OldMedman Goes Indoors

Hey, I'm very serious about chopper rides...they crash allot.:yikes::yikes:

Yep they do! When I used to live on Oahu, I took a trip to Kona and went on a sight-seeing flight with Mokulele. The very next day, the same little plane and pilot stalled the engines out in the vog and had to put the plane down in the water. Everyone survived but one of the tourists came away with a broken back. Scary stuff!

Nice. yah we are staying at one of the Hilton Grand hotels.... they are really nice from the pics.
brenna has enough of a problem flying that i doubt she will go on a helli we will go in to the lava fields though and im renting us an convertable to go cruze! after all we will be there for a week.
Glad to hear i got a good location for my meds lol id love to obtain some seeds to send home of a wonderful Hawaii pheno..... still kicking myself for loosing the jamaican seeds i got...

got a 2 hour layover in Honolulu how bad is the airports in Hawaii? are they as bad as mainland?

GT you crack me up.....that was the first thing i thought when i saw that too lol

When I was in Hawaii, I did the drive along the North shore of Oahu and, like OMM says, it's like driving though a BeachBoys tune! You go past (excuse spelling!) Waiemeah Bay, Waiulu Bay, Sunset Beach, Bonzai Pipeline, and a bunch of other places you'll remember hearing about in some surfing song! :surf:

I also did the chopper ride over the Big Island to check out the volcanos. IMHO, it was one of the coolest things I've ever done. It's simply amazing checking out the lava tubes ("skylights" are where the tube is open from the top and you can look in and see the lava flow) and seeing the black sand beaches and how the Islands are formed.

I can say that, before the flight, they give you a little "fanny pack" that actually has a life perserver inside. They said it's an FAA requirement since part of the trip is over the ocean. The only thing I could think of is that a lot of good this inflatable life jacket will do if we crash in a pool of lava!!! :rofl:

Hi Mr. Krip. :)

You described the north shore perfectly. Couldn't have done it better. I drive about a mile, turn right and I'm on the road to the north shore I don't know if they had the shrimp farms when you were here, but I always stop and get a fresh Shrimp cocktail....or two. :morenutes:

That helicopter you were in is probably still in service.:yikes::yikes: When we first got here, you could actually walk on the Volcano floor and walk through the lava tubes. They had a seismograph station there too. About 6 months later it was all gone. It erupted right where we were. People still buy land up there.....very cheap prices....it may not be there long. :)
The black sand beaches are really something to see. I had only seen one before, when I was in Greece.

Your right, a life preserver wont help in a lava flow. :surf:

Yep they do! When I used to live on Oahu, I took a trip to Kona and went on a sight-seeing flight with Mokulele. The very next day, the same little plane and pilot stalled the engines out in the vog and had to put the plane down in the water. Everyone survived but one of the tourists came away with a broken back. Scary stuff!

Yea Buddy !!! :surf:

I've mentioned the vog before, it really gets thick at times. Really hard to breath at all. As you know since you lived here, Hawaii is raw nature first hand and it ravages houses and vehicles pretty fast. I think that was the thing that surprised me when we first got here. Good to see you Buddy. :high-five:

Glad you weren't on that plane. :Namaste:

Nice. yah we are staying at one of the Hilton Grand hotels.... they are really nice from the pics.
brenna has enough of a problem flying that i doubt she will go on a helli we will go in to the lava fields though and im renting us an convertable to go cruze! after all we will be there for a week.
Glad to hear i got a good location for my meds lol id love to obtain some seeds to send home of a wonderful Hawaii pheno..... still kicking myself for loosing the jamaican seeds i got...

got a 2 hour layover in Honolulu how bad is the airports in Hawaii? are they as bad as mainland?

GT you crack me up.....that was the first thing i thought when i saw that too lol

shaggie you two will love that Hotel, good for you. Yeah, Buddy a cruising car.
:) It's a trip to see graffiti made of white rocks on the black lava fields. There is a mmj church over there, if your lucky you can some seeds there. Hawaii is a tough place if you don't know any one. There have been quite of few Big Island growers who have had journals on 420, but they are gone now. :smokin::smokin:

Honolulu Airport is a typical Airport,,,,busy, busy....however one can have a toke pretty easy, so let me know when it is and we'll have a smoke. :bravo:

Well, glad I cheered everyone up with my innocent 69 remark! :yahoo:

Hi Quix. :)
I agree GT is the Bomb.:)

