OldMedMan's Aloha Journal Part 2

5 pages not bad for me. Easy read and glad to be here now..... I feel like my grow and this gal that showed up in my yard to lay her eggs are traveling at the same speed. They are finally taking off .

Good morning and good weed to you OMM. Living in a 2 room hotel room had to just suck but I do understand the what the, moving again thing.

Yep, was a trip Beemerbill. Strange as it sounds, there just weren't that many motels/hotels around there. Guess NY had em all. There was a monster mall across the street. That's where we ate most of the time. Lil Sal could put it away. :clap:

5 pages not bad for me. Easy read and glad to be here now..... I feel like my grow and this gal that showed up in my yard to lay her eggs are traveling at the same speed. They are finally taking off .

Hey Buddy! Glad to see you in early...easier that way, like you said. Nice shot of Mr Turtle Soup. Glad your girls are taking off...I love watching your Greenhouse grows. :high-five:

Thanks Cronic. I had a very bad "Air" day. Spent the day pretty much in bed. Hope tomorrow is better. :Namaste:

yea no worries if you dont feel well just gimme a ring and well put it off its not so bad it rained pretty good tonight
:peace:

yea no worries if you dont feel well just gimme a ring and well put it off its not so bad it rained pretty good tonight
:peace:

Thanks cronic. I missed the rain. Slept right through it. Jo said it really came down. Was a strange day. I was on the oxygen, but felt like I wasn't getting any. I will probably take a bottle with me tomorrow just in case. :high-five: Thanks man!:thumb:

Well Jo, there's 5 by the shed, 11 more ready to go out, 9 more being vegged, 6 in the garage, 14 under my bed, and I just today started another 8 seeds to try something new.....I should be done by December or January.....Have to make sure the yard guys don't mistake them for weeds.

And the Saga continues!!!
Glad to be along for part deux!

Hope you're doing well today OMM!
:cheer:

Well Jo, there's 5 by the shed, 11 more ready to go out, 9 more being vegged, 6 in the garage, 14 under my bed, and I just today started another 8 seeds to try something new.....I should be done by December or January.....Have to make sure the yard guys don't mistake them for weeds.

:circle-of-love::party::ganjamon::Rasta::rofl::hippy::allgood:

And the Saga continues!!!
Glad to be along for part deux!

Hope you're doing well today OMM!
:cheer:

Glad you are too Vick. :high-five:

Doing just fine, thanks for asking. This grow will go without any problems at all.......If you believe that, would you be interested in some nice Hawaiian property? :ganjamon:

That I believe..
I would want nothing more than to own some fine Hawaiian property!
you selling?

Thanks my guy. It is so nice to hear someone is watching. My wife bitched all last spring about having a grow room in her closet(clones)
She bitched most of the grow, till the early ones came to finish.Now she has never been a big pot smoker, but now I find joints in her TV room all the time. And she has not said one word about the clone closet this year.:peace:

you have created a monster!
whats next? dont tell me she likes tomatoes. then its all over! squash, peppers and home grown tobacco?:)
Thanks my guy. It is so nice to hear someone is watching. My wife bitched all last spring about having a grow room in her closet(clones)
She bitched most of the grow, till the early ones came to finish.Now she has never been a big pot smoker, but now I find joints in her TV room all the time. And she has not said one word about the clone closet this year.:peace:

This is a special "Thanks" to Cronichemphog. He came over to help me pick up some RO water. By the time we got to his truck I couldn't get my breath. I went to get a tank oxygen and he said no and went and picked the RO water for me. When he got back he unloaded it to the place that's easy for me to get at. He would not let me give him anything for it......not even buds. Folks this was a selfless act, the least I can do is "Thank" him here.

You rock Cronic! :thumb:

Hello Everyone. I know most of the visitors here in my journal are old friends and we have quite a few grows under our collective Sigs. I like to think that there new members, non-members and watchers looking in too. This post is mainly for them. It's about how to get more from our plants through the use of FIMing and TOPing.

Here is what Low Stress Training looks like:
LST364.jpg

As you can see this causes little or no stress. This is actually training the plant to grow as you want it to. In the example, LST follows the shape of the pot it is in. You are bending the stem very carefully. I water the plant 30 minutes before I start bending it. Then I take the stem in two fingers and roll it gently between my fingers to get it pliable. As you work your way around the pot, each leaf the plant produces will turn into a new stem. Depending on the plant, many just form colas right away, increasing over all yield. :thumb:

A pot with holes around the top would be ideal to use for LST.
If not, you will have to find a way to hold the stem down. Rubber Band, Paper Clips, String, wire, or something that will hold it to the pot.

I once trained a White Widow completely around a pot, it had colas everywhere.

This plant was going to be tied around it's pot, but I changed my mind and cut it lose. You can see the distinct lean to the pot rim.

medi1_jpg.JPG

To continue on with increasing yields FIMing and TOPing

Topping34.jpg

There are quite a few opinions on when and where to top. I personally think the above chart is a bit confusing about the difference of the two. If you cut across at the FIM location shown in the above chart it will give you 4 new stems which, to me is perfect.
The topping location above will give you 2 new tops.......why bother? When the FIM location is perfect for creating 4?

There is no picture for the next topic. I take my thumb and forefinger and pinch were it tells you to cut at the yellow dots. I let that grow out for a bit, then reach in again with thumb and forefinger, then do it again. I am posting a pictures to show you the results.

If you have some old seeds you don't want plant them and practice FIMing and TOPing on them. Then you can see what your cuts are doing. By the way you can top the tops for many more tops.
:circle-of-love:

Here are some examples.

Here is a Lost Coast OG from Emerald Triangle, she has been FIMed 2 times.
lcog.jpg

A close up of here sister, two FIMs again
lcog1_jpg.JPG

Meet Lucy who has been Toped. She looks like 2 plants now. But I will be pinching on her some more.
lucy_jpg9.JPG

Here is a Medi-Bomb1. I have been very mean to this girl, but she will produce much better now.
medi1_jpg.JPG

I sure hope this helps folks to see just doing a few simple things you can increase your yield by a large amount.:thumb::yummy:

this is (said in a forced inflection with changed voice)... "Awesome"

Keep rocking the yard OMM

Back
Top Bottom