PakaloloHawaii's LED High Brix Garden

Inspiring thread Tav!

I lived in Kaneohe for 12 years, but never grew indoor cuz I thought my climate and soil were incredible (everything just exploded). However, your plants appear to be FAR beyond what I or anyone else I knew in Hawaii ever grew. Great job.

Btw I've currently got my first batch of HB soil in the oven and can't wait to begin! I know it's gonna take some work getting the climate to behave 24/7, but the watering/drenches/sprays from docs kit are something that I'm actually looking forward to. Glad to finally put the chems down...

Inspiring thread Tav!

I lived in Kaneohe for 12 years, but never grew indoor cuz I thought my climate and soil were incredible (everything just exploded). However, your plants appear to be FAR beyond what I or anyone else I knew in Hawaii ever grew. Great job.

Btw I've currently got my first batch of HB soil in the oven and can't wait to begin! I know it's gonna take some work getting the climate to behave 24/7, but the watering/drenches/sprays from docs kit are something that I'm actually looking forward to. Glad to finally put the chems down...

Aloha braddah!

2 different phenos of Ms. U Jack, and a Kimbo Kush that was flipped on 12/18 and is showing AMAZING resin production. Fak me my clones of them got eaten by my very live soil (dirt clone). I've taken another, but only one as I didn't have to many extra branches. And it's starting to flower. I really need it to root! I'm flowering out a kimbo male and I'll hit this girl to make some F2s as a backup. Some other plants doing well but need some new pics. Enjoy!

image17217.jpg
image17218.jpg
image17219.jpg

Yea I saw that Doc has 2x 1200s over one tray of 6 plants?! I should of raised this question in his thread. : /

Incidentally, since I had to repair a few cold solder joints inside both units (I blame UPS), with the cases open, I installed simple relays on the 'bloom' switches. This will let me automate them separately from veg mode in case the light is too much. My thought behind this is that I may try to simulate sunrise / sunset. I won't personally know what is too much light for about a month, so I figured I'd ask here.

To the naked eye, they appear worlds brighter than any 1000watt HPS I've ever run.

tavoso i have 3 600's and a 4x8 tent thats is 7 feet tall i wanted to know if i should use 2 or all 3 in the tent? I also wanted to know how many plants should i use per light and what height should they be from the plant in veg & flowering i will be growing in promix and 5 gallon pots not sure what nutes im going to use yet tho any help would be greatly appreciated.

tavoso i have 3 p600's and a 4x8 tent thats is 7 feet tall i wanted to know if i should use 2 or all 3 in the tent? I also wanted to know how many plants should i use per light and what height should they be from the plant in veg & flowering i will be growing in promix and 5 gallon pots not sure what nutes im going to use yet tho any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use all three lights. Look into using docs kit, and 10 gal pots. I'd do 8 nice and spread out plants in that tent. 5 gal pots, as many as will fit.

Use all three lights. Look into using docs kit, and 10 gal pots. I'd do 8 nice and spread out plants in that tent. 5 gal pots, as many as will fit.

Thanks for your response it's greatly appreciated, I'm able to have 12 plants total I'm getting some clones in a few days this is my 1st grow ever. How many lights should i use during veg and how long should i veg my plants? Can I buy a pre made docs kit or do I make it myself? Sorry for all the questions I would've inboxed u but it said I need at least 50 post!!#

Tavosvo sorry homie lol but I got 2 more questions what light timer do u recommend and what height should i have my lights in veg & flower sorry man just a newbie anxious to get started and have a great grow and quality bud appreciate the help!!!

Tavosvo sorry homie lol but I got 2 more questions what light timer do u recommend and what height should i have my lights in veg & flower sorry man just a newbie anxious to get started and have a great grow and quality bud appreciate the help!!!

Need to mix his amendment pack into a bale or promix HP or sunshine 4. It takes a month to cook but there are ways to get your plants going in the meantime. I would highly recommend taking the extra efforts to use docs kit. Please look for his "in the lab" thread and drop him a line. As for lights, I would use only as many panels as needed for adequate coverage. If you are growing less than 12 plants and they are all small clones now, then one 600 is more than enough. Run it on veg setting. I have a 300 30" inches from my plants and they at doing just fine. I'm sure I could get a bit closer but the 300 covers my 3x3 perfectly when hung all the way up and my plants are growing just fine.

My advice I offer all new growers is do your best to make a perfect environment!

^ This is great advise. There is no easier way to grow fantastic buds than Docs kit, especially if you don't know what your doing yet. Most people think I will do a "normal easy grow" first and then maybe try it but the reality is the normal easy grow will most likely be problematic at best and a total waste of time at worst and Docs kit is the real true easy way to grow great buds. I wasted a good 4 months because I didn't want to wait a month for his kit to cook and ended up throwing it all out and starting over because it wasn't even close to what I was getting at the dispensary. Now that I have high brix buds nothing at the dispensary even comes close and I haven't been back since :)

Not saying you cant grow great buds with other methods it just requires a lot more knowledge and experience to get everything right on your own. Anyone that can setup a good environment and follow some simple directions can grow fantastic bud with Docs kit, I am still a newb and couldn't grow a proper non HB plant to save my life without a ton of research but I can crank out the best buds I have had in 20 years of smoking consistently with the kit. Ok ok enough preaching :)

Wait ok sorry one more thing (I tend to ramble when im stoned) Docs kit also happens to be incredibly affordable and is significantly cheaper then when I was buying fox farm soil and advanced nutes in the past. :yahoo:

GL with what ever you decide :thumb:

I just don't want to see people make the same mistake I did especially if they are holding off because they think its more difficult or they're in a hurry to get a good crop. Not going HB from the start cost me at least $3,000 in wasted gear, nutes and dispensary purchases plus 4 months of time not smoking as good of herb as I could of been :(

doing just fine. I'm sure I could get a bit closer but the 300 covers my 3x3 perfectly when hung all the way up and my plants are growing just fine.

Tavosvo u are the man homie do I just drop him a line to purchase the amendment pack or is it a link I purchase it from you and the homie smokey has convinced me there is no other way high brix it is for me. Do u think I could pull at least 2lbs out
With 8-12 plants with this setup & 3 p600's?

I just don't want to see people make the same mistake I did especially if they are holding off because they think its more difficult or they're in a hurry to get a good crop. Not going HB from the start cost me at least $3,000 in wasted gear, nutes and dispensary purchases plus 4 months of time not smoking as good of herb as I could of been :(

Smokey no homie i greatly appreciate your input to I'm going hybrix for all the reasons u listed I don't Wana spends months & money all for nothing so yea it's high brix 4 me thanks alot homey now I just need to find the pack lol

Smokey no homie i greatly appreciate your input to I'm going hybrix for all the reasons u listed I don't Wana spends months & money all for nothing so yea it's high brix 4 me thanks alot homey now I just need to find the pack lol

Awesome, you wont regret it!

Since you cant pm Doc yet you can post in High Brix Q&A With Pictures and tell him you would like a kit and are unable to pm him yet. He is super responsive and will pm you his email address and you can go from there.

You should have no problems pulling 2 pounds of out 4x8 with that many watts. If you grow 12 plants you would only need a little over 2.5 oz per plant 8 plants would be 4oz per plant. That is very doable with most strains, I expect to get 6-8oz probably more off my blue dream I have going now but she was vegged for 2 months and takes up almost 3x3' of space. 8 nice sized plants fit into a 4x8 nicely 12 might be a bit tight depending on training, strain and veg times.

Do yourself one more favor and get some kind of root building pots (smart pots air pots w/e you like they all work) that hold at least a true 5 gallons of soil, most are advertised as 7gal equivalent. They really work as advertised and make it almost impossible to overwater. :thumb:

What strains are you going to grow, veg times, yields and space requirements vary based on strain. I tend to veg a long time and only flower two plants at a time because we have jacked up laws here but maybe Tav has a better idea about how many plants you should run for your space and goals. :)

Edit I just noticed he already recommended 8 plants in 10gal pots, sounds perfect to me :thumb: :)

If I'm trying to pull any sort of weight, 10g is the absolute minimum for me. Because few bigger plants is much easier, I recommend that. You'll need two, maybe three bales of promix (which you will love and nurture and use many times over) and two or three kits accordingly. If you have access to good clones, vegging 8 of them out in 2 or 3 gallon fabric pots, then flowering them out in 15g fabrics would be the ultimate use of your space. 8 10s would be nice but lots of wasted floor space. With high brix more root space is always better. Smallish plants in big pots can be so ridiculously healthy!

Awesome, you wont regret it!
Since you cant pm Doc yet you can post in High Brix Q&A With Pictures and tell him you would like a kit and are unable to pm him yet. He is super responsive and will pm you his email address and you can go from there.

You should have no problems pulling 2 pounds of out 4x8 with that many watts. If you grow 12 plants you would only need a little over 2.5 oz per plant 8 plants would be 4oz per plant. That is very doable with most strains, I expect to get 6-8oz probably more off my blue dream I have going now but she was vegged for 2 months and takes up almost 3x3' of space. 8 nice sized plants fit into a 4x8 nicely 12 might be a bit tight depending on training, strain and veg times.

Do yourself one more favor and get some kind of root building pots (smart pots air pots w/e you like they all work) that hold at least a true 5 gallons of soil, most are advertised as 7gal equivalent. They really work as advertised and make it almost impossible to overwater. :thumb:

What strains are you going to grow, veg times, yields and space requirements vary based on strain. I tend to veg a long time and only flower two plants at a time because we have jacked up laws here but maybe Tav has a better idea about how many plants you should run for your space and goals. :)

Edit I just noticed he already recommended 8 plants in 10gal pots, sounds perfect to me :thumb: :)

Man you and tav are the man I appreciate all the help I can get especially from ppl who have experience with led's. I'm growing some headband kush blue dream (if I can find it) sensi star
Purple elephant maybe OG 18 (if I can find it) bubba kush grape god & thinking bout some northern lights plum tasty and Alaska thunderfuck

If I'm trying to pull any sort of weight, 10g is the absolute minimum for me. Because few bigger plants is much easier, I recommend that. You'll need two, maybe three bales of promix (which you will love and nurture and use many times over) and two or three kits accordingly. If you have access to good clones, vegging 8 of them out in 2 or 3 gallon fabric pots, then flowering them out in 15g fabrics would be the ultimate use of your space. 8 10s would be nice but lots of wasted floor space. With high brix more root space is always better. Smallish plants in big pots can be so ridiculously healthy!

So don't go with 5-10 gallons pots use 8 15 gallon pots? What type of pots do u recommend will grow bags with air holes work? How far should my 3 lights be spread out from each other and what type of light timer should i get? I'm sure I will need a fan during flowering for the smell which fan would u recommend without breaking the bank appreciate the help from u & the homie smokey

Back
Top Bottom