PeeJay's Prudent Home-Brewed Organic Soil - Outdoor Out of Sight Deck Grow

Ditto...

I popped by your journal, Butters. Nice plant! I grow in containers, and you are in the ground, so I don't have much to offer in the way of advice. I see Lester and Conradino are following your grow, and both are excellent growers.

Update:

I've been quite busy, so I haven't been on much. The plants are doing well. I did notice that they seemed a little off pace last Sunday. Since these plants have been in these containers for 12 weeks (they spent some time vegging in flower soil) I decided to clean them out with a bottom flush. I filled a big tub with RO water so that when I placed the containers in the tub the water came about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up the side of the container. Then I let them sit in the bath for about 15 minutes. I lifted the plants out of the water and let them drain well. Then I scratched a little Yum-worm castings-soil mix into the top of the soil and fed them about 2 quarts each of half strength fishy ferts (2-3-1.) They have also been getting a weekly foliar with the kelp.

The flush brought them back in line. Flowers development is picking up steam as the days continue to get shorter. I figure they have 6-7 weeks to go. Should be a good harvest.

If it weren't for the size of these plants and the extended time they have been in the same soil, I doubt the flush would have been necessary, or the fishy ferts. I can't say for sure if the plants are benefiting from the foliar, but they sure don't seem to mind it.

8-23_01updt.jpg

8-23_03udpt.jpg

8-23_02updt.jpg

8-23_04updt.jpg

8-23_05updt.jpg

Garden is looking top notch.

I did the first foliar ever (for me) with a alfalfa and kelp tea. They really seem to like it.
This round is gonna be really nice looking at harvest time I bet PeeJay!

Hi PeeJay!
:popcorn: subbed now, will need a little to get caught up, but I'll get there soon! Can't believe how late I am to this, I've seen some of your posts around here about soil, I'm going to learn lots from you I can tell :)

Here, better late than never - way better!

Things look very healthy! and I'm off to page 1

Looking really good PeeJay.

PJ is OK. Trust me...

Back
Top Bottom