Pigeons420 Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

re: Rex Pigeons Flies the Coop & Goes Perpetual in 2015

When you speak Weasel I listen, your blathering is always welcome, I'm not going to tell you again :high-five::)

You bring up some great questions so, I think it's only fair that I put down my phone and take this to the key board. :rofl:

I love the size of my room, but at this very moment I am not capitalizing on the full space. As you can see there is a lot of room for some more girls. This was my primary motivation to plant 15 some seeds and get something on the go. I'm running HPS and Metal Halide in the grow room so, I'm thinking was these two girls are out of there I can briefly use it as a veg room.
I'm just not sure if that's going to set me back on my supply of medication. If I use the grow room for veg, that means I wont have anything harvesting for another 10 or so weeks and that's a bit of a problem. I require a lot of medication a day to keep me functioning and to have a lull in harvest could hurt. However, I often have to remind myself, that this is my first attempt at a perpetual grow and who's going to get it right the first time? :rofl:
I do have a couple game plans that I've considered so, as usual, I'll take it day by day.

FLUSHING

Although, I have changed a few things from harvest to harvest, the process is generally the same thing.
I quit nutrients at week 8 according to Green Planets Ultimate Feed Guide. As usual, the girls aren't quite finished at this point. So, based on what I see, I will either water her or flush her. As I see now on the Bomb, I'm looking for more milky, few clear and the occasional amber trichomes. This tells me that she's ready to flush.
On a brief side note, I'm also looking for the pistils of the bud to stop reaching for the sky and start to curl. Many people say that you can't tell whether your herb is ready by the hairs. Maybe this is true if you're just using the hairs to tell. But if you're looking at both the trichomes and the hairs you should find a nice happy medium of curled hairs to milky/amber trichomes.
Now where was I? Yes, what do the trichomes look like after flush. After the flush, which doesn't always have a set date as to when I'm done. (I've flushed for 4 weeks while my girl finished up. Don't ask me how. But, typically anywhere between 2 maybe 3 weeks flush.)
The trichomes will now have very few clear, almost all milky with about 10% amber trichomes. When looking in my microscope I take a few peaks through it and count the trichomes and take a general reading from there.

For the first week of the flush I can probably do it twice. Say Monday and Thursday. Taking readings from the run off water with my PPM meter. I put through approximately 5-7 gallons of water every flush, based on a 5 gallon pot. The readings at first will be quite high, somewhere around 900-1200 PPM. That's good for the first day. On the Thursday I will do it again and the PPM should be somewhere at 300-600 PPM mark. I let her dry out real good before the next flush on the following week maybe towards the end of the 9th week.
The 10th/last week of flush will be done with RO water with a PPM of less than 20. Typically about 10 gallons. Taking readings and trying to get the runoff water less than 60 PPM.

After all flushing is complete I let her dry out completely before harvest. I hope that answers your question :)

Hi Everyone

Apologies for stepping into your thread, Pigeons420, but we would like to comment and clarify concerning the recent moderation discussion.

Firstly I would say that we are happy to discuss any of our Guidelines. Every one of them is there for a good reason. If you have an issue or if anything is unclear, please just PM a Moderator and we'll get right back to you. In-thread discussions almost always end in negative energy which we are at pains to avoid on this website.

To address the points made here:
The only reason I put up with the over moderation is because of people like you that I enjoy talking with.
It is because of our moderation that 420 Magazine is full of good people. Being the first cannabis forum, we've had 22 years of experience to get the recipe right. Less moderation would mean fewer nice folk and many more trolls, spammers and trouble-makers who drive away the good guys. That's just a fact.

I do appreciate them keeping the mods at bay but I think there is too much censoring in the name of corporations.
The moderation is not "in the name of corporations" - it is because of corporations. If corporations would stop spamming our forums pretending to be regular members, then we would not have this protocol.

Do you think my mentioning the brand of leds I use will hurt Mars hydro sales?
No, of course it won't. What it would be is the thin edge of the wedge. We have to moderate the non-sponsored talk particularly when it involves grow lighting. The LED market draws the most spammers from re-sellers and their sponsored growers trying to sidestep advertising to promote their products to put money from our members into the pockets of non-sponsors and out of our sponsors pockets who pay to advertise here. The companies even train the growers to advertise in all forums, in exchange for free lights, so in essence they are being paid by those non-sponsors to spam us under radar as regular members. How in the world are we ever to tell the difference between innocent and guilty? It's generally not possible so we take the reasonable path and treat everyone equally. Again, it's unfortunate that a few bad seeds have to spoil the fun for everyone, however place blame on them, not us.

I do believe the Mod's did a poor job during the contest controversy a couple of months ago.
We believe we get it right for most members, most of the time. However, when we do get it wrong or ill-express ourselves because of time pressures and workload - and believe me, there's plenty of both back here - we apologise. We are only human.

If I may add a personal note. I personally have been moderating here for around 6 months and have been astonished at how much work goes on - you'll have to take my word for it, but there's so much bad stuff from the troublesome and uncontrollable internet that most members never get to see. It's because we've got the best cannabis forum with the finest, most mature and thoughtful members that companies want to grab a free piece of the pie. We're a victim of our own success. And that's fine.

