Oz's First Grow - Pyramid Tut In Coco

I like how you called him Artie Beetson OAM, I was talking to a guy once who kept on calling him Arthur, which is his name, but no one I ever knew called him that, it was Artie, so I concluded at the time the same thing...no idea.

Ron Coote, Royce Aycliffe, Les Boyd...oh shit haven't thought of those boys for a whlie.

Mmm just to sound old and cantankerous

They just don't make footballers like them any more...

Edit: Schubert, he was Sea Eagles / Manly-Warringah coach for a while wasn't he?

Ahhhh. Ian Shubert played left wing for Easts :) Tassie...the crazy thing was......I played as a schoolboy for Eastern Suberbs but supported St George lol. Chanaga (Graham) Langlands was my hero lol :)

Hey GF.....when I was a kid I was a schoolboy rugby "star" lol. But, hey, no money in it..........I earned MORE in a supermarket than I did playing........want to buy a tin of beans? lol :)

edit swear word: Sheeit mate we grew up in the same area. Do you know of Panania and East Hills, Milperra. I used to play for the Milperra colts JRFL as young tacker. Ooh the fights over eels being better than the dragons, or the bulldogs. It was a funny area to live in cause you had so many good teams that you could kinda choose, it wasn't a united front in Panania back in those days.

Like if you lived in Parramatta and surrounds, then of course you suppported the eels, bankstown people St george, usually, but that was the thing panania was kinda in between it all so it was easier to pick a side than be defined by a geographical location as to what team you support.

It's just before 9am the natives are getting restless, and daddys mate who is also his supplier, forgot to bring some loving last night...forgot....Usually i would leave this phone call to 10, but f him, he can get outta bed and bring it....NOW.... :)

Good morning, Hugs and kisses all, you are truly the most wonderful people I have ever met....

Ha ha ha ....GF What "beans" would like? Baked? BBQ? Or.......? lol :)
Tassie....I'm an Eastern Suberbs/ Clovelly boy . Lived in Paddington, Woolahra, Waverley and Bondi Junction for years. Surfed Cloveley and Coogee as a kid :) Also (yo my shame lol) spent some time in Daruk and Yasmar........if you know them lol :)

I bet you were a private school boy....oh sorry, by bad...

My best mates dad owned a house on Coogee beach, I spent a lot of my teenage days trying to get into girls pants on Coogee beach, got a fair bit of sand rash there too if you know what I mean. (Can I say that here?) oh probobly more importantly I learnt to surf at coogee, and surfed all of the Maroubra to Bondi coast.

I know you're older than me, no offence, but geeze you know, Id damn near bet we've seen, bumped into, or been walking the same beach at the same time....

Oh ozzy, poo, yes I know Daruk and Yasmar, do you know Cobham and Minda.....

F mate, I am sorry that your life circumstances took you to those places. I know intrinsically what these places are.

Evening all.....quick check from me. :) Been a manic few days but in a good way :) Work, work and MORE work so I'm happy :)

Tassie......Hope all is good my friend?
Private schooling? Me?........well, yes I guess so, Sydney Boys High. A caveat to that though.....I was VERY much the "black sheep" lol.......what a surprise :) Mate, I don't doubt our paths have crossed. Like you, I surfed from Maroubra, Coogee, Clovelly Bombi, Tamarama, Bronte, Bondi.........and North side it was Manly :)
Can't say I know Cobham or Minda though mate. I had 2 "spells" at Yasmar and an 8 month vacation at Daruk lol. It's fair to say I was an "adventurous" child/youth lol. Did you ever go to the Police Boys Camp at Kurrajong?

Good morning OZ, great to see you around mate.

I like the fact you went into instant dismissal/defence mode as soon as I said private school... :) ... I'm chuckling ....then said yes...then the caveat...you aint getting outta it that easy mate!

8 months is a fair spell my friend, you musta been a naughty boy...or a naughty boy several times :)
The rest of the names Cobham Detention Centre and Minda Remand Centre, both the same as Daruk and Yasmar - oh detention and remand too of my favourite words...I had a habit of breaking out....they had a habit of putting me back in :)

Kurrajong and Yarramundi....and also, up the coast...Sport and Recreation camps....that's what they were called.

My Coogee mate and I both had parents who had divorces about the same time, and our mum's both ended up moving to the Blue Mountains at the same time - two waxheads stuck in the middle of the bush.....lucky his dad still lived at Coogee, Bream street if I remember, on the Northern end of Coogee beach, so every friday night we'd take the train to Central, change to Randwick line(? Cant remember), get out at Bondi Junction...his day pick us up, Surf for the weekend, train home again.

I trust you're having a good day, and hello from 326AM Australia mate!

Awwwww mate....melancholy times lol. Yep, I was a naughty boy lots of times lol. All changed after Daruk. Went in 15th April (ironic lol) 1977 (2 days after my 15th birthday) came out 15th Dec.......long story but when you borrow cars without asking..... :)
Bream Street....BIG steep hill...used to skateboard down it lol :) Railway Square or Circular Quay....then bus it to Randwick, that was the best way :) Come on then....which education "establishment" did you wag off from? :) Ohhhhh and WHERE does the Tassie come from?
I'm due a trip back home soon.....LA and Mrs Light may well be joining us.....my Sister lives up the coast at Port Macquarie and I've friends and rels in Sydney, Brisbane, SA and Darwin.......so accommodation is sorted :)

Sorry missed this Oz,

Oh yes borrowing cars...well we mostly put them back...in one piece...mostly.

Wonderful how a looooongg stretch can change perspective....not.

East Hills Boys high....long way away from the beach...then Katoomba High, public...even further still....I was always running away from that life...you can't keep the saltwater outta ya veins...or the wax outta ya ears.... :)

Tassie...well....lets say I've been slowly migrating south...long journey...but can't go much further south now :) ...next stop Antarctica

I've rellies in western syd, vic, friends in northern nsw as well, coffs harbour...

Alright then...I know OZ will answer when he can...I wasn't going to propose this previously, and if timing and the place is right well maybe I'd like to meet you all in the flesh...the offer is open, there isn't any pressure on both sides.

Like I said, we are up there from time to time, so maybe if there are any definate plans, and the desire is there, (? maybe wrong word but It'll do), you might consider keeping me in the loop so to speak, it just might work with our plans too... :)

Hi all....flying visit before shower and bed....knackered.com here lol.
Tassie mate.....I always returned them in one piece and with more fuel than I started lol. Old Holdens DIDN'T need a key :) Yes mate, we'll keep you posted regards the hols.....need to raise some funds because my "bank" got closed down lol :) Growing is a no-no from here in but I'm working on a few plans....one a "joint" (lol) venture with Mr Miagi :)
Speaking of whom......how you doing buddy? Sorry I've not rung you for a while but got some "life complications" going on at present. Made worse by my being out working (ironic ehhh? lol)
Hi Alex...hope all is good mate?

Hi all. I feel like an impostor posting on here.....no grow and no chance of one for the foreseeable future. If I'm honest, it's totally doing my head in lol. Lets see what happens after the dust has settled. I answer bail on the 15th May and I'll have a better idea of my "future" then :)

Just read your post....you are dearly missed...and I know the same from you to all here...

It wont be long, stay strong...we're all fingers crossed for ya...Im sorry for the wait...

Glad your here though ! ! ! ! :high-five::thumb::circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom