NorthernCosmos' First Indoor Soil Auto Grow: 2019

Today is day 80 for the BCN, day 64 for the next Amnesia & White Widow and day 41 for the next AK4210 and BCN. The BCN is due for chopping on Friday or Saturday, I think. Lots of amber on the sugar leaves and some on the calyxes.

Yet another unwanted incident has taken place - the second timer has had its contacts welded to "always on". I caught it the very night it failed, so no disruption of the day/night cycles has occurred this time. Crappy Biltema brand, although @CraZysWeeD did mention that some LED drivers may be violent when switched on. With the second timer out I should really be looking into this, as in with instruments... A new, different brand, timer has been put into service.

Here you can see the new Amnesia and White Widow, behind the chop-ready BCN for size comparison - the new plants are almost twice as big as the previous ones (so more of a normal size...?):

Tent_23_01_2010.JPG

No mold! Never again! I hope... At least those conditions aren't going to arise again, if I can help it. And if they do, any affected branches get snipped off the second I know about it.

I'm very exited about the Amnesia and Widow chop in 3 weeks time - these look more like what I see you guys growing :thumb:

Beautiful plants Cosmos and sorry to hear about second timer also welded up but dont blame biltema. I bet it says on the pack just to be used with resistive loads like ordinary light bulbs and not high powered inductive loads like Mars lights, it may have an high end driver from MeanWell but it's probably one of their basic drivers without too much filtering.

You just power the light with this timer?

No chop chop yet?:yummy:

Yeah, the timer only runs the light. It's not a Meanwell driver in this model, but probably the same stuff inside. And yes, it could be a highly reactive load. Let's see how long the mechanical timer that came supplied with the light will work...

As for chopping, don't worry it's on schedule :laughtwo: I forgot to take pictures, except for ones from the drying box - I had a guest sitting in on the chop so it was a social event. The BCN was a small plant and the yield was not high, but the buds look delicious:

Brynhild_chopped.JPG

Chop yesterday means new plants today, so meet Augusta the Amnesia auto (front left) and Wilma the White Widow auto (rear right) - they are my 9th and 10th plant:

TEnt_26_01_2020.JPG

In the mean time, Arianna the Amnesia is doing its thing on day 68, and doing it well too:

Day_68_Arianna.JPG

And likewise for Wilhelmina the 68 days old White Widow :

Day_68_Wilhelmina.JPG

A closeup of Wilhelmina:

Day_68_Wilhelmina2.JPG

Aye - the plants look like they're faring better now, than my previous root-aphid-fungus-gnat-eternal-day-no-circulation flowers, with better growth and more trichomes. Otherwise, I suspect I can't be slacking here if I am to keep up with you and the other veterans :laughtwo:

LMAO Cosmos!

You are doing great! Yeah a grow needs constant attention but if something needs to be changed do it gentle and not hastily. But that's easier said than done, trust me I had one ore two accidents during my time, that's the craZiness in me and its not safe to follow me. But you are always welcome :)

Hmmm... There are some issues now. Still not stressed about it since the plants in question have only 2-3 weeks left and will make it all the way. Just when I thought I had an idea of what's going on, things are getting a little off course here. I am feeding a bit more nutes than I did with the previous plants.

I'm at a loss with diagnoses - I'm getting increasingly confused with the diagnosis charts out there. The only thing is that AFAIK some autumn leaves aren't anything to worry about.

This Amnesia has a couple of reddening leaves. It's a dark red colour, and you can see some dried up tips there (the other red leaf has fine tips).

Day_72_Arianna_red_leaves2.JPG

Then there's the rather sudden yellowing of fan leaves in the White Widow. As you can see further up the page, it was mostly pretty green back on Sunday. Last time around it was the Amnesia that had yellowing leaves...

Day_72_Wilhelmina_yellow_leaves.JPG

Yeah, from my limited experience things points to WW being more hungry than the Amnesia - but the role swap with the yellowing leaves is puzzling. Those red leaves are so "out there" that I'm more than willing to ascribe it to genetics for now.

Even if I'm not stressed about this, I would like to grow plants that stay green, if only for the satisfaction of it.

Back
Top Bottom