I can assure you that our work is motivated not by profit but by belief in our cause. If you have any experience of other forums, you would see sites that are solely financially motivated with resultant scrappy forums, immature behaviour and a free-for-all for trolls. If we adopted those laissez-faire policies we could actually increase our income significantly because we'd have many more members. But we champion quality not quantity.

I hope that clarifies matters for you. If you do have any further questions, please do not raise them here. As I said above, just drop us a PM. :thanks:

Now back to Pigeons420 to resume normal service. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Greenest Regards to you all!

The 420 Moderation Team
:Namaste:

Hi Teddy!
PM sent.
:high-five:

teddys, words,,

If we adopted those laissez-faire policies we could actually ,,,,

my words,,,

:cheer:,,:high-five:

anyone that can make a sentence like that is ok in my books,, cheers ted,,

Preparing an update. Just need to get the bong packed and the medication flowing through my veins!

"Batman, to the bong"

image30533.jpg

errr... To the BatBong, Robin! Puff! Biff! POW!

***Monday Update***

Good Day Everyone!

I had an amazing weekend. My wife and I celebrated the marriage of a close couple. The weather was perfect and everything worked out beautifully. I was asked to give a speech on behalf of the groom and the groomsman. I was extremely nervous the whole time before. We had been drinking since the day before and I really didn't want to mess it up. But, everything went great. I was told the speech was perfect and that I'd done a fantastic job. So, I'm pleased to say I didn't make an ass of myself. :rofl:
While I was gone it was the first test in a long time that I was forced to leave the grow rooms unattended. I've left them for the day but never a weekend. I spent the entire week last week running tests, taking measurements and recording water consumption so I could be sure I could get everything to tick along nicely. And everything looked great Sunday afternoon when I got home and checked. That's Friday at noon until Sunday at 3 without my attention. :slide::party:

The girls look HUGE. Maybe I should consider not checking on them 1000 times a day :rofl: yea right!

GROW ROOM

MATARO BLUE(week 9)

Showing signs of the end of flower, Mataro is really yellowing out. As she approaches harvest she is only drinking water. I have a "Finisher" product with Green Planet Nutrients and I've used it on the last three harvests and I am thrilled with the taste and smoothness of every harvest. So naturally I'm not going to use it on these two harvests and compare. I'm sure they'll still be stellar but I would like to compare the results.
Her smell is SO good! I can't get over the way she stinks up the room. After shes watered she stinks, if you move her she stinks haha

image30507.jpg

image30508.jpg

image30510.jpg

image30512.jpg

image30513.jpg

FLOWER BOMB KUSH(week 9)

She is sure showing signs of deficiency following her flush last week. She is getting pretty dried out as well, so I will be giving her another flush tomorrow. With everything she is showing me, she will only get 2 flushes and I can probably expect to harvest sometime on the weekend or maybe Monday.

image30515.jpg

image30516.jpg

image30541.jpg

image30542.jpg

VEG ROOM

Like I said earlier, I cant believe how much they've grown since Friday. I also want to note that every single feminized seed looks so much happier and healthier then every single regular seed. I don't know if this is something that I could be responsible for or whether it's genetics. But none the less everything is coming along nicely. And I've decided it's time for me to introduce these plants by name. So, I hope you can read it but the names are on the front of the pot.

JACK HERER

image30523.jpg

image30525.jpg

SUPER HAZE

She is a bit twisted because of the nutrients I gave her. She was smaller then the rest and I decided to give her a little something and she didn't respond will to it. So, she will be treated separately from now on.
It's one of those lessons I will learn running multiple strains. I can't treat them equally all the time. Glad I learned this early on.

image30518.jpg

image30519.jpg

ORKA

image30528.jpg

image30530.jpg

TOP DAWG

image30520.jpg

image30522.jpg

8 BALL KUSH

image30527.jpg

image30543.jpg

Well, That's another journey through my garden. I would like to remind everyone to head down to the contests this month because I am honoured to announce that I have been nominated for Member of the Month. I am up there with some incredible members of this magazine and folks that I have found great friends in. So, please do us all a favour and head down there and make it a contest!

With love,

Thanks for the reminder!
I'm off to vote...

Plants looking great man, I voted for ya.

Thanks Canad!! Means a lot.

Good stuff going on here I'll be watching from the sidelines ...

With your talent, I'll take you watching from anywhere, my man!

Fabulous Update. Glad the wedding went smoothly. So nice of Batman to clear his busy schedule to help make your posts so memorable. :rofl:

I've actually been leaving my plants alone for the most part, but I confess, I'm looking forward to the time when the training begins. It'll require me to check on them personally at least 4 times a day. :yahoo: Having the closet right here in the living room spoils me. :laughtwo:

That Mataro Blue is stunning. She looks to be a decent yield too. Way to go Pigeons. :high-five:

:thumb::goodjob:

Awe thanks girl!

I can't wait for your training to begin! You're not going to look back after you realize 6ounces a plant is achievable. I'm still left jaw to the floor every time I harvest and see such beautiful numbers.

With that said, Mataro blue is beautiful to watch. Cannabis is a beautiful plant and had I not taken this trip with her I don't think I would have truly appreciated her being.

Thanks for taking the walk with me :love:

Back
Top Bottom