PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

Let’s see if that helps, may have to up your feed as well.
the other plants in the cube wool responded well to the light increase. its been few hours an i've not notice any sign of damage from the little girls. :Namaste:

I've been trying to get the temps on the res water to be around or below 18c/64f
I knew the idea @Buds Buddy had was amazing as here in bc its pretty cold outside. I'm sucking outside air with a 6" fan that was for my carbon filter right into the tent.
2020-11-18 17.24.22.jpg
2020-11-18 15.56.44.jpg
2020-11-18 17.27.26.jpg

With out holding the aluminum panel against the res and the fan on the low speed, the res water is showing 18c/64f. I'm sure if i speed up the fan and or put the aluminum sheet right against the res that it would bring the temps below 64f.

What should i try to aim for the res temp?
Anything colder then 15C can cause issues.

68 would be good, you want it cold enough to hinder bacteria and algae and cold water holds more oxygen than warm water.
i figured it should be around there. I keep the fish tanks at cold temps as well to reduce exactly what you said..

I was just going to ask! Thank you.
good to know. I'll keep watch cuz it can get really cold now.

I thought they might like it.
ya, thanks for that!! cuz i was taking it very easy. It also helped to bring that temp up a bit more without losing much RH

The girl on the right res is showing roots in the res now.

I give as much light as they’ll take, especially in flower. There are lux meters on the play store and the App Store. I think @InTheShed give you a conversion chart to convert Lux to PPFD.

farside did a comparison of app-based lux meters with a real one and it showed that app-based ones aren't even good for relative light levels, much less accuracy.

And I can't post any of the links to online lux-PPFD calculators because they're all on non-sponsor lighting websites, but a quick google search will turn them up. You will need to know the ºK of your lights though, as it makes a difference to the calculation.

Yeah you don't want to wake up to icicles.

imaging, waking up and the roots have become icebergs. :laughtwo:

I give as much light as they’ll take, especially in flower. There are lux meters on the play store and the App Store. I think @InTheShed give you a conversion chart to convert Lux to PPFD.
ya, in flower i had the sp3000 and the ts1000 just giving given it to them.

farside did a comparison of app-based lux meters with a real one and it showed that app-based ones aren't even good for relative light levels, much less accuracy.

And I can't post any of the links to online lux-PPFD calculators because they're all on non-sponsor lighting websites, but a quick google search will turn them up. You will need to know the ºK of your lights though, as it makes a difference to the calculation.
welcome shed!

sp3000 and the ts1000 is the lights i have with FC3000 soon to come. @Mars Hydro !:blunt:

i know this works but is it good enough?

2020-11-18 18.41.55.jpg

Back
Top Bottom