PotChimp's Side Projects

Thanks everybody.
When the world gets to me I try to reflect on things that give my heart peace. I think of sitting with a friend of mine in Newport Michigan I just can't remember where but there was a little bridge over the water and a church there we used to fish off shore never caught much but it was one of the few pleasant memories I have of my years there. We'd go to this boat launch in a park (?) I think it was in Rockwood but I don't remember exactly where that was either you'd go down this long curved road and it lead to a long turnaround. Hell, everywhere that held enough water we'd stop at, the power plant in Monroe, creeks wide enough, even the big ponds down I-275. No jobs, no hope of a future, knowing I was leaving pretty soon; it was a bad time for me. Those fishing trips took a lot of worry away, and as I mentioned before in the hardest of times I reflect back on those good memories. One of my life dreams was to come back there someday and do those fishing trips the right way; no worries, money in our pockets, maybe a grandkid or two there to enjoy. Peace. A wheel come full circle to me.
I haven't called him in about six months. So I decide to type his name in the box sitting at the computer a few days ago. He was only 51 years old. The last friend I had. The obituary said he died at home. I can't even put a word on this I think it's just emotions but it feels like illness I wouldn't wish it on the Devil. Tears don't do anything but get your face wet I hate it I hate it! I'm so sorry everyone I just don't have anywhere else to let this out.

Well ...

One truth is that the memories don't die. And we don't have much except this precise second, and the memories of all the other seconds. So ... nothing really changed.

Just some lost hope. I lose a little more hope every year - had to give up some significant hope a couple weeks ago - cried a lot myself.

The tendency of all things to fall apart, entropy, has increasing significance as one ages.
I lost my high school best friend in February - the guy I first smoked the herb with - hadn't spoken to him in years and now it's too late. C'est live. :confused: :bongrip:

:Namaste:

I'm sorry Graytail. We don't cry a lot at our age unless it's called for. Giving up significant hope about anything is life changing and not life changing in a good way, either. I get so caught up in my own stuff that I forget other people have big problems in life too. For at least this second I'll be okay, and hopefully you will too.
And thank you too.

All that I have to be thankful for, and I'm too damned stupid to see it right in front of me. If anything good comes out of these trials in life, it should be that. But the repeated epiphany of this never seems to last very long. I do remember for a few weeks to remind everybody how much they mean to me, but then I'm back to my old chimp self. Some of us have been communicating here with each other for years now. Thank you all for being a part of my life.

I better get that out before the feeling fades and I'm back to being the ornery bastard I usually am. :)

Carry on, ya ornery bastard. :passitleft:

Yeah, like you're special or sumpin - the only schmuck in the world with troubles. ;)

I just got real ornery with somebody on the phone :Namaste:
~ring, ring~
Chimp - Who is it?*
foreign accent - This is Ben Dover** from the IRS
Chimp - Who?
foreign accent - You are talking to Ben Dover from the IRS concerning court action being taken against you for failure to pay taxes.
Chimp - Okay, let's do this one more time. I'll slow it down enough so even a worthless piece of diseased human garbage like you can figure it out. Who are you really?
foreign accent - ~click~

* told ya I was ornery. I quit saying hello years ago!
** couldn't hear the name through the accent so I used our old buddy's.

My grandma described life as a series of losses that just get larger and more frequent as you get older. We gain some sort of magical powers too, weathering the storms. At least I hope we do because it's a bit rainy at my place right now too. Keep your head up Chimp. :passitleft:

Thanks Weaselcracker it's strange but I was thinking about the frequency thing earlier. Death of someone I know at this point in my life is happening at about one every two years.
I'm losing my sight memory and hearing probably my mind too it seems your Grandma described life right.
The ol' "Here, pull my finger!" trick is the only magic I got these days though; takes plenty Tah-co Belle to make it happen too, so I'm not sure about that part.....
Stay dry!

Thanks everybody.
When the world gets to me I try to reflect on things that give my heart peace. I think of sitting with a friend of mine in Newport Michigan I just can't remember where but there was a little bridge over the water and a church there we used to fish off shore never caught much but it was one of the few pleasant memories I have of my years there. We'd go to this boat launch in a park (?) I think it was in Rockwood but I don't remember exactly where that was either you'd go down this long curved road and it lead to a long turnaround. Hell, everywhere that held enough water we'd stop at, the power plant in Monroe, creeks wide enough, even the big ponds down I-275. No jobs, no hope of a future, knowing I was leaving pretty soon; it was a bad time for me. Those fishing trips took a lot of worry away, and as I mentioned before in the hardest of times I reflect back on those good memories. One of my life dreams was to come back there someday and do those fishing trips the right way; no worries, money in our pockets, maybe a grandkid or two there to enjoy. Peace. A wheel come full circle to me.
I haven't called him in about six months. So I decide to type his name in the box sitting at the computer a few days ago. He was only 51 years old. The last friend I had. The obituary said he died at home. I can't even put a word on this I think it's just emotions but it feels like illness I wouldn't wish it on the Devil. Tears don't do anything but get your face wet I hate it I hate it! I'm so sorry everyone I just don't have anywhere else to let this out.
Hey Chimp.....I know I don't know you from shit brother, but I feel ya. I don't know how old you are....I get the feeling a little older than me (46, 47 this summer) and I can relate brother. I have lost a lot of friends in the last 10 years...many of them from war and a good number from suicide from not being able to deal with the shit they saw and went through in deployments we did together. Hold those memories as long as you can. I find music helps to bring back the positives....but the sadness is never far away. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever just want to take your mind off that stuff.

All that I have to be thankful for, and I'm too damned stupid to see it right in front of me. If anything good comes out of these trials in life, it should be that. But the repeated epiphany of this never seems to last very long. I do remember for a few weeks to remind everybody how much they mean to me, but then I'm back to my old chimp self. Some of us have been communicating here with each other for years now. Thank you all for being a part of my life.

I better get that out before the feeling fades and I'm back to being the ornery bastard I usually am. :)
Its not a crime to throw a bit of a pity party every once in a while....helps keep the sanity. Its living there that is problem brother. You don't strike me that way. Everyone deals with stuff differently.

Its tough to make the effort to reach out to those of you that hold meaning. I am terrible at it and it seems like I beat myself up more every time I get a call or an email telling me someone else left us. Doesn't do any good to do that....and all we can do is try to be better at it.

My grandma described life as a series of losses that just get larger and more frequent as you get older. We gain some sort of magical powers too, weathering the storms. At least I hope we do because it's a bit rainy at my place right now too. Keep your head up Chimp. :passitleft:

I work with people in their 20s all around me. Magical powers? Ya, I'd say so. Gawd, what a buncha whiny little twerps! LOL!

I don' remember being such a weenie when I was that age. And I don' remember old guys thinking I was ... wait a minute ... yeah, I do - I do remember that look from the wrinkle-faced ones. Heheh.

Yup, we got the magical powers, baby! W00t! :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom