Paintedbudman's Hydroponic GDP Grow In New Tent And New LED Lights

Day 148 Day 78 of Flower: Buds keep leaning more and more. Getting too heavy to stand up. Yeah!! Got a picture with a Gatorade bottle in it to give scale to just how massive these colas are. Then some bud/trichrome pics of that same bud. Enjoy!!

Day 149 Day 79 of Flower: I think the pH issue is done. The last two days I haven't had to adjust the pH at all. After all the rapid pH drops from the past two weeks that is a relief. For details about the amount of adds see my data dumps. The buds are falling over from their weight. Probably going to have to start using string to keep them up. But other than that they "feel" like they are moving towards completion now. Earlier it just didn't feel or look right,

I've got one picture with me holding the main cola up and one where it is allowed to flop over. What a difference in the look of the plant!. Take care everyone and to all good growing!!

Day 150 Day 80 of Flower: pH is still stable so I think thats fixed ... gotta keep an eye on that. Added 3 gallons of water, so the girl is drinking between 1.25 and 1.5 gallons of water a day. Watching for a slowdown in water consumption as I was told that when the girl is fully ready for harvest water she will drink less. I want to confirm this, but haven't seen any sign of slowing water consumption.

Day 151 Day 81 of Flower: Looking good, 3 days with no pH adjustment. May need to adjust tomorrow as the pH is still drifting down but at a 0.1-0.2 unit per day not dropping overnight into the 4.5-5 range. So I think that problem is behind me (at least for now) Just took some pretty massive adds of pH up to get the system back into equilibrium at the right pH.

Do you think the pH dropping so aggressively was due to the K the plants were consuming? And if the pH drop has slowed, does that mean the plant feeding has slowed? Are they drinking less as well?

Do you think the pH dropping so aggressively was due to the K the plants were consuming? And if the pH drop has slowed, does that mean the plant feeding has slowed? Are they drinking less as well?
Not sure why the pH drops exactly (haven't looked into the internal chemistry of the plants) but I've seen it a couple of times in my hydro setup. It seems to happen in flowering about the time that buds have developed their structure but haven't filled out yet. Anybody else notice this?? I added 2.5ml pH up this evening. Only at 5.57 this evening but I don't want it to get away from me again. We'll see what it is in the morning.

The only way I really have of measuring how much she is eating is based on water consumption. She is drinking 1-2 gallons a day. The TDS isn't moving around much until I add more water, so I assume that the girl is eating fairly well.

Day 152 Day 82 of Flower: Had to Add 5 ml pH up as the pH was 5.6. Still not to bad considering. Everythiing points to harvest in about 2 weeks. 1 week more flower then 1 week of flush ..... can't wait, its almost 6 months since I dropped the seed! (24 weeks from seed to harvest, if you add 1-2 weeks dry and cure before smoking thats a full 6 months! Longest grow Ive ever done!).

Don't forget the week it's going to take you to cut and trim those monsters ;)

Day 153 Day 83 of Flower GDP: pH was 5.98 this morning after the add yesterday. Thats about perfect for what I want: raise to about 6 then let it drop to under 5.7. Wash, rinse, repeat. TDS is down in low 500's and dropping every time I add just water. Again just as planned. Next sunday will be the start of flush (at least I think it will).

Don't forget the week it's going to take you to cut and trim those monsters ;)
It'll take me at least a week to cut her all the way down. I'm kinda slow at that, but ~7 days from the first bud cut the girl will be ready for her first smoke. Better after cure but I always love the first puff of a plant after its dry enough to light!

I'm not looking forward to the achy hands from trimming up the buds, but I am looking forward to getting this grow finished. Then on to other grows with all new learning opportunities!

Day 156 Day 86 of Flower: Missed yesterday, family came into town. Looking good, pH is good, Water consumption is 1-1.5 gallons a day. Am watching for a slowdown as FelipeBlu suggested as a indication of the girl being done and ready for harvest. Also observing trichromes and pistol color change as these are the indicators that I usually use to determine if the buds are ripe. These two indicate that the time is very close but not quite yet. That is good because I need to get a week of flush in before I cut her. Flush (replace reservoir water with distilled) will start next weekend and conclude a week later.

Day 156 Day 86 of Flower: Missed yesterday, family came into town. Looking good, pH is good, Water consumption is 1-1.5 gallons a day. Am watching for a slowdown as FelipeBlu suggested as a indication of the girl being done and ready for harvest. Also observing trichromes and pistol color change as these are the indicators that I usually use to determine if the buds are ripe. These two indicate that the time is very close but not quite yet. That is good because I need to get a week of flush in before I cut her. Flush (replace reservoir water with distilled) will start next weekend and conclude a week later.

Beautiful garden my friend, I've really enjoyed watching it explode. :welldone:
Hope you are having a good day.
Just wondering why you would want to flush for a week?
Starving that garden would be a sin.:Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Bill284, Why do I flush for a week? 2 reasons. One of which I can somewhat confirm from personal experience, and one from what I have read online. First the flush should remove some residual nutes from the plant giving a smoother smoke and less crusty ash left in the bowl. From personal observation this appears to be true. I've noted on some of my earlier grows that the smoke was much harsher if I didn't do a flush. Secondly, the stress that the flush does increases terpenes and/or THC levels. I can't confirm this but I have read it in multiple sources over the years. Not sure if this is true but the week long flush doesn't seem to hurt the plant any that I've noticed so I've continued it.

BTW thanks for the compliment on the girl (she appreciates it, as do I) and just as much for following along.

Day 157 Day 87 of Flower: Things are looking good. Trichromes are getting milky and the pistols have mostly turned orange (the remaining pistols look sort of crinkled so they are not far from turning color). Looks like i'm on schedule!

I know people here mostly say not to flush. However, look at all those leaves your plant has. You could flush her for two weeks and she would still get plenty of nutrition from her leaves. I've done some type of flush on each of my grows and still believe there is a good reason for it. Your reasons make sense.

Also, I'm sure you're fine harvesting what you have now. Once they are mostly done building I'll go for quality over quantity every day.

Beautiful grow and buds man. I've enjoyed following along.

Have you tried drip clean? It’s a product from Dutch master’s I believe. It dissolves the salts left over in the plant. Most nutrients are some form of a “salt” or use it as a cleating agent to give the plant minerals it can then uptake. So when we flush we are flushing the “salts” not actually nutrients out. The plant has already used the nutrients and shat them out in some form. The black ash’s in the bowl are the salts and EDTA being burned.
I grow in dirt now so I don’t flush, when I did dwc undercurrent I did flush then I got to the point of using drip clean and didn’t flush again. I also noticed some nutrient lines had more salt buildup then other’s.

Ninja edit: shat out the nutrients or stored them for later use

Back
Top Bottom