P9 Hunts For The Unicorn With Mars SP 250s

I like FEM seeds when I'm in a hurry or limited on space; but whenever possible, I like to get my females from REG seeds - better genetics closer to the mother. I'm of the belief that REG seeds are more about the natural quality of the female and less about the presence of a male showing up that is easily culled.

Actually, I bet I just jinxed myself, and the next 10 REG seeds I germinate will be male! lol

Do some of your journals outline how you feminized your seeds? Personally, I'm not a big fan of colloidal silver - it warps the genetics and can present with unusual growth defects. ;)

Anyway, I'm a big fan of your work, and I hope to see more of it in the future!
Thanks ,but I actually use colloidal silver. Colin from Ethos Genetics uses it to feminize also. He likes it better, because he says less stressful to the plant than the other types of silver. He told me what PPM and brand to buy personally. Could you please show me were you read it warps genetics, because your the second person that has said that, and honestly I can not find. Not trying to argue, I just wanna see it, because I have no problem changing. And I have popped more regs than I have fems in my career. I only ever pop the whole pack. Sometimes 4 and 5 at a time so maybe 50 regs going, and I never notice more consistent plants personally. That is just my personal experience, so all that I can speak on. I have never seen lab results that reg plants can out perform a fem with numbers either, but yes of course regs are more natural and in a perfect world with no prohibition I could see myself liking them more again. :peace:

Thanks ,but I actually use colloidal silver. Colin from Ethos Genetics uses it to feminize also. He likes it better, because he says less stressful to the plant than the other types of silver. He told me what PPM and brand to buy personally. Could you please show me were you read it warps genetics, because your the second person that has said that, and honestly I can not find. Not trying to argue, I just wanna see it, because I have no problem changing. And I have popped more regs than I have fems in my career. I only ever pop the whole pack. Sometimes 4 and 5 at a time so maybe 50 regs going, and I never notice more consistent plants personally. That is just my personal experience, so all that I can speak on. I have never seen lab results that reg plants can out perform a fem with numbers either, but yes of course regs are more natural and in a perfect world with no prohibition I could see myself liking them more again. :peace:

Hey @Kitchenhawk, I've read through your work here and know you are open minded and like different opinions/techniques.

I will definitely keep an eye out for those pieces of theory - and who knows, it could have been from a guy who copied the idea from another guy, who heard about it from his best friend's sister's second cousin twice removed on their mother's side :)

I have never seen lab results that reg plants can out perform a fem with numbers either ...

Anyway, I got sidetracked (as always) and read this article:

High Times - Seed Showdown: Regular vs. Feminized (Google it)

If you want, I'll run that experiment using BopTang if you haven't done so already.

In general, ( not you @Kitchenhawk ) , I'm finding that a few people are still not clear about the difference between Genotype and Phenotype, so this is a good read if anyone wants to get that straightened out:

Well, it’s maybe an inconvenient truth, but every single cannabis seed has its unique genotype. Many growers assume that seeds from the same cannabis strain share an identical genetic code and understandingly expect homogeneous growth. Unfortunately, this is a common misassumption. There are lots of people using the term phenotype to describe the variations of plants they get from the same strain grown from seed. In fact, and what they usually don’t know, they’re talking about different genotypes. It’s not only the environment that determines phenotypic expression, but logically also the genotype itself.

00.jpg Basic Cannabis Knowledge: Genotype and Phenotype

Alright, we're heading out for our nightly walk now - l8r!

Hey @Kitchenhawk, I've read through your work here and know you are open minded and like different opinions/techniques.

I will definitely keep an eye out for those pieces of theory - and who knows, it could have been from a guy who copied the idea from another guy, who heard about it from his best friend's sister's second cousin twice removed on their mother's side :)

If you want, I'll run that experiment using BopTang if you haven't done so already.

In general, ( not you @Kitchenhawk ) , I'm finding that a few people are still not clear about the difference between Genotype and Phenotype, so this is a good read if anyone wants to get that straightened out:

Well, it’s maybe an inconvenient truth, but every single cannabis seed has its unique genotype. Many growers assume that seeds from the same cannabis strain share an identical genetic code and understandingly expect homogeneous growth. Unfortunately, this is a common misassumption. There are lots of people using the term phenotype to describe the variations of plants they get from the same strain grown from seed. In fact, and what they usually don’t know, they’re talking about different genotypes. It’s not only the environment that determines phenotypic expression, but logically also the genotype itself.

