Man I’m an old school guy. I grow in organic soil so I’ve never had to measure anything. I just took a couple hits and tried to read through some post I missed and these ppm / par / ph level is making my head spin lol .:hippy:

I just ordered some blue dream seeds so give me that detailed smoke report :high-five:

Most certainly! I have a few friends that will help with that :)

So I did check par values , and the edge was not getting much vs centre... I think my hood is too small, so I raised it and dialed up intensity... this helped it out quite a bit... now to keep an eye on the temps... I’m thinking I need a larger reflector hood...

It’s working for now but as plants creep up I’m not sure I can get the proper par to the edges...

Day 3 flower

53BB035F-EC50-4651-9514-3CC042EC22C9.jpeg

684C87C5-843D-4A8D-8FE9-1C62E6292A84.jpeg

7B77C8AB-E6BB-4E20-94D0-379828DA5307.jpeg

So I did clean up two Plants below the skirt... I’ll get the other two tomorrow.

I want to increase the par but worried about the coverage and heat. Par meter is charging so I’ll play with it tomorrow a bit.

So light is at 750 watts, putting out 500 par (ish) to centre and 300ish at outer edges. Temp is steady around 77-79 degrees. The light throws a lot of heat, even though I have a 6” exhaust and 3 circulation fans, I can’t seem to get it down. I’m thinking the house thermostat or HVAC might be to blame.

3E4BE5B6-F836-4BED-84A2-C76C7B168DDA.jpeg

Or maybe just not enough air getting in? I will open up one of the tent vents and see if that helps... hadn’t thought of that, as long as I have negative pressure...

Deciding on what’s next after this harvest, here are 3 strains and I will be doing a high CBD strain (next to no THC).

30E5E980-9742-4AB2-ADF7-A11E57E1A01C.jpeg
B1024EA7-2714-45B8-8956-23B49693874F.jpeg
E5DCC4A0-AC7C-465A-88AE-25E6B820C7C0.jpeg

The CBD strain is Dinamed from Dinafem.

Things are moving along... I could keep it here and do alright I think, until harvest, I’d like to tweak it a little more to have a better chance at maxing out my first and less than ideal scrog attempt.

So I did check par values , and the edge was not getting much vs centre... I think my hood is too small, so I raised it and dialed up intensity... this helped it out quite a bit... now to keep an eye on the temps... I’m thinking I need a larger reflector hood...

It’s working for now but as plants creep up I’m not sure I can get the proper par to the edges...
Hey man..sorry forgot to mention. I think you are right with your reflective hood. I would recommend no smaller than 8inch. You're in a 6inch correct? That 2 inch difference will have more room for air moving faster for the1000 watt.

Thanks for dropping by @Backlipslide , I’m having a montecristo edmundo (cigar) and a Stella while teaching my son to charcoal grill some lamb loin chops! Cheers to you and everyone reading!

Cherish those moments sir!!

My daughters still in diapers so I’ve got a while before teaching her something like that :laughtwo: I mowed my lawn tonight while she ran circles around me and laughed hysterically! Haha fun times!

Teaching your son how to grill, properly! That no doubt, sounds like some time well spent sir!

How’s the situation over there Opar? Hope all is well.

I’m looking at getting a new light for flower room and got schooled in par and ppfd lol. Just thought you’d like to know I now can pretend I know what you’re talking about ha ha

How’s the situation over there Opar? Hope all is well.

I’m looking at getting a new light for flower room and got schooled in par and ppfd lol. Just thought you’d like to know I now can pretend I know what you’re talking about ha ha

Hi @Silverfox125 ! I don’t really know much about par and ppfd, just looked for a range I should be at and bought a meter to see where I was at :)

The grow is chugging a long... day 4 or 5 since I flipped, noticed some growth... and two of the 4 plants looks like it may be getting a little sparkly? Not sure... haven’t noticed any big changes like pistils or anything...

FF917BE3-44C9-4561-A9BC-330DA6939F62.jpeg

9988CCC2-43F1-473A-943E-10464A4101D3.jpeg

BB00B873-08BF-4056-BB50-8CDD2FB588ED.jpeg

I’m excited to see how this will end and excited to get my next strains going as well... apparently ‘the new’ is up to 28% thc!! So even a new grower like me should be able to make it potent!

Now that we are getting to the fun part do you have a magnifying glass or loupe?

My favorite part is in a couple weeks when you get all the fluffy white flowers popping out of your tent.

Those marking your seeing on the leafs, aren’t quite trichomes yet. You’ll know when they start to get crystal(y)! :yahoo:

Take your microscope thingy, and zoom into those to make sure that it’s not bugs, once determined I wouldn’t worry too much about those markings :thumb:

I like the shot of the armpit! Great photo!!

Back
Top Bottom