PeeJay's Neophyte Breeding Adventure

It's good to hear your voice again PeeJay. Hadn't noticed how much I missed it until these posts. :blushsmile: It's going to be a joy to watch you work your magic in these plants. Ahhhh.... Let me get more comfortable over here in the shade.

It was good to see the Cheese topped - that one really likes to reach for the sky, no? :laughtwo:

It was good to see the Cheese topped - that one really likes to reach for the sky, no? :laughtwo:

Indeed. Here is a series of progression pictures. First, the family at 15 days on May 8th. They were started under close proximity CFLs and were nice tight babies. No idea who is who in this picture.

20150429_101700.jpg

I moved them outdoors around the 18th and they all went crazy reaching for the sky. In this next picture taken on the 27th the Sage n' Sour is on the left and the Cheese is between the two Darkstars. Everyone was topped after being outside for two days when I saw that they were going bonkers towards the sun. You can easily see the point they were topped at.

5-27two.jpg

The Cheese is not really the problem child. It's been branching nicely even if it is stretchy. The Sage 'n Sour just wants to go straight up and is not branching well.

In the next picture from June 8th everyone has been through another round of topping. The Cheese is at 12 o'clock. See how she is branching out? Cheese is flanked on the left and right by the two Darkstars. The Sage n' Sour is in the foreground. It's hard to tell from the picture but there isn't much in the way of branching going on with the Sage 'n Sour at all. CA215 did a couple of fantastic porta-scrogs with the Sage 'n Sour a while back. The aggressive stretch lent itself well to weaving in a screen before changing the light schedule. Not sure if he won POTM for the effort but I recall that he was at the very least a strong contender.

20150608_102040.jpg

I'm tempted to do all kinds of dumb things today like dragging all four out of the greenhouse so I can get illustrative whole plant pictures or bring them inside and putting them in the 4x4 tent to give a sense of scale to them that we can't really get from the greenhouse pictures. It's hot as hell though. Both me and the plants are better off not exerting ourselves in the heat. I would give them a little of the raspberry lemonade and vodka I'm sipping on while I sit in refrigerated air comfort but I doubt it would be good for them. :smokin:

Oh that I could join you PeeJay. I have the air-conditioned comfort, but no alcohol available here at hospice. Maybe compensate and have the rest of that baked bud. Yep, sounds like a plan. Done!

Hey, Dale woke up. Later guys. :love:

Nice pictures of the progression PeeJay.
You got me thinking on that amount of sunlight. I'm going to put a time lapse outside in the Haven and see just how much and how long those plants are getting actual sunlight. Could be the reason for the major stretch on the purple within a day of putting her out there.

Does your mom sew? Maybe she could sew the zippers back on that "scratch-n-dent" tent. LOL

Also, thanks for the Cramazon warning. I will be sure to never order anything that needs to be stealth shipping from them!

:circle-of-love:

Oh that I could join you PeeJay. I have the air-conditioned comfort, but no alcohol available here at hospice. Maybe compensate and have the rest of that baked bud. Yep, sounds like a plan. Done!

Hey, Dale woke up. Later guys. :love:

Sue, I wish the hospice was close. I'd drop off an iced raspberry lemonade with a short shot of vodka and a few droppers full of the glycerine tincture I made by soaking a qp of White Panther Nugs in vegetable glycerin in a dark cupboard for six months with periodic agitations. Then I decarboxilated it in a pressure cooker for 30 min like you would do canning vegetables. At my altitude the pressure cooker hits 238 degrees F which is ideal. I let it sit for a week after decarb and then strained it twice through four layers of cheesecloth. Most of this tincure has been gifted to a friend who has stage 4 melanoma and doesn't want to smoke. It has this amazing caramel herbal flavor and is just DELICIOUS! My friend loves it and turned me on to mixing it into cocktails. He likes a shot of chilled vodka with a couple of dropper-fulls in it. I must say, it is quite tasty! I have no idea why I thought of bringing you a raspberry lemonade to the hospice with a short shot of vodka in it Sue. I also considered if I was close to the hospice I would bring you a good sandwich, too.

I don't have much of the tasty tincture left... I broke some out and put it in my vodka raspberry lemonade and it is incredible!

20150620_144953.jpg

You got me thinking on that amount of sunlight. I'm going to put a time lapse outside in the Haven and see just how much and how long those plants are getting actual sunlight. Could be the reason for the major stretch on the purple within a day of putting her out there.

Does your mom sew? Maybe she could sew the zippers back on that "scratch-n-dent" tent. LOL

Also, thanks for the Cramazon warning. I will be sure to never order anything that needs to be stealth shipping from them!

:laughtwo: I think I mentioned the failing zippers a year ago, T. You were like, " Do you know how to sew? You can replace them with durable marine zippers!" Mom is not a competent sewer. Is one who does sewing spelled the same as as the place that poop goes when we flush the toilet? I have no idea... At any rate, Mom can't sew. She made my Sister a few frocks when she was little but that ended when Sis was in second grade and became fashion conscious. The child labor in Bangladesh produces stylish frocks in 1/10th the time my mother could back in the day. Do you watch John Oliver? The bit with Kathy Lee Gifford fawning over cheap sweat-shop clothing on the Today Show, given her Walmart clothing line scandal a few years back, is priceless!

Where Mom always shined when it came to grass-roots clothing production was knitting. She claims she learned how to knit quickly in the dark of the bomb shelter during the bitz on London. Knitting in the dark and listening to the bombs explode above was the perfect channel for her abundant nervous energy. She knitted me many ugly polyester sweaters while she sat by the fire when I was a kid. The rapid clack- clalack of the needles is indelibly etched in my mind as she rapidly produced sweaters that even Charlie Brown would be ashamed to wear. She would read a book at the same time as she counted stitches, no small feat. She doesn't knit much anymore. Bless her heart, she's old.

As she is expected to drastically reduce the amount of time she spends on her feet until after the upcoming surgery I've been trying to teach her how to drive Dad's old mobility scooter. It is infinetly more nerve racking than teaching a teen to drive. I embarrassed myself greatly last week while trying to dispel her fears by showing her how maneuverable and stable the scooter is. I bumped into a wall and put a gash into the paint. I dare not ask her to sew zippers into my pot house. She is already overwhelmed. Bless her heart, she's old and nervous.

All of this laughter is coming out in waves......
The result of a good humorous read from a dude who has my garage now smelling like a well used chicken coop that is also littered with the calcium smell of bones that still have some remnants of blood meal on them from some unfortunate species at the ground floor of a bat cave...and I don't mean the fictional character...I mean the ones who drop the stankiest form of nitrogen I've encountered.

My neighbor probably thinks I'm cooking up a nitrogen B*mb in there.

I'm a seamstress by necessity. Poor folks, couldn't buy new clothes for us...I learned to sew my own using hand me downs and material left overs from friends and relatives. I was actually quite good at it. :smokin:

Edit: And the Kathy Lee Gifford scandal...I remember it well. She tried her hardest to get us to believe she had no idea....I guess when she wrote the checks she just closed her mind....
and she thinks the public "forgets". Her tear jerker pleas to believe she was stunned did nothing for me. LOL

Oh PeeJay. I can't believe I'm laughing this hard!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ahhhh. Good one. *deep breath*

That was an excellent tutorial, done concisely and thoroughly PeeJay. I'm suitably impressed. I'll have to try it sometime, once I have things in swing. I want very much to explore oils and tinctures. You know, as a former MOTM I am lucky enough to own one of the coveted Magical Butter Machines. I keep forgetting it will also make oils and tinctures. Somehow your approach feels like it gives the time and respect this medicine deserves.

The treated lemonade sounded better than the sandwich, from our perspective. That's why you offered it first. See? Logic!

They're feeding me well at hospice. I don't think they're supposed to do so, but I practically live here now and I think they took pity on me. Nice people.

Oh PeeJay. I can't believe I'm laughing this hard!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ahhhh. Good one. *deep breath*

That was an excellent tutorial, done concisely and thoroughly PeeJay. I'm suitably impressed. I'll have to try it sometime, once I have things in swing. I want very much to explore oils and tinctures. You know, as a former MOTM I am lucky enough to own one of the coveted Magical Butter Machines. I keep forgetting it will also make oils and tinctures. Somehow your approach feels like it gives the time and respect this medicine deserves.

The treated lemonade sounded better than the sandwich, from our perspective. That's why you offered it first. See? Logic!

They're feeding me well at hospice. I don't think they're supposed to do so, but I practically live here now and I think they took pity on me. Nice people.

Sue, the very first thing I made in the Magical butter machine was a TON of tincture. :laughtwo: I actually converted a lot of that to the first oil I started on.
It was quite easy, just follow the recipe book. :)
Hope Dale is resting comfortably...and you as well.

Yes we are Canna. Thank you. It's almost like a vacation for me, no responsibility other than be here and they watch over me in the sweetest manner. :love:

I'm happy to hear that about the tincture/oil success with the machine. That's going to be my next area of focus. Just as soon as I can actually grow freely again and can prove an ability to harvest consistently. I have a couple people who could greatly benefit from oil.

Yes we are Canna. Thank you. It's almost like a vacation for me, no responsibility other than be here and they watch over me in the sweetest manner. :love:

.. and that just gave me an image flash of you tapping away, glancing up when they enter the room.

Little do they know that the sweet old woman is posting to her journal on the online pot-growing forum. :rofl: :;):

.. and that just gave me an image flash of you tapping away, glancing up when they enter the room.

Little do they know that the sweet old woman is posting to her journal on the online pot-growing forum. :rofl: :;):

No idea at all. Constantly on it too. Haha! Earbuds in, singing away as I type. They don't quite know what to think when all of a sudden I sing out something like "Boom, boom, boom, boom!" tapping away to the beat. Never was the " normal" one in the room. I think that's one of my charms. :battingeyelashes:

I'm tempted to do all kinds of dumb things today like dragging all four out of the greenhouse so I can get illustrative whole plant pictures or bring them inside and putting them in the 4x4 tent to give a sense of scale to them that we can't really get from the greenhouse pictures. It's hot as hell though. Both me and the plants are better off not exerting ourselves in the heat. I would give them a little of the raspberry lemonade and vodka I'm sipping on while I sit in refrigerated air comfort but I doubt it would be good for them. :smokin:

True story. Curiosity killed the cat. I wanted to see what the plants would look like in the 4x4 despite knowing that hauling them into the dark for even a few minutes would not do them any good, especially since the dry heat is stressful on them already. The pots were fairly light since this morning is watering day. So, I hauled them inside, fit them in the tent and snapped a few pictures. It was amazing how fast the lost their turgor.

After hauling them all back outside and uploading the pictures I saw Sue's post and Canna's. Snapped another picture of the tincture and had a few droppers. By the time I responded to the Sue and Canna I was practically nodding off. Truth be told, I did end up snoozing right in my desk chair and the pictures never got posted. I overdid it with the tincture...

Here's what things would look like in a 4x4:

From the top down, wall to wall. Sorry for the blurry shot but I was working quickly.

20150620_135450.jpg

From the side.

20150620_135316.jpg

Gray, here are isolated full plant shots of the Sage n' Sour and Cheese. You can see how the cheese is branching so nicely compared to the Sage n' Sour.

20150620_1355071.jpg

20150620_1355171.jpg

Perhaps. You have a pheno there that just wants to grow straight up. Let the top growth on the two new branches put out three nodes and top it again.

They'd fill that tent up nicely PeeJay.

Have Fella give it a good stir today. Pot up a two days before you leave so you can see that they've settled into the new soil before you go away. It would be better if you could let it cook for another week or two but it isn't going to do anything ugly to your babies if use it now. Canna went into the veg soil she mixed up after two or three days and the plants seem to like it just fine.

Back
Top Bottom