Paintedbudman's Hydroponic GDP Grow In New Tent And New LED Lights

Have you tried drip clean? It’s a product from Dutch master’s I believe. It dissolves the salts left over in the plant. Most nutrients are some form of a “salt” or use it as a cleating agent to give the plant minerals it can then uptake. So when we flush we are flushing the “salts” not actually nutrients out. The plant has already used the nutrients and shat them out in some form. The black ash’s in the bowl are the salts and EDTA being burned.
I grow in dirt now so I don’t flush, when I did dwc undercurrent I did flush then I got to the point of using drip clean and didn’t flush again. I also noticed some nutrient lines had more salt buildup then other’s.

Ninja edit: shat out the nutrients or stored them for later use
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into drip clean. The system in the plant is very very complex. Based on some very basic physical driving forces it can be determined that if you lower the concentration of dissolved solids in the reservoir then you will naturally have any water mobile dissolved solids moving from the plant to the reservoir (Le Chatelier's principle at work, materials move from areas of greater concentration to those of lesser concentration). This will necessarily lower the concentration of dissolved solids in the plant. What solids move and how fast is controlled to a great deal by the plant but the driving force is still there and the plant will adjust to the new equilibrium. If this occurs then less icky ash in the bowl. Which is a good thing!!:thumb::yahoo: This makes sense to me which is one of the reasons I flush. The other is habit and that is the way i learned to do it years ago. Inertia is another major force that has to be addressed in life as well as physics. Take care and again thanks for stopping by. Any and all questions comments or random thoughts are welcome!!

Day 159 day 89 of Flower: Tied more of the buds up to avoid them laying on each other and increasing potential for mold. Looks good to me. Will continue throughout the rest of the grow as necessary.

Day 160 Day 90 of Flower GDP: Start Flush today and Harvest on Friday. She is looking good. Can't wait!!!

Day 161 Day 91 of Flower: Began flush this morning right after data collection. I expect to start harvest next Friday or Saturday. She is looking good. Fat hard colas, pretty good smell, glistening with trichromes, a bit sticky, in other words she is ready.

Congratulations man, what a fantastic grow. Seems like just yesterday she was this little plant growing into your cross wires Those colas look fantastic :drool:

Day 162 Day 92 of Flower: Flushed yesterday afternoon and refilled with RO water. pH was 6.35 this morning so I adjusted it down. will check where it settled out later this morning. PPM was 125. I may do another flush and fill later this week just to try to extract as much garbage out of the plant before harvest.

Day 164 day 94 of Flower: 2-3 days till I start harvest. Flushed again last night. PPM is 62 this morning and pH was 6.2 Added 2.5ml pH down. May change out water again before I'm finished .... now that I have an RO water system, I'm much less worried about how much water IO use .... its always available and now that I've bought the system the running costs are minimal.

My mouth is already watering!!!

Day 165 Day 95 of Flower: One more day til I start harvest. Looking forward to getting finished!! pH is 5.98 and PPM is 53 looking good for harvest.

Day 166 Day 96 of Flower:

Its's finally here. Harvest day. This will be the last day of data for the girl. I will, however, be reporting on the harvest and its subsequent drying for a while. I may post some more pics later. I will also post my last Data Dump for this Grow later today. Finally, I am going to enter my girl in the Plant of the Month contest. Don't expect to win, but I do want to share my girl with the world.

That's at least 500g. My guess is 625g.

Based on my past experience I almost always get between 20 and 25% yield (yield is defined as dry weight/wet weight). That means 192-248g expected from the first days harvest. I'm expecting a bunch yet to be harvested ending up with 18-30 oz dry (~500-800 g dry)

That's at least 500g. My guess is 625g.
I agree. You are close LKABudman. It may be a bit more than 625. My guess is 25 oz (700g).

Gwhunran if I only got 300 out of the whole plant, I would be disappointed. I haven't gotten less than 1 oz per square foot of grow chamber area in a few years. I have gotten 2 oz or a little more per square foot a couple times but usually I'm just a bit under that rate.

I haven't weighed cured grows since the 1st or 2nd grow. I figure I end up with about a third of the wet weight. I go by quart jars. :yummy: They start out about 3/4 full and end up 1/2 full by the end of the year without any being removed.:hmmmm:

Day 168 Day 2 of Harvest: Still a lot more to go. Was a little slow today, had yardwork and stuff to get done so less time trimming. Still looking good so far.

Day 2: 390g Wet dries to ~82g (2.93oz)

Total so far: wet weight - 1302g dry wt estimate 274g (9.79 oz)

Day 169 Day 3 of Harvest:

Day 3: 248g Wet dries to ~52g (1.86oz)

Total so far: wet weight - 1550g dry wt estimate 326g (11.62 oz)

Back
Top Bottom