PK Perpetual Grow Journal 2020

I guess that's just pennywise :laughtwo: :laughtwo:
i am actually one of the lucky once i feel. I've got many good growers here, like yourself.
i guess depending on the grow they come and go and sometimes leave a comment. :Rasta:
Thats exactly right
Thats just Penny.

Oh, it's simple, you just need to put the pieces together.
i thought i did:hmmmm:

i saw your setup. pretty insane i must say. i noticed our air speed is almost the same. keep in count the size of the gallon you have vs mine but the style of the speed seemed the same. I know with lower temps bacteria and algae have less chance of survival.

I just can't figure or find proper information on plant leaching in hydroponic NOT soil

update: res temps at 18c

i thought i did:hmmmm:

i saw your setup. pretty insane i must say. i noticed our air speed is almost the same. keep in count the size of the gallon you have vs mine but the style of the speed seemed the same. I know with lower temps bacteria and algae have less chance of survival.

I just can't figure or find proper information on plant leaching in hydroponic NOT soil

update: res temps at 18c
Do you have the other 2 pages to the chart? That might help.

Next throw the chart away haha.

lol, what is the storey with that chart??

I dont have them. Scrogdawg had them i think. Been a while. Ive never used this chart, so it wasn't important to me
I take he is not long with us?

i gotta admit though. Your not any easier than Pennywise. I've been trying to figure what you would do and the only thing i got out of you is to throw the chart away. lol! :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

I take he is not long with us?

i gotta admit though. Your not any easier than Pennywise. I've been trying to figure what you would do and the only thing i got out of you is to throw the chart away. lol! :laughtwo: :laughtwo:
I haven't seen Scrogdawg in years. Maybe Penny has heard from him.

If you break it all down to the basics its not too terribly difficult...
Reliably cool water
Simple/stable nutrients nothing crazy!
The ability to know how strong your nutes are
A solid understanding of pH and how to fix it.
O2 disolved in the water close to 10PPMs
A good light
Fresh air coming in. An exhaust fan pulling it out
Control off RH. Not really required if you have a tolerant strain. But you'll get botrytis quick if your air isn't dry enough for some strains

I'm sure I missed something big, but thats about it. Put the pieces together, and give it all a direction. You're gonna make mistakes. Ive spent entire seasons trying to dig myself out of funky water fowl ups. Ive taken on more than I should have and fallen on my face. But its not the end of the world. If you can keep an aquarium you can grow DWC.
Make doubly sure your meters are accurate
Use the Z9 (i really think this is a big deal)
Top water till you have roots in the water

And, I dont believe the chart is doing you any favors. Its not teaching you anything that you will be able to use should you try another style of hydro. In my mind its having you sweat stupid shit, making your life much harder than it needs to be.

If you have pH issues fix them. If you need to feed your plants then feed them. Calmag is MUCH more important in hydro... watch the bottom leaves. Once the pieces fit and all is right in your world... enjoy it. Watch as your plant grow more than an inch a day. Dont get a wild hair and go aeroponic. Just let it be. Enjoy it.

Here's a video of my shed PK. Its not perfect, but it works for me
@Stltoed beautiful set up man just beautiful. did I hear you say that you push 300 gals a day through your babys?

I think the chart is for more important than you think. Several of us have used it for some big harvests. Probably the best thing about it is the consistency it gives you.

when do you know
I think the chart is for more important than you think. Several of us have used it for some big harvests. Probably the best thing about it is the consistency it gives you.
do you happen to have the other 2 pages?

I haven't seen Scrogdawg in years. Maybe Penny has heard from him.

If you break it all down to the basics its not too terribly difficult...
Reliably cool water
Simple/stable nutrients nothing crazy!
The ability to know how strong your nutes are
A solid understanding of pH and how to fix it.
O2 disolved in the water close to 10PPMs
A good light
Fresh air coming in. An exhaust fan pulling it out
Control off RH. Not really required if you have a tolerant strain. But you'll get botrytis quick if your air isn't dry enough for some strains

I'm sure I missed something big, but thats about it. Put the pieces together, and give it all a direction. You're gonna make mistakes. Ive spent entire seasons trying to dig myself out of funky water fowl ups. Ive taken on more than I should have and fallen on my face. But its not the end of the world. If you can keep an aquarium you can grow DWC.
Make doubly sure your meters are accurate
Use the Z9 (i really think this is a big deal)
Top water till you have roots in the water

And, I dont believe the chart is doing you any favors. Its not teaching you anything that you will be able to use should you try another style of hydro. In my mind its having you sweat stupid shit, making your life much harder than it needs to be.

If you have pH issues fix them. If you need to feed your plants then feed them. Calmag is MUCH more important in hydro... watch the bottom leaves. Once the pieces fit and all is right in your world... enjoy it. Watch as your plant grow more than an inch a day. Dont get a wild hair and go aeroponic. Just let it be. Enjoy it.
lol, that's the 2nd thing i got from you

Simple nutrient & Strength : Mega Crop \ more grams the stronger it gets
O2 dissolved: I don't get this?
a good light: TS 1000, SP3000 with FC3000 on its way
Fresh air in/out: I am grabbing fresh cold air from outside of the window and pushing it right to the tent where the res are. No exhaust as the tent door is open. Tent TEMPS/RH 24c/31%
USE Z9: to my understanding you use z9 when you do water change on the res
Top Water: I have the water level right by the pibbles. or right above the cup hole.

ph pen is the once i can adjust. Its the yellow once from amazon and i make my ph solution every week in a glass jar.
I've thought of bluelab but i needed my storage solution before dropping 250 dollars on ph/tds from bluelab
i don't have CalMag or silica but have heard this two go hand in hand on hydro? i am just not sure with MC

Won't be going with these girls to aeroponic as my tap water is very neutral

Quick update with some good news!!

The gorilla glue finially has stopped leaching. Last night reading was at 107ppm and so was this morning.
The ph obviously has drifted to 7, but the water has dropped from the marked line.

I've only adjusted the ph so far on both res

Back
Top Bottom