PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

I spent $125 USD on Amazon for everything I needed for 50 gallons of Subcool's supersoil, back a few years ago, plus the cost of 2 bags of good organic soil. Like Dankman said, I had enough leftovers to make at least another batch, and I have been adding back these raw components over the years to amend that soil and have kept it going for at least 6 years now. So lets see what my cost per grow for this soil has been, 3 grows per year for 6 years... for $125. That's pretty cheap.... Its still going strong too; using 30 gallons of it in my current grow.

It sounds like you and bobrown are in similar compositions because he gets his tested every so often and it's getting better the more it's used. That's awesome you got so many grows out of yours. What's your average now, like $9 per run, lol?

I spent $125 USD on Amazon for everything I needed for 50 gallons of Subcool's supersoil, back a few years ago, plus the cost of 2 bags of good organic soil. Like Dankman said, I had enough leftovers to make at least another batch, and I have been adding back these raw components over the years to amend that soil and have kept it going for at least 6 years now. So lets see what my cost per grow for this soil has been, 3 grows per year for 6 years... for $125. That's pretty cheap.... Its still going strong too; using 30 gallons of it in my current grow.
Hey Em when you reuse it do you just remove the rootball and ad reammendments

Hey Em when you reuse it do you just remove the rootball and ad reammendments
I have used the notill method several times, where I simply remove the main central core of the rootball and then plant my transplant right in that container to go to bloom a second time in that very same soil...
But usually the rootball and all that soil gets dumped in my compost bin, along with all the branches and leaves and debris from trimming and any throw away scraps from harvest. Once a year I have been adding back raw materials that first went into making the soil, and during grows and inbetween, any soil not being used is in that compost bin, cooking away. Nothing gets wasted, and as much plant material as possible is added right back into the system. A good active and living soil will make short work of this plant debris, and after a couple of weeks in the hot compost, it all turns right back into soil.

I have used the notill method several times, where I simply remove the main central core of the rootball and then plant my transplant right in that container to go to bloom a second time in that very same soil...
But usually the rootball and all that soil gets dumped in my compost bin, along with all the branches and leaves and debris from trimming and any throw away scraps from harvest. Once a year I have been adding back raw materials that first went into making the soil, and during grows and inbetween, any soil not being used is in that compost bin, cooking away. Nothing gets wasted, and as much plant material as possible is added right back into the system. A good active and living soil will make short work of this plant debris, and after a couple of weeks in the hot compost, it all turns right back into soil.
Do you reammend the ingredients. I'd assume some ewc and other goodies

Yeah I had thought about that. I plan to rerun the soil. It was costly up front but the soil can be used over and over. When I first started the process of trying to build a LOS I bought other amendments that wasn't in his recipe like Gro-Kashi as recommended by another member then Biochar etc. so I have over half of what I bought still left. Then I bought the Coots Mix too and I used FF Ocean forest and Malibu BU to use as part of the compost for each soil mix so it cost a bit but now I have it. Oh and I also got the Boggie Brew compost tea mix so I was out a little at first but now I have it and can use it over and over. That was my aim when I started mixing soil then I stumbled onto Docs page and seen the results they were having so I got it too, add that to buying a greenhouse and a tent carbon filter fan and lights and I spent a lot over the past three months

Do you reammend the ingredients. I'd assume some ewc and other goodies
I add several things just in the normal process of building my containers, which always have extra ewc mixed in with one layer, and actually a thin layer of just ewc. I also use vertical spikes of raw nutrient all throughout the containers, so all of this gets added back in, not just during the grow, but as I add this soil back into the compost pile to become reenergized super soil. I invite you to check out my grow journal before my current one, where I give all the details as to how I build my containers, which ultimately is how I am also amending my soil, except for the once a year regular addition of the core components.

I add several things just in the normal process of building my containers, which always have extra ewc mixed in with one layer, and actually a thin layer of just ewc. I also use vertical spikes of raw nutrient all throughout the containers, so all of this gets added back in, not just during the grow, but as I add this soil back into the compost pile to become reenergized super soil. I invite you to check out my grow journal before my current one, where I give all the details as to how I build my containers, which ultimately is how I am also amending my soil, except for the once a year regular addition of the core components.
I will go check out you old journal to get a better idea of how you do your soil Thanks

Hay PC how did the seedling Matt’s work out last night ?
It was late last night and I had already laid down for the night when I remembered I hadn't covered the plants so I ran out real quick and covered them up and tuck them in for the night I forgot about the matt but I will use it tonight. since it hasn't gotten below 32 they have been doing good with just the bubble wrap and a sheet covering them in the greenhouse but it will drop to below 32 at night real soon so I will need the matt for sure.

Since you asked for it...

From my wrist joint to the tip of my middle finger is 8".

You have some great genetics, PC. Can't wait to see them grow.

The mat helps keep those roots warm.

P.S. Congratulations on your nomination for MOTM.

Since you asked for it...

From my wrist joint to the tip of my middle finger is 8".

You have some great genetics, PC. Can't wait to see them grow.

The mat helps keep those roots warm.

P.S. Congratulations on your nomination for MOTM.
Wow some nice Frosty Nugs and Big ass colas Looking Good Alfornia Thanks for sharing it. It always motivates me to see such nice looking plants and bud :surf:

Before I started on 420mag I tried others like roolitup and didn't get many responses and other sites that didn't ever get a response. Here on 420mag I got a Bunch of responses so this is where I stay it feels like home and I have made some real friends, People who offer help quickly and with good advice. This site is much easier to navigate and has a great bunch of people making sure things run smoothly. I am hooked on this forum and look forward to checking my watched threads each day to learn and also socialize. This is a Great place and I am glad to be a member :peace:

If you can dim them, they should be fine. If not, I'd start with something more basic to save money on the electric bill as well as keep from burning the leaves. Increased distance would serve the same purpose.

Seedlings don't need a lot of lux.

Thanks ... I haven't read that article yet ...

So on the advice of the Great Gazoo I wrapped my girls in a nice little coat and I have a sheet to tuck them in tonight too
20191011_170416.jpg
20191011_170410.jpg
20191011_170356.jpg
20191011_170305.jpg
20191011_170242.jpg

Ummm ... you'll need to kid proof those plants now ... or the kids will pop all the bubbles ...

Maybe wrap the bubbles in cardboard ... but you'll need to protect the cardboard from the cat ...

Maybe wrap the cardboard in chicken wire ... but snakes can climb chicken wire ...

Maybe just put everything back into a fabric pot ...

Yep ... that should do it :)

Back
Top Bottom