Pennywise Strikes Again

I haven't grown too much of there gear, but there genetics seem legit so far. I also have a freebie Critical Cheese (the OGK was a freebie too) that I hope turns out well. I lost the Moby Dick seed, it cracked the surface and just fizzled. It happens sometimes. Last year I had a bird just pull up a seedling and leave it to die on top of the soil, didn't even eat it. There goes a 10-15 dollar feminized seed. Not something you have to deal with indoor, but it doesn't happen very often and it's just cost of business to PLAY.

Yeah it is... I was fairly recently humbled by some plants in the Oregon Idaho bordering area(reminded me of old days in Northern California) that she was hitting 7.5 elbows a plant with. I had to beat her in quality(Maybe?)... it definitely wasn't going to be in Quantity. I wish I had the space, but it JUST isn't the case. :laughtwo:

That's the goal for me too eventually, it's just so much easier to get BIG amounts outside that will last me and a few others a whole year or more.
I'm anticipating about 3 lbs from my 3 outdoor plants this season.

Outdoor is productive just too many variables.
That is what I see from Shed's outdoor grows. He seems to battle lots of bugs and fungi and god knows what. He gets great bud but it looks like a constant challenge. Knock on wood but so far indoors I haven't had any insects or rot etc. Indoor for Homer.

Bugs and critters can hardly be blamed but rippers and especially cops are a harder pill to swallow. Realistic attitude you have.

More info:

This style of grow light is becoming increasingly popular for indoor marijuana growers. When it comes to growing cannabis, what advantages do LEC grow lights have over traditional grow lights?
  • Ceramic metal halide lights produce UV-B rays, like the sun. This may be contributing to increased trichome development and smell in cannabis buds grown under LECs. However, UV-B rays get blocked by glass, so there needs to be a clear path between the plant and the light for this to be effective. Also always wear protective glasses that block UV light so you don’t damage your eyes!
  • LEC grow lights do not produce radio interference (which can interfere with AM radios and otherwise alert people to your grow)
  • LECs produce a natural spectrum of light that lets you see your plants in full color. Unlike grow lights which produce purple (LED) or yellow (HPS) light, the light from an LEC typically won’t distort the color of your plants. Not only is it just plain nice to be able to really see your garden in all its vibrancy, having natural colored light also makes it a lot easier to diagnose problems which can sometimes go unnoticed under unnatural colored grow lights. An LEC is also much less suspicious looking if light accidentally spills out a window. If given a choice for bulb color, I recommend getting “4200K” color bulbs as they give great results and let your see your plants the best.
  • Many LEC grow light models come with a built-in ballast which makes them “plug-and-play” (you plug the light directly into the wall) like an LED, as opposed to most HID grow lights which need a separate ballast
  • LEC bulbs last longer and keep their brightness for longer than regular MH grow lights, so bulbs don’t need to be replaced as often.
What disadvantages do LEC grow lights have over traditional grow lights?
  • Unfortunately, LEC grow lights don’t quite get the same yields as HPS grow lights of similar wattage when used as the primary light in the flowering stage. However, they do get significantly higher yields than a similar wattage Metal Halide bulb would get in the flowering stage, as well as all the added benefits as stated in this article!
  • Price – LEC grow lights have a pretty high initial cost, starting around $380 for the smallest size. However, the bulbs last far longer than a typical HPS bulb so you won’t need to buy anything else for several grows.
SOURCE
Great info. I was interested until I saw they don't compare well with harvest size verses the hps lamp. I'll take a little less gooey if I can get a bigger yield. I bet they would rock a grow as an add on light with an hps during flowering. It doesnt mention how hot they run. With ballast and bulb in same location I'd imagine heat an issue. Just a thought. Thanks for the info.

Nice. Sativa forward and full. Is that T5 underlighting? Tell us about the fishing in that lake. And what about those fat buds at the end. Lots of questions I guess.

...no, those are 17 watt led tubes that are t8 equivalent...I use them during veg, and just leave them on cause they don't use much juice...that's the big lake they call Gitchigumi...laketrout, steelhead, salmon are mostly what's fished for round here...commercially, herring and whitefish, although you can usually catch those with a rod thru' the ice...there are also walleye perch and spec's if Ya' drive a bit to put the boat in...those big buds are the end of a forever flowering KillerA5 haze sativa...a tremendous strain from Ace Seeds...my first ever #plus plant...18 zips of pure sativa goodness...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...

It’s a small heater that you place pure Sulphur in. The heater melts and atomizes the Sulphur which coats the leaves. PM and Bugs die and the plants love it.
Interesting. I just goggled it. Learned something. Do you think this needs to be in a sealed grow? My greenhouse is fairly wife open with the sides up but for those kind of benefits I'd be willing to roll down the sides once a week. Would not be sealed by any means but it would be a low draft area. Good info

It doesnt mention how hot they run. With ballast and bulb in same location I'd imagine heat an issue.
@cr8grow runs these I believe so he may be able to comment re the heat. I'm guessing it's very close to running a HID bulb unless the ballast runs really hot. I know the digital one I use puts out little heat for what it's doing.

...no, those are 17 watt led tubes that are t8 equivalent...I use them during veg, and just leave them on cause they don't use much juice...that's the big lake they call Gitchigumi...laketrout, steelhead, salmon are mostly what's fished for round here...commercially, herring and whitefish, although you can usually catch those with a rod thru' the ice...there are also walleye perch and spec's if Ya' drive a bit to put the boat in...those big buds are the end of a forever flowering KillerA5 haze sativa...a tremendous strain from Ace Seeds...my first ever #plus plant...18 zips of pure sativa goodness...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:...
I am dying to run some K A5 Haze right after the Big Nevilles Haze grow. Then I will have some really good Sativas in my personal stash

Back
Top Bottom