BA791D89-C779-491B-B936-8DC7DE517D58.png
BE1DF29C-3213-4FDC-86FB-6A91C8AE9A72.png

To me they look more heat stressed. Just because tent temperatures are good doesn’t mean temperature at the plant is good.

PH problems would show lots of yellowing leaves because the plants could not pick up any of the nutrients it needs.

Just my opinion but I put some pics up to help argue my case

I use my hand as an old fashioned guide lol. “Would I be comfortable in this temperature.”? It’s a little barbaric but it never fails lol. I don’t even monitor temps in my room anymore honestly.

Hope things look good next time you open visit your girls. :rollit:

To me they look more heat stressed. Just because tent temperatures are good doesn’t mean temperature at the plant is good.

PH problems would show lots of yellowing leaves because the plants could not pick up any of the nutrients it needs.

Just my opinion but I put some pics up to help argue my case

I use my hand as an old fashioned guide lol. “Would I be comfortable in this temperature.”? It’s a little barbaric but it never fails lol. I don’t even monitor temps in my room anymore honestly.

Hope things look good next time you open visit your girls. :rollit:
Thanks for the support !! I likely did heat ‘em Up too much when I lowered and increased wattage.. I’ll definitely keep an eye on things over the next few days, hope I didn’t ruin my tops :(

You might be right with your pictures. At 74-78 Fahrenheit, won’t and can’t be the problem, but you may be right with the intensity of the light.

@Opar hes right with the hand trick. Put your hand palm down under the light, move it up and down, if the light is uncomfortable to you, it’s uncomfortable to the plants.

My apologies, but I still stand by what I said. Spend the money on a good ph pen and this as well as the jewlers loupe will be the most utilized tools you have. :thumb:

Agreed ph pen will be a big help to get everything back to normal.

It could be a combination of things but you will be back on track in no time

UPDATE

So I did raise the light and reduce intensity to 600 watts. After checking this morning, everything is looking much better. Taco’ing seems to have alleviated but the curled edges remain (dry and curled, so likely burnt). Plants seem much happier and did notice some growth. So I’ll keep it at 600 for next few days and if everything is still happy, I’ll flip. Thanks very much for the help you guys, helped me stay calm :)

CBA77740-4088-4EE1-969B-CC0400CF347B.jpeg

I did have a blue labs pen, it broke :( but they are replacing it under warranty (great news considering price). I think the strips are old and not really working. I got s liquid test kit today and my previous feed looked bang on 6.0ish.... so my ‘memory’ of how many drops of ph down seems to be ok....

You might be right with your pictures. At 74-78 Fahrenheit, won’t and can’t be the problem, but you may be right with the intensity of the light.

Thanks @Backlipslide

I am piping in directly from the air register (ac running) for the input... literally stuffed the ducting into the register :)

And charcoal can is setup to run through the hood and out, so intensity could easily be high while temp is moderate... damn some smart people here :) lessons in logical/critical thinking... glad I’m getting these wrinkles out of the way, hopefully my 2nd grow will be smoother :)

Thanks @Backlipslide

I am piping in directly from the air register (ac running) for the input... literally stuffed the ducting into the register :)

And charcoal can is setup to run through the hood and out, so intensity could easily be high while temp is moderate... damn some smart people here :) lessons in logical/critical thinking... glad I’m getting these wrinkles out of the way, hopefully my 2nd grow will be smoother :)

By the your second grow, you will be teaching me, how to grow!! Lol your doing great man!!

Your plants look amazing, if I can get close to that vibrancy, I’ll be more than happy... veg is the easy part though? Hopeninmakenit to harvest!!! :)
I have no doubt you will make it to harvest! With some great looking colas!

Your doing great man!

And your not afraid to ask questions either. A lot of people are scared to ask questions. Questions turn into answers, and that’s what we’re all here for!!:thumb:

You guys are both killing it! Light years ahead of my first grow!! I know @Backlipslide has some grows under the belt but I’m just saying both of your grows look amazing! :bravo:

UPDATE

I flipped out!

Switched the HPS bulb in, MH bulb out... reset timer, lights will go off a little early today and start the 12/12 time...

Flower nute change...

Floranova Bloom 600ppm (two water at 110)...
1ml silica per gallon
1 drop Superthrive per gallon (a la hygrohybrid)

Fed the gals and can’t wait to see them tomorrow!

33CF8AC1-7C57-4D0C-9CE9-935909AF0106.jpeg

2626AF23-3D6B-4DE3-B6C3-E46BBB4805C9.jpeg

Woot woot!

So I adjusted the HPS in height until I had a par value of right around 500 at the canopy... house thermostat is acting up a bit, but I think I have it solved... tomorrow I’ll check the PAR values at edge of canopy and just inside, if temps are good I’ll raise the hood and turn up to 1000watts to compare 500 at canopy level and see how the sides and just below do.... so exiting to be able to measure the intensity!

Man I’m an old school guy. I grow in organic soil so I’ve never had to measure anything. I just took a couple hits and tried to read through some post I missed and these ppm / par / ph level is making my head spin lol .:hippy:

I just ordered some blue dream seeds so give me that detailed smoke report :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom