OldMedman Goes Indoors

Hi My Buddy Mmmmick !:) Thanks for looking in. No bleachers for you! Saved you a good seat.
Having a hell of a time sparking the second light. Will work on it until it's up and running. I have to! Damn new fangled things! :thumb:

hi OMM, very nice of you to save me a seat up front, these old eyes need the help.

I thought you had mentioned something loose in one of the units. I suppose the digital ballasts won't even try to run if they don't sense a lamp element of some flavor in the socket. Hard to test for voltage present at output with those. If you plan to open up any cases or enclosures, check with the supplier first so there won't be any warranty issues. I'm sure you know that, but I'll say it anyway
Good luck my friend. In the meantime you probably have enough cfl's to keep the girls happy until you get things sorted out. You spent enough for the gear to expect decent service on a replacement.

Hey omm check your ballast brother I had the same situation bought everything brand new set it up an when i went to flip the switch nothing, took it back to the shop an thought it was neither the bulb or ballast they checked the bulb it was good checked the digi ballast an nothing came on might be manufacture error...good luck keep me posted damn 7 pages already lol

Hey OMM,

Wow...go out of town for a couple of days and look at all I've missed. 7 pages. So glad to see the new journal up. The digital ballast I bought new was bad. Try the switch like someone else suggested. I'm along for the ride, can't wait.

I got a camera finally, I think I try a journal too. I could use some adivce.

How's Jo?

HI OMM!!:)^^^ Yeah, what they^^^all said....I almost feel bad posting here, with all you have going on I'm sure you have little time to read and reaply to all these posts! Looks like you have a crack team of help already so I wont chime in, and no need to reply to this one, just wanted to drop in and say hi, hope you and Jo find yourselves well on this fine day, and also, to say a big :thanks: For your service to our country!!!:Namaste:

Now your cooking with gas Pop's. I imagine I'm going to see some top herbs coming in now. Hey Pop's if ya need atad more blue in your flowering just stick acouple of them CFL's you have in the mix and you'll have if going on as far as flowering. I really love the tent my friend stay down with your bad ass. And Keep em Green ++++ around and I'll be back

hi OMM, very nice of you to save me a seat up front, these old eyes need the help.

I thought you had mentioned something loose in one of the units. I suppose the digital ballasts won't even try to run if they don't sense a lamp element of some flavor in the socket. Hard to test for voltage present at output with those. If you plan to open up any cases or enclosures, check with the supplier first so there won't be any warranty issues. I'm sure you know that, but I'll say it anyway
Good luck my friend. In the meantime you probably have enough cfl's to keep the girls happy until you get things sorted out. You spent enough for the gear to expect decent service on a replacement.

Hi Mmmmick.:)

Well, you and a few others made that suggestion. I thank you all, especially you Mmmmick for putting in large case letters so I could see it.! :high-five:

AND TaTaaa that was it! :cheer: The ballast that I couldn't get going only barely lit up each filament, and made a buzzing sound which couldn't hear before. :smokin:

So now I have the Hortilux HPS Bulb in and tomorrow will be spent getting all the girls close as possible to the light and hanging CFLs around them.
The grow is on! Not the way I expected, bit it's on! :party:

And Mmmmick, there is a place for your walker by the seat I saved for you. :high-five:

Hey omm check your ballast brother I had the same situation bought everything brand new set it up an when i went to flip the switch nothing, took it back to the shop an thought it was neither the bulb or ballast they checked the bulb it was good checked the digi ballast an nothing came on might be manufacture error...good luck keep me posted damn 7 pages already lol

Hi Crower. You were right! That did it! One ballast was bad. Thanks! :high-five:

Hey Uncle O, Sucks to hear you are having an issue with your light :scratchinghead: I wonder what it could be.

Did you use gloves when installing the light bulb? Some oils will cause a bulb to fail. Hope it all gets worked out soon. Wish you and all a Good Memorial day:peacetwo:

Hey Nephew! Got it figured out with lots of help. Bad Ballast. :ganjamon: Love all the help I got from the members of 420. ;)

Hey OMM,

Wow...go out of town for a couple of days and look at all I've missed. 7 pages. So glad to see the new journal up. The digital ballast I bought new was bad. Try the switch like someone else suggested. I'm along for the ride, can't wait.