Thanks. I will check out that hightimes article. I actually think I will try the silver thiosulfate this next time also, to see which I like better. I have heard that silver thiosulfate is typically more effective and I am 2/4 with colloidal, so definitely not married to it, and willing to try another way. Thanks for your repsonse and those articles. :peace:

I have Boptang Regs and Fems and have run them both. Made the fems from the regs. I did not notice any potency, terpene, or vigor superiority in either line. The fems lost a few phenotypes though in selection. 2 phenotypes lost were good. 1 was bad. I had 3 possible keepers, and crossed the best 2. I noticed the 3rd possible phenotype is now missing, but I got more of the main 2. In fact almost 100%. But I learned about incrossing and bottlenecking. You can gain alot, but you also stand to lose some stuff also unless you use more phenotypes. Sorry to ramble.

Checked tricomes on Black Cherry Bop, and Strawberry Lemonade tonight...
:eye-roll:
They live to see another day... all cloudy trics, with very few amber spattered between the 2 plants. I really gotta search to find em.

No biggie.... coffers are already full. I'm gonna let em have the time they need.
:blunt:

....they're on day 95 from flip. LoL
:jawdropper:

Pretty sure I stalled them for at least 2 weeks during the middle of flower. It shows now...

I just hope to be able to push them long enough to "really" finish without seeing nanners.

:meditate:

Thanks. I will check out that hightimes article. I actually think I will try the silver thiosulfate this next time also, to see which I like better. I have heard that silver thiosulfate is typically more effective and I am 2/4 with colloidal, so definitely not married to it, and willing to try another way. Thanks for your repsonse and those articles. :peace:

Very Cool! Which of your journals should I follow for that? I'll bookmark it.

Also, is there a "Community Breeders" thread here? If not, I'd like to start one.

Lol - that just sounds wrong! I can imagine someone telling me now to head over to "matchdotcom" :)

Anyhoo, I'm actually going to try "Rodelization" this round - that should be pretty sweet if I can get it to work.

00.jpg How To Make Feminized Cannabis Seeds Like The Pros

Alright, Ive gotta do this ... It's just soooo me!

"Hey @Preston9mm ! Y'all got plans for breeding anytime in the near future? :)"

2- 3oz boxes Jello mix
3- .25oz gelatine packets
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup infused oil

Have you changed the recipe? The one I've been using of yours was two .25 plain gelatine packs instead of three.

Look into Teresias mist or something like that. It’s colloidal , sts and ga3 mixed into one. Heard good things from a few people.

Quite surprised your using Cs mate, think your the only person I know that does.
I've also read that sts is a lot more effective but is more poiseness. Sure I read it in Robert Clarks book marijuana botany (don't quote me on that... I will check first).
Also don't you also have to spray Cs a lot longer into flower than you do sts? Sure this would cause more stress.
Doing a side by side would be really good if you could :Namaste:.

I love fems for putting down a quick crop. Can't beat how quick you can get a harvest in.
Find regs mums perform better than fems mums for repeated clone runs though, they seem to keep vigor better across generations. (our UK cheese is a good example of this. Was selected from skunk about 30 years ago and is still a vigorous cut, any mother ran of big Buddha, greenhouse etc has to be thrown and restarted every year).

Smashed it with the training on the next lot. Looking good :bravo:. Love seeing you back on the gummys too :cheesygrinsmiley:.

I'd stay away from this, I've used gibberic acid before and it works really well until you pop the seeds and 100% turn herm on you :rofl::rofl:.
Good to know.

Have you changed the recipe? The one I've been using of yours was two .25 plain gelatine packs instead of three.
Yeah, I bumped the gelatine up a little to help the gummies set up a bit quicker & hold a bit more firm when done.

Yeah, I bumped the gelatine up a little to help the gummies set up a bit quicker & hold a bit more firm when done.

Does it help them from melting? That seems to be my biggest issue, and makes it challenging to take with. :(

Thanks @Preston9mm for putting pink kush cbd on my radar! My dad is in a lot of pain these days and I got him into CBD recently. Yesterday he said the oil was good but he needed more and stronger. I'm looking to order PK now. I was hoping to find some comparative grow I could also order seeds for but couldn't find anything. Might just go with sour diesel auto from dinafem also. Anyways, thanks again! Happy Friday!!!

Does it help them from melting? That seems to be my biggest issue, and makes it challenging to take with. :(
2 gelatine packs was working fine for me, I was just trying to bang out a few batches in a row & wanted to be quick.

The additional gelatine pack was more to help them set up quicker

2 packs- soft gummies, but still won't melt.

3 packs- firm gummies that set up a bit quicker.

Both great!
:thumb:

Spine injections yesterday, still had to work today..... finally getting a minute to relax before I'm bombarded by children coming home from school.
20200124_130643.jpg

To the moon!
:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom