PotChimp's Side Projects

I need to get brave enough to try this so I can produce seeds for myself and stop buying them. =]

It's not really hard and doesn't take too long, but you have to have a small area to do the pollination and blooming away from the rest of your plants.

What the FOX!!!!??? lol That is so crazy looking! almost looks like the spanish moss you see hanging from trees in the south... Your apollo looks amazing too!!! I haven't popped any of my crosses yet... Fantastic!

I've done one round of the Apollo 13 f3 cross I did and one round of the cross with Nevil's Haze, which I'm about to do a second round of. Those were almost all keepers; the Apollo 13 f3s were about half and half, even though I only grew a few.

It's not really hard and doesn't take too long, but you have to have a small area to do the pollination and blooming away from the rest of your plants.
With the project I have in mind pollination will be fine as I will just grow a few of the same plant first to produce more seeds of it. From there I will cross with the same practice in mind - max four plants, hopefully the male to female ratio works in my favor =] Then once I do that is where things become tricky as I will need to figure out how to keep males and mothers with no indoor space.

My idea for the males is keep notes of how they were, for example - vigorous, smelled like XYZ and visible trichomes, Then label the pollen container after catching it. BUT that brings the question where do I store it. My living conditions are weird and space is limited. Hell I bought a grow with no where to put a tent =D GREAT planning no?

Those reflowers don't look terrible. Just not as dense and possibly not as sugary except that chocodope which is indeed crystally.

That nevils haze cola looks killer. And the blueberry trainwreck is a real trophy too.

About 2/5ths of the way through this blunt I'm smoking I said to myself o_O then I said "WTF is this $hit?", thinking it was one of these new phenos I just grew and put on the drying rack. I run around the corner to look and see what it was thinking it was a Killer A5 Haze reveg maybe, but looked at the tag and it said Nevil's Haze. Yep, that one ain't goin' nowhere..... :lot-o-toke:
The last three of them I grew had gaps in the top colas, though..... :hmmmm:

I've got all six of my Ghost Train Haze #1 S1 plants in bloom now :thumb:
Here's two of them:

One has branches growing out of the leaf petioles; it's pretty weird. I'll post pics of it when the lights come on later.
Mendocino Purple Kush (a leaf blade covered the flash):

Blackberry Trainwreck:

Ghost Train Haze #1 S1; branching (and other growth) off of the petioles:

:hmmmm:
Needs more NUTES!

Jk I have no idea what is happening here. It'll be interesting to see what it turns in too. It's almost like it's re vegging BUT I honestly have no Idea what that looks like as I have never done it. I think the GG4 my nephew killed and I stopped paying attention to may have started to reveg but it was super weird as I hadn't watered it for months and all of a sudden it had new growth. Maybe if it wasn't the start of winter I would have watered it just to see if anything came of it but we were getting to the time that it was to cold to grow outside.

I'm giving thought to putting it back into veg. I've had a few plants with growth on the leaf stems, but never managed to get any of them to hold that trait. The growth's never been this pronounced, though. Another thought I had was to cut the leaf off and see if I can get it to grow roots. :)

I'm giving thought to putting it back into veg. I've had a few plants with growth on the leaf stems, but never managed to get any of them to hold that trait. The growth's never been this pronounced, though. Another thought I had was to cut the leaf off and see if I can get it to grow roots. :)
I assume you dried and smoked the ones in the past. Were there any differences in the smoke? Did it make trimming harder or more laborious?

I guess put it back in veg for the hell of it and try to root a leaf. When given options do both as long as both are viable. Why not?

Clustered growth like that always leads to grey mold. Trimming and defoliation are both harder. The buds are usually smaller and the weed isn't any better when a plant has deformities like that, at least in my experience. I'm gonna swap it out with a scrawny Ghost cut OG Kush plant I have in veg (the only plant I have that's anywhere near ready to put into bloom now).

Clustered growth like that always leads to grey mold. Trimming and defoliation are both harder. The buds are usually smaller and the weed isn't any better when a plant has deformities like that, at least in my experience. I'm gonna swap it out with a scrawny Ghost cut OG Kush plant I have in veg (the only plant I have that's anywhere near ready to put into bloom now).
Oh! Well in that case cull it? Idk that possible mold is worth it, especially in a tent.

Would be interesting to see if you can get the leaf to grow roots

Back
Top Bottom