I got a camera finally, I think I try a journal too. I could use some adivce.

How's Jo?

There you are ! Welcome aboard ! ;) I have a bad ballast too. :smokin: All the folks here found it for me.
I hope you do put up a grow....you will have plenty of help. :bravo:

Jo and I are still waiting for the biopsy to come back. Thanks for asking! :peace:

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuck

I'm gone for 2 days. I miss the opening of this thread. And now I'm 8 pages behind.

eight!

that's got to be a record somewhere.

Anyway. I didn't even read any of the thread. It will have to wait until morning.

Peace.

HI OMM!!:)^^^ Yeah, what they^^^all said....I almost feel bad posting here, with all you have going on I'm sure you have little time to read and reaply to all these posts! Looks like you have a crack team of help already so I wont chime in, and no need to reply to this one, just wanted to drop in and say hi, hope you and Jo find yourselves well on this fine day, and also, to say a big :thanks: For your service to our country!!!:Namaste:

Are Kidding Quix ? :welcome:

Your a member of 420. In my book your as important as anyone else and your my Bud too. :bravo: The help is incredible here...they, in a joint effort solved my biggest problem, the ballast. Jo and I had a quite day, all good.
Thanks for remembering my days in the service! :hug::hug:

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuck

I'm gone for 2 days. I miss the opening of this thread. And now I'm 8 pages behind.

eight!

that's got to be a record somewhere.

Anyway. I didn't even read any of the thread. It will have to wait until morning.

Peace.

Hey Joe. :)
Slipped in on you. You missed a bit of problem solving. Everyone joined in a we got it solved. Hope you had a good 2 days:blunt: off.

I really dont know how I missed this thread:bong::bong::bong::bong: looking Good OMM glad to see you up and running again with a new project:popcorn::popcorn:

Hi Brother. :clap: No problem, we just got started. Took a few months, but up and running now. Feels good. Don't be a stranger, glad you joined us. :)

Picture Update :)

Sorry Mr. Krip, I know it's not Wednesday. :popcorn:

Here are the girls all crowed together trying to get some light. It's a fight! :morenutes:

4556.JPG

3798.JPG

2907.JPG

11317.JPG

CFLs will be added tomorrow.:hippy:

Now your cooking with gas Pop's. I imagine I'm going to see some top herbs coming in now. Hey Pop's if ya need atad more blue in your flowering just stick acouple of them CFL's you have in the mix and you'll have if going on as far as flowering. I really love the tent my friend stay down with your bad ass. And Keep em Green ++++ around and I'll be back

Hi Sprout ! ;)

Man I almost missed you. Wouldn't want to do that. The CFLs are coming tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by, my grow wouldn't me the same without you.
Thanks, I love the tent too. It will take me a while...still miss the outdoors.

You two should have been here tonight. It was Golden Lantern night.
Every year thousands of folks gather by the Ala Wai Canal and float these beautiful Golden Candle Lanterns. They have messages in them to those who have past on. It's a real sight to see the thousands of them floating out to sea. It's not meant to be a tourist attraction, but it is.

Hello to my girl Miss J.

You stay down too! :)

Holy Carp! The lantern floating was yesterday?

The girl and I went to that last year.. It's really something else! The beach is just filled with people, you can barely move! We had a great reserved spot since she is apart of some Buddhist thing that helps run it..

Its not your usual denomination, they like do seances and weird shtuff with some of their members..She only went to services like twice (i went once), and I don't remember which type it is.. Heck, she only joined cuz her roommate wouldn't shut up, I think the roommate gets like buddha brownie points for getting her to join or something.. She tried to get me to join, I declined..

But you remember my girls attitude, "God/buddha/*insertdeity* ISN'T REAL!!", its a wonder she didn't mouth off there! hahaha, man I miss her...

Anywho, glad you figured out the mystery of the ballast! Your set up is lookin' mighty fine! Can't wait to see some flowers! :high-five:

I'm gonna try to catch some shut eye now... It's 6 am again and another night without sleep.. ugh..

Back
Top Bottom