Glad you lost your tolerance....sounds great.:high-five: Random is good my friend.:)
Well, you brought it up.....I saw the Dr. today about my finger and when I left I felt much worse inside. I too have problems. Mainly breathing. Many appointments ahead for me. Golden years my ass. :yahoo: Sorry about that! :) It will all be fine, I'm sure. :bravo:

Hi OMM!:)
Please, no need to apologize, I'm well aware of the cycle of life. Although I am in my early 30s, I know the toll that this life takes on our bodies, and try to keep that in mind when I make choices! I have many miles on mine, and will surely pay for it later. I already am. Like brother Shag, and yourself, I put my body through hell for the better half of my life, but keep it cool now, just dont have it in me to do the things I used to do. But have experiences that many never will for having done so!:high-five:
I really hope you are able to come away from all the upcoming doc visits with some peace of mind, and solutions to your health. We'll all be sending healing and loving vibes your way!

On a lighter note, I wonder if you could give me some of your insight on SnowStorm Ultra, if I remember correctly, you still use it??
Have you done side by side testing with it on same strain runs?
And lastly, how do YOU prefer to use it?
Thanks in advance for your time my friend, get your rest!

There is a mmj church over there

I think the guy who ran the MMJ Ministries is arrested and awaiting trials... Definitely the former, maybe the latter.. :bitingnails:

Anyway, they no longer make new "cards" that are supposed to be proof of marijuana use for religious purposes.

While he should be able to do the whole cannabis thing... With how outspoken he was I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner... Funny enough, I think someone told me his building was really close to the police department! The local people prolly don't care, just the fed's care what he's doing.

Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch OMM! My sleep patterns have been weird. Might be getting a dronabinal prescription tomorrow (hey, its better than nothing) ! It's so expensive though.. And I am thinking that a month wont really do a month. But who knows!

Give your plants my regards! Uncle THsea might not be back in time for their graduation ;)

Hi OMM!:)
Please, no need to apologize, I'm well aware of the cycle of life. Although I am in my early 30s, I know the toll that this life takes on our bodies, and try to keep that in mind when I make choices! I have many miles on mine, and will surely pay for it later. I already am. Like brother Shag, and yourself, I put my body through hell for the better half of my life, but keep it cool now, just dont have it in me to do the things I used to do. But have experiences that many never will for having done so!:high-five:
I really hope you are able to come away from all the upcoming doc visits with some peace of mind, and solutions to your health. We'll all be sending healing and loving vibes your way!

On a lighter note, I wonder if you could give me some of your insight on SnowStorm Ultra, if I remember correctly, you still use it??
Have you done side by side testing with it on same strain runs?
And lastly, how do YOU prefer to use it?
Thanks in advance for your time my friend, get your rest!

Hey Quix :)

Yep, I let my emotions get to me yesterday....I do feel bad about that. I just went to get my finger fixed and damned if I didn't get a whole list of things that I have to do. Pulmonary tests, X-rays, chest and finger, got to have some more skin cancer cut of my face, which I do at least once a year. Same old stuff.

Actually there was one drug that got me early and I was smart enough to stop that after couple of years of bad things happening to me. That is one of the drugs we can't mention on 420 and I think it is the worst drug in the world. Let's just say it's sold everywhere except Utah.
During the rest of my years as as a hippie, I had a rule I followed then and I still do....never take anything addictive. That will keep you out of trouble most of the time.
The military got me thou during my first fight with cancer. They gave me some pain meds and I ate them like candy. When I got to Hawaii, here I was living where I always dreamed of and I was mad and unhappy all the time, so I went to a Dr. out here and he said don't you know your addicted to prescription drugs? Huh? It took only 4 days to get off of them! Man did I feel better. As a hippie I did met god a few times.:) All is one OMMMMMMM!

About the SnowStorm Ultra. I haven't used it and I don't think I ever will. I was reading the label the other day and It just didn't sound like something I wanted to put in my body. There were a few warnings it in small print and it just didn't sound right. Others have used it with no problems so It's up to you.

Sorry didn't mean to ramble on........:popcorn:

As they say, great minds think alike...:Namaste:

Sorry I changed the innocent connotation to a dirty one, hehe...But it was funny...how far off your chair did you jumped when ya laughed?

Hi GT! :)

First I read your answer and then shaggies. Then I thought OH! Crap! and started laughing...I still am! :cheer::high-five:

I think the guy who ran the MMJ Ministries is arrested and awaiting trials... Definitely the former, maybe the latter.. :bitingnails:

Anyway, they no longer make new "cards" that are supposed to be proof of marijuana use for religious purposes.

While he should be able to do the whole cannabis thing... With how outspoken he was I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner... Funny enough, I think someone told me his building was really close to the police department! The local people prolly don't care, just the fed's care what he's doing.

Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch OMM! My sleep patterns have been weird. Might be getting a dronabinal prescription tomorrow (hey, its better than nothing) ! It's so expensive though.. And I am thinking that a month wont really do a month. But who knows!

Give your plants my regards! Uncle THsea might not be back in time for their graduation ;)

Hi THsea. :high-five:

I know they busted him a few times, but he seems to get out quick. I saw a picture of his church and the Police department just down the street. You are perfectly right....it's the Feds.....and not the locals.
Glad you posted this, I was getting close to calling you. You were pretty ill the last time we talked. I hope you get your meds....at least it will help for a while.
Well If uncle THsea doesn't get here in time for the girls graduations, no problem, I have some of the next class already started. Believe it or not, I'm going to try some autos. After seeing xlr8's beauty, I said to myself, I better give them a shot after all...they would be perfect in the tent.

Your not going to like this! I'm saving a good bit of work for you to help me with. :yahoo:

Hi All......A late night picture update this time. :)

Here's a picture of the Bubblelicious and the Wild Thai.

Bubthai.JPG

A couple of random shots.

DSCN26411.JPG

DSCN26491.JPG

A couple shots of the Blueberry

bb59.JPG

mostlybb.JPG

A couple of the Critical+

crital.JPG

critical21.JPG

As you can see the Critical + has decided to take off. :)

Folks in all honesty....my camera and I do not do the girls justice. Everyday they just look better and better. :circle-of-love:

27 days of bloom.

I understand what you mean when you say some of the pics don't do the plants justice b/c I feel the same way about my photos at times. From my point of view your ladies are looking awesome and growing very nicely. I'm :roorrip: and :popcorn: watching these ladies grow up!

Great job man!!

:Namaste:

Beautiful plants OMM just gorgeous I hope to have some great lookin buds in the near future just wish I could get that perfect picture plant shot you have a knack with the camera as much as you do growing meds:Namaste: :)

I understand what you mean when you say some of the pics don't do the plants justice b/c I feel the same way about my photos at times. From my point of view your ladies are looking awesome and growing very nicely. I'm :roorrip: and :popcorn: watching these ladies grow up!

Great job man!!

:Namaste:

Hey Buddy. :)

Yep, I think I remember you saying something along those same lines about your girls.

Well, if your doing it, so will I......:hookah: :popcorn:

Beautiful plants OMM just gorgeous I hope to have some great lookin buds in the near future just wish I could get that perfect picture plant shot you have a knack with the camera as much as you do growing meds:Namaste: :)

papatater....I'm telling you, your just too nice. I thought only two of them were good. Let me know when you start your grow. I don't want to miss it! :Namaste:

shaggie you two will love that Hotel, good for you. Yeah, Buddy a cruising car.
:) It's a trip to see graffiti made of white rocks on the black lava fields. There is a mmj church over there, if your lucky you can some seeds there. Hawaii is a tough place if you don't know any one. There have been quite of few Big Island growers who have had journals on 420, but they are gone now. :smokin::smokin:

Honolulu Airport is a typical Airport,,,,busy, busy....however one can have a toke pretty easy, so let me know when it is and we'll have a smoke. :bravo:

Well, glad I cheered everyone up with my innocent 69 remark! :yahoo:

good to know bout the mmj church.... as well as a bummer to hear what they have been haveing to deal with.... at least things are starting to change.... Colorado has legalization on the ballot soon.... needs 87,000 votes to pass.... was 48% to 52% last time so there are good chances..... and than to top that the federal government has a similar for them..... would move it from being a schedule one to a schedule three drug!
as well as the DeA are begining to back off again.... or so it seems here in Co.... they are just working to get our medical in order.... if all goes well Colorado will become the "model" for the other states medical laws.

the thing i cant wait to have in hawaii is a fresh coconut from the tree.... i love coconut jellys! although i have to continually remind myself that they are a natural laxative......not doing that one again lol

im not to worried bout finding my meds.... ive had friends that live there and said they could help me out..... as well as i seem to have a nose for it LOL.

the Ladys look lovely old man! the critical is stacking and im loveing the look of that thai! cant wait to see it really start now that you are fully past its stretch period.
keep up the great work brother ill pm u when we will be coming threw and maybe we can have that smoke!
have a great day old man!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom