I have felt the same way until recently. A buddy and I have been sneaking on for 9 holes several times in recent weeks. I figured I wouldn't even keep score just get high and have fun. To my chagrin I played well for the most part. We played a full 18 and I got high before and shoot and had decent front and got tired on back and sucked. Next time I played 18 I got high several times after 9 and played my handicap. My short game is a little worse and my long game is better high...
my long game is better high...
I'll bet it slows your swing down a bit and that is usually helpful for the long game! :Rasta:

keep it under the radar and making infusions takes a bit of time puts a bit of smell in the air
Understatement of the year! Nobody (especially my dear wife) likes that smell but me around here and you can about smell it down the street...luckily I am old and have told my family to lovingly F off, I'm the boss of the universe. Plus I've been married 30+ years...I can't get laid any less ;D

I'll bet it slows your swing down a bit and that is usually helpful for the long game! :Rasta:
I think it allows me to swing away without anxiousness. I have to focus and concentrate on power and club placement when putting or chipping. One too many things to think about when I'm stoned I think. I lose a few shoots on the short game but make it up on the drive and fairway shots. CBD... I got to try it soon. My next experiment. It's exact opposite when I'm straight. The short game is usually the strongest part of my game.

The ferment is now at the 9 day mark and has started to change...
20210226_123635.jpg

There is now a white mold that is growing on the top.

I did a little research and found it's normal. Here is the tid bit I found...

After 7-14 days your Fermented Plant Juice will be ready, you may see mold/fungus on the top, so long as it's white and healthy looking that's fine - Discard if Black or angry looking. It should have some odour, but not unpleasant - Sweet/vinegary/slightly alcoholic is fine, if it smells bad, again, discard it.

...I haven't stuck my nose in to check the odor. The mold is white and "happy looking"(?); sure. ;)

20210226_123644.jpg

The fluid hasn't changed much. In 5 more days I will strain it. I want the most I can get out of it. Then again, perhaps I want to hit the middle of the window rather than skirt along the edges. I will strain it later today and maybe get a chicken pic near the compost when I throw the mass in there.

The ferment is now at the 9 day mark and has started to change...
20210226_123635.jpg

There is now a white mold that is growing on the top.

I did a little research and found it's normal. Here is the tid bit I found...

After 7-14 days your Fermented Plant Juice will be ready, you may see mold/fungus on the top, so long as it's white and healthy looking that's fine - Discard if Black or angry looking. It should have some odour, but not unpleasant - Sweet/vinegary/slightly alcoholic is fine, if it smells bad, again, discard it.

...I haven't stuck my nose in to check the odor. The mold is white and "happy looking"(?); sure. ;)

20210226_123644.jpg

The fluid hasn't changed much. In 5 more days I will strain it. I want the most I can get out of it. Then again, perhaps I want to hit the middle of the window rather than skirt along the edges. I will strain it later today and maybe get a chicken pic near the compost when I throw the mass in th

Have you got a good photo of the mold?

It just appears to be on the surface. Kind of like the moisture has to be just right. Mold(s) spread by spores, so i think they need roots in moisture and heads above moisture to keep the spores dry and spreading.

Cool. It's all new to me. But I'm learning. I've been jotting down notes from yours and nuttys thread. So my next run is totally organic. The steamed vegetables I normally use to grow, didn't exactly give me fast growth. But I know why now. Thanks to you and the prof.

Nah @Squiggle, this whole process is new to me as well. I am trying to get away from the bottle.

I used to source my All Purpose 2-2-2 (Kellogg's fish, kelp & molasses) from Home Depot. That stuff is great for hardware store ferts. They ran out last year. I was totally upset. So I had started searching for a new fert and ran across Dr. Earth's "pump'n'grow". I smelled it (I always do) and found it had a vinegary smell.

I was curious about the inputs, as with every fert I use, and I saw it said "pre-digested food"...or something like that. I was curious what that predigested junk was and how did they do it.

Then i ran across a home made fish emulsion recipe, which I still need to redo...(gummies first)...and I read it was called FAA, Fish Amino Acid.

Then connected to that whole fish amino amd predigested food, I stumbled upon Korean Natural Farming. It's not new. Its not hype. It's using nature to feed our plants. Given my going more and more the edible route, I am totally concerned with exactly WHAT I am putting in my body.

It is all new to me, so as a fearful newbie doing this, I am documenting as well through the eyes of a newbie.

Through the searching for ferments, you will also find that these people are just putting simple fruits and vegetables in to a bucket and coating with jaggery/brown sugar and letting the juices be extracted...and it gets used for flowering.

I got egg shells being saved, i will be dissolving in vinegar for a water soluable Cal supplement. Vinegar...that will whack out the pH, so like Nutty mentions, a pH pen is going to prove invaluable through this whole expedition.

i am glad you decided to use a ph pen even organically , it make sense as teas get acidic if you keep throwing them in around 4.3 then your plant will get sick and the medium will stay in the danger zone,
making compost teas neutral lets you add ferments , your ferments should also be kept near your plants ,if indoor , save buying co2 bags , :thumb:
i got the mold on the dry dog food then topped up with lab and molasses, its breaking down more now

Through the searching for ferments, you will also find that these people are just putting simple fruits and vegetables in to a bucket and coating with jaggery/brown sugar and letting the juices be extracted...and it gets used for flowering.

I got egg shells being saved, i will be dissolving in vinegar for a water soluable Cal supplement. Vinegar...that will whack out the pH, so like Nutty mentions, a pH pen is going to prove invaluable through this whole expedition.
I got The Regenerative growers book the other day. That book is old school and in my opinion will be needed in not so distant generations for food farming. So futuristic at the same time. Thanks for putting me on to it!
So I see the mold on top is white, that's good. What does it smell like?
i am glad you decided to use a ph pen even organically , it make sense as teas get acidic if you keep throwing them in around 4.3 then your plant will get sick and the medium will stay in the danger zone,
making compost teas neutral lets you add ferments , your ferments should also be kept near your plants ,if indoor , save buying co2 bags , :thumb:
i got the mold on the dry dog food then topped up with lab and molasses, its breaking down more now
I shelved my ph pen until I saw my clones dying. They do so much better in ph 6.5 in my cups. So yeah, a way to see ph is necessary I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom