P9 Hunts For The Unicorn With Mars SP 250s

Thanks again for the Gummies recipe - it sounds like 3 gelatin packs is the way to go for us.

I sure hope those injections pay off!
So, I've been playing with the recipe a bit lately in an attempt to "stall" absorption. Hence the gummies being more dense this run.
Complete shot in the dark, but my theory is; the slower an edible digests, the longer it should take to start working.

Ultimately, we generally make our gummies for bedtime consumption. That's why I add in Melatonin to mine. But, my wife & I both prefer our "sleep meds" to start working a bit after we're already asleep. So, I'm trying to slow absorption now.

I'm sure I'll go thru a few options before I figure it out.

Next attempt will be hard candy...

I'm going to do some testing over the next week or two by swallowing my gummies (current recipe) whole to see if I get the desired effect.

If so, i might even bump the gelatine up to 4 packs to make really firm gummies & just pour them in tiny molds so they can be swallowed.

I've already tried straight 00 caps, but they hit us faster than the gummies.

All trial & error here... lol
:thumb:

And the oil you used? Just any infused cooking oil? I usually use coconut. Thanks @Preston9mm in advance
I use the liquid coconut oil now, but have used EVOO for a year or 2.

Either works, I think coconut tastes better.

Spine injections yesterday, still had to work today..... finally getting a minute to relax before I'm bombarded by children coming home from school.
20200124_130643.jpg

To the moon!
:blunt:
Nice one, what flavor? I've been burning a lot of the russians lately. One of mine has flu, so he is a lot slower today....

Hey @Preston9mm , this is a bit off topic, but does anyone here know how I go about creating an album to organize my photos? Thanks in advance!
Albums were a thing here for a hot minute after the site update a couple of year ago. Every time you tried to upload pics it would make you create an album, and everyone hated having to do that, so they dumped it.

If you want to see if it still works, click the +add media button on the Gallery page and see if it lets you create new ones. I don't think there is a way to move existing media to an album though.

You can use tags for that kind of organization, along with good captions when you upload. All searchable.

Albums were a thing here for a hot minute after the site update a couple of year ago. Every time you tried to upload pics it would make you create an album, and everyone hated having to do that, so they dumped it.

If you want to see if it still works, click the +add media button on the Gallery page and see if it lets you create new ones. I don't think there is a way to move existing media to an album though.

You can use tags for that kind of organization, along with good captions when you upload. All searchable.

Perfect! I'll start adding Album tags from now on!

So, I've been playing with the recipe a bit lately in an attempt to "stall" absorption. Hence the gummies being more dense this run.
Complete shot in the dark, but my theory is; the slower an edible digests, the longer it should take to start working.

Ultimately, we generally make our gummies for bedtime consumption. That's why I add in Melatonin to mine. But, my wife & I both prefer our "sleep meds" to start working a bit after we're already asleep. So, I'm trying to slow absorption now.

I'm sure I'll go thru a few options before I figure it out.

Next attempt will be hard candy...

I like the softer ones on occasion. I can basically liquefy them in my mouth, and get the absorption going quickly if I want/need to do so. But they get a bit too squishy after being out of the fridge much over an hour, and it's still cold out. Not going to be good for the summer, so looks like it's time to up the gelatin. :D

Oh, for flavoring? I've been trying Mio out (water "enhancer") the last couple of batches. So far it's worked out great!

I like the softer ones on occasion. I can basically liquefy them in my mouth, and get the absorption going quickly if I want/need to do so. But they get a bit too squishy after being out of the fridge much over an hour, and it's still cold out. Not going to be good for the summer, so looks like it's time to up the gelatin. :D

Oh, for flavoring? I've been trying Mio out (water "enhancer") the last couple of batches. So far it's worked out great!
Dusting the molds with corn starch helps them to "stabilize" as well. It leaves a nice shiny, almost waxy, coat on the exterior of the gummy.
*tip I picked up from a candymaker.

I'll give that a go next time. I've been using pam, so maybe that's enough to help.

Back
Top Bottom