Ozzy's Soil Grow to DWC Flower Grow

Thinking of what soil I will be using,
Last time I used a cheap ass soil... We don't have any of the awesome soils as overseas and stuff but this time round I would like a soil that will need less nutes needed through veg,

What do you guys think of this potting mix?

Searles Kickalong® Organic
Premium Potting Mix

BFA Registered Fully Organic & Natural

Suitable for Indoor & Outdoor Potting

Kickalong® Organic Potting Mix is a premium potting mix containing a special blend of selected organic ingredients. This organic potting mix is boosted with:

• 5IN1TM Organic Plant Food Pellets
• SeaMax® Fish & Kelp
• Blood & Bone
• Potash Bloom Booster

This premium blend of organic and natural ingredients is designed for sustainable and organic growing of potted plants. This mix has excellent water retention properties while also allowing ideal drainage, providing the right conditions for your loved plants.

• Certified Premium Grade AS3743.
• This mix contains sufficient fertilisers for up to 1 months of plant growth.

5 IN 1TM Pellets
To this mix has been added 5IN1TM Organic Plant Food Pellets, an organic fertiliser to boost plant performance and provide long term nutrition.

SeaMax® Fish & Kelp
This mix is boosted with Natural Fish & Kelp nutrients, to stimulate healthy root development, foliage growth and promote plant vitality.

Searles Blood & Bone
Organic Blood & Bone has been added to supply essential slow release Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Calcium and Trace Elements.

Searles Potash Bloom Booster
Potassium is an essential nutrient for healthy plant growth and for promotion of flowering and fruiting. Potassium also assists plants in strengthening cell walls and providing protection form fungal attack. This mix is boosted with Natural Sulphate of Potash to provide plants with a balanced start for healthy growth.

• Available Size: 30 Litres

Sounds pretty good to me...:thumb:

I've never grown weed in soil, so I'll be as interested in the answers as you are. Still thinking about doing a hempy grow with a perlite/vermiculite mix.

Well, I've never grown in a humpy bucket before either...

My first grow was with a 400w son-t hps in cheap ass pots and $3 Coles potting mix lol, I used Bushmaster soil nutrients..
The plant ended up too big for my cupboard cause I let it veg too long lmao...
2 main colas that were thicker than 1.25L coke bottles lmao and heaps of smaller branches!!!
But I didn't know shit then hahahahahaha...
Not enough ventilation, severe heat problems but got over 3.5 ounces....

I know soil works, second grow was heaps better but had to shut up shop after that..
Just perlite and vermiculite in a humpy?? Would that work?

Thinking of changing my grow area AGAIN :)
Seems much simpler like this, I'll just build it:
image9022.jpg

:high-five:

Hempys are the way I'm growing. Aussie invention ozzy, gotta stay local lol. Mine coir perlite 50-50, coir nutes. Want to go organic soil next but getting soil right, want to raise brix levels in plants, thinking is, will be easier in soil than soilless, idk, but even if doesn't raise brix healthy soil and fish nutes, compost teas, says to me less stress and trouble with plants, than trying to mineralise soilless. Seen some journals and half the additives soilless guys use we can't get here. Bat guano we only get seagul guano or some bird, different mineral release. Fairly stoned:) peace man. Soul sounds good, maybe use that potash one when repotting to flowering? Peace man
Perlite/vermiculite works extremely well for hempys, maybe even what was used when first invented? :peace:

Im a soil guy :) No big brain on the subject, yet Im very cautious of slow release pellets etc in soil. I know they are organic, yet I like to be in total control on when and how I dose my girls :)

That's what I was afraid of!!! But it says it only lasts upto 4 weeks anyway, I figure if I veg for longer then it should be used up by the time flowering begins...
I am wondering if I should just do an all soil run..
Do you know if there is any difference in producing seeds in soil vs hydro? Or seeds produced under LEDs for that matter?

Ok so my bloody drill died this morning and I didn't want to purchase another one so I just slapped a tent together that fills my space nicely..

I noticed last night that there was some bizarre twisting and curling going on with some of the Leaves...
I was in a small clone tent, I figured it may be the led being too close.... Never seen this before, and knew to led growing really!!!

So my DIY tent is 1.6m tall x 1.3m wide x 55cm deep, heaps more room for them now, ideally I would have heaps of room but I can't where I am at the moment...

Here is a pic of the bizzare twisting:
image9066.jpg

And here are some pics of my DIY tent:
image9070.jpg
image9068.jpg
image9067.jpg

Just have to sort out a zipper for the door....

Very nice job on the tent. I would say that you probably have 4 plants too many in there, though... You'll better see what I mean in about 6 weeks. :ganjamon: On the bright side, you can train and trim what you need to, and still bring all 6 in for a nice harvest.

Don't see the problem with the one plant's leaves. They look OK to me.

I do know that 6 in there will be pushing it :)

I will make it work!!! Depending on how the 2 haze strains go, I may end up putting them outside... They seem to have slowed height wise... Hard to tell....

My last grow was a micro grow, the first under led (cheap UFO from alibaba that died soon after)
that space was only 40cm H x 40cm w x 30cm D!!! Was the funniest thing you've ever seen,
Filled it with 8 Kushberry clones in DWC,
More LST than buds hahahahahaha....
But they were all healthy and uniform,

It looked impossible but I did it,
The smallest cupboard you've ever seen thick with uniform heads lmao...
I just want that on a grand scale ;)

I do know that 6 in there will be pushing it :)

I will make it work!!! Depending on how the 2 haze strains go, I may end up putting them outside... They seem to have slowed height wise... Hard to tell....

My last grow was a micro grow, the first under led (cheap UFO from alibaba that died soon after)
that space was only 40cm H x 40cm w x 30cm D!!! Was the funniest thing you've ever seen,
Filled it with 8 Kushberry clones in DWC,
More LST than buds hahahahahaha....
But they were all healthy and uniform,

It looked impossible but I did it,
The smallest cupboard you've ever seen thick with uniform heads lmao...
I just want that on a grand scale ;)

You have the soul of a grower. :yummy:

No doubt you'll succeed here.

Hey all,
Just thought I would share some pics of some dank Aussie bush buds :)

A heap of shitty bush and hydro floats around oz, mostly heavy heavy shit weed that is most probably pumped out by bikies somewhere..
Weed here is shit, how do I know?
Because my own home grown was better than what is normally available,
but every once in a blue moon you come across something decent!!

Here is some nice Aussie bush:
image9111.jpg

image9112.jpg

image9113.jpg

Well into week 2 now,

Am just experimenting at the moment, tried something that isn't in the grow bibles or anything...
At first I was like why did I do that but a few days later all good..

(I call this "Decapitation Topping" as this isn't the conventional way of topping)..

The tall Super Delux I hacked of the second sets of leaves leaving a tiny amount of stem remaining,
There are 7 new shoots growing on it in week 2...

This was just an experiment, and differs from anything I have learnt... Just felt like doing it and it worked,
You can tell by the second pic the explosion of growth, but you will see in a few days exactly what's going on here!!
My camera won't get close enough and clear enough to see properly..
image9166.jpg
image9167.jpg

I will be watching this closely myself....
;)

I was stoned as yesterday and decided to transplant my babies into bigger pots with a premium potting soil with no additives at all, just 30% perlite and 10% vermiculite...

I must have been stoned because I dropped a pot onto my nicest looking plant and snapped the stem... Within a min the main fan leave was drooping and curling and I thought I was going to lose half of it...
I found my cloth duct tape and tore off a little strip, I really thought it was too late!!

But I woke up amazed to see it's made a full recovery and is looking better than the others!!
image9262.jpg

I won't be doing that's again in a hurry!!

Here are some pics of them before and after transplant, after transplant I give them a seaweed health treatment like I always do but I have never seen plants look so good so soon after (must be the LED)
image9248.jpg
image9247.jpg
image9263.jpg
image9264.jpg

I am thinking of trying Advanced Nutrients organic line this time like: Iguana Juice grow & bloom and Organic B-1 vitamin booster or something..
Anyone used these nutrients before?

Back
Top Bottom