a type of soda flavour here called "cream soda" and it smells like they took that flavour and made a perfume of it. Cant wait to smoke it

It didnt really involve much in more than buying a bunch of smaller pots. In my case, multiple visit to the nursery to buy many many pots. Been getting funny looks from them now...like what nobody else comes in once a week to buy 90 small pots???? Psssh

There's also a chance that a killer pheno that requires more size + tlc slips through the "testing" phase though.

For my 1st few attempts at this I've tried to just do a "large" pheno hunt of 80 seeds to look for a specific terp profile in a strain I've run before. For the current one, I'm hunting my own strain. Its citrus drop x lococookies (locomotion x GSC)
There's a sweet / candy tangie terp profile I'm trying to find combined with frosty-ness. Only found one candidate though so wasn't the luckiest run. I got a lot of orange / tangie peel terps ones though.

This setup also allows me to take some chances on the odd seed found in a good bud from a hermie. Like this one here:
P1120766.JPG

This is possibly The Cube x Dosido crossed with Dosido f3. It's smell is so good. We have a type of soda flavour here called "cream soda" and it smells like they took that flavour and made a perfume of it. Cant wait to smoke it
Looking great and I’m admittedly jealous of that amount of bean popping! I have the stock to do it with but not the cahonnies to pull it off. I can barely keep up with my 5. I run a new bean every 3 weeks and the variety I have is amazing. There’s no possible way I could choose a select few, I seem to appreciate each one for different reasons. TK heavy pheno purple cake I have is a flavor bomb but so is the spice. Mac punch is a freak show and has an applish smell? I can go on...
I cannot imagine the task ahead of you!!! Wow!! Need some help? Lol
Good Luck on your Journey,
I’m pulling for you to find the winners !!

Looking great and I’m admittedly jealous of that amount of bean popping! I have the stock to do it with but not the cahonnies to pull it off. I can barely keep up with my 5. I run a new bean every 3 weeks and the variety I have is amazing. There’s no possible way I could choose a select few, I seem to appreciate each one for different reasons. TK heavy pheno purple cake I have is a flavor bomb but so is the spice. Mac punch is a freak show and has an applish smell? I can go on...
I cannot imagine the task ahead of you!!! Wow!! Need some help? Lol
Good Luck on your Journey,
I’m pulling for you to find the winners !!

Well here in South Africa the latest round of possible cannabis laws states there is no limit on seedlings so I'm taking them up on that offer by popping all the seed. Flower wise, I'm covered by some grey laws around "grow clubs".

Care wise, they all get the same soil and water so good luck to them...lols. But yes selection can be tricky. In the case of specific terp hunts it's usually easier. Other new strains can be tricky though. I'm mostly running hybrids from Breeder buddies or ones I've made myself. I'm not hunting well known or established strains. Usually just crosses of them. My "selection" process really just comes down to which ones I like to smoke or funky, weird smelling ones. Then I just do a seed run with all the "keepers" and a nice male and start the process all over again.

I'd gladly post buds for taste testing if I could!

Yes I’m hoping SA improves it’s mail system. It’s really frustrating
And you can only find out by trying your luck with a package...sheesh. The local seedbanks are starting to stock the instahyped strains and breeders so the options are getting "better" in that sense. Would be nice to be able to swap stuff

Back
Top Bottom