PotChimp's Side Projects

If I was at the grocery store when I saw it happen I'd dive into the lunchmeat cooler and put as much bologna and hot dogs on top of myself as I could stack; there's nothin' in the universe can phukk bologna up not even an atomic bomb! Oh, all six of those Pine Tar Kush seeds are opened up and they should be long enough to plant tomorrow. One of those 818 x GDP seeds is starting to crack open.

Well all six PTK seeds are in soilless mix. Only two of the 818GDPs opened up so I planted them too.
These original Sour Diesels are getting close to being ready, so I can spread these ornery Hazes out some they're not getting much light. Here's a bud from one of the SDs in back:

Here's a pic of a bud and the top on the SD in front:

Y Griega:

Super Lemon Haze:

A branch on one of the wispy Jamaican Lambsbread plants:

I had a dream it was Halloween I saw the big one go off I was in the grocery store I ran towards the candy display and dove into a giant box of Bay-bee Rooths but the blast come up short and nothing happened I jumped back out and told the store workers if you find one unwrapped and steamin' don't eat it..... :confused:

Plants look gorgeous, Chimp! :high-five:

Not sure about that JLB, though! I guess she doesn't take up much space, but sure doesn't look like she's gonna produce much. Hopefully, what you get, will, as you would say, "have some hair on its azz"! ;)

And, yeah, the Baby Ruth dream was funny :laugh:, but had to read it a couple of times. At first, I was wondering which one of your strains you were smoking to have those dreams!

How much total space are you working with, Brother? It seems like you always have a lot going on which, of course, is a good thing! :thumb:

I started my t5 unit today because I've got two GDP plants with whorled phyllotaxy and they seem to be male and female. I'm going to try to breed them together to see what happens, so all six of my grow units are going now. That one is 6 sq.' It's the lower half of a closet; the upper half is another 6 sq.' and has my PTK and 818GDP seedlings along with my Cannabis Afghanica plants. My GDP breeding project mother rejects, clones, and cuttings are in a 6.25 sq.' tent and the mothers are in my 2.5 sq.' Stooper-lokker and then there's my two 9 sq.' bloom tents. That's a total of 38.75 sq.' altogether. I've been thinking of converting that locker to a drying area and moving the light to another 6 sq.' closet.

Thanks guys. I've been thinking the opposite lately, though. Most of my 600 watt bloom tent's been mostly stems and leaves the last two grows; one of the reasons I want to abandon these Hazelike plants. If I could get plants to bloom all the way out in 1 gallon pots, I could put 25-36 of them per tent and really maximize space.

Uncle Cannabis used to measure his grow space in terms of sheets of plywood. Yours comes in at just over 1.2 SOP. Pretty amazing how much stuff can go on in a farm that small hey?

Not even counting that paranoid chimp that keeps diving into the tub of lunch meats.

Thanks guys. I've been thinking the opposite lately, though. Most of my 600 watt bloom tent's been mostly stems and leaves the last two grows; one of the reasons I want to abandon these Hazelike plants. If I could get plants to bloom all the way out in 1 gallon pots, I could put 25-36 of them per tent and really maximize space.

I ran a hempy SOG in 2L soda bottles for a few years. IMHO, you get the max yield per square foot using a SOG method. I had 24 single cola plants in a 2'x4' tent and could have gotten more in if I hung the fan/filter (which was on the floor!) and packed 'em tight. Each plant would grow to about 2' tall and yield, on average, between 1/4 to 1/2 oz. I would harvest 2-4 plants every couple/few weeks.

The reason I stopped is that it became a real PITA having to hand-water 24 plants plus maintain the moms and be constantly cloning to keep supply going; and, at one point I counted the plants and between what I had in the flower tent, plus the moms & clones, was something like 50 plants and I started to get concerned over plant #'s.

That being said, your current method of kicking the pots in until you hear the back of the tent rip seems to be working well for you! :rofl:

The hazes will do what the hazes will do, but you do always seem to have a LOT of different plants going considering the space you're working with! :welldone:

:(
Here's those Pine Tar Kush seedlings and six Cannabis Afghanica plants (both sides):

One of these PTKs is going normal:

The other one looks like it came face to face with the chimp who smoked the world (there's one of the new six PTK seedlings I started in the upper left corner):

Here's both of the 818GDP seedlings that came up in back (I'm going to plant four more of those soon):

Y Griega:

I see people grow some good sized plants in small amounts of coco, but having to water once to twice a day does not sound fun to me. Especially if you have 20 to 50 plants going. I have a buddy that used to grow massive moms in 5 gallon DWC buckets and then would clone ino 4 or 5 inch rockwool cubes. He would grow them in a flood tray and flower them small. He would get almost an ounce per plant from the cubes. he would flower the moms when they got too big. So his flower room was either 3 flood tables, a flood table and 2 moms or some combination that equaled 3 full lights. He did really well like this for a long while.

Hey PotChimp...

On my PTK I had 1 of 4 do this exact thing that yours is doing with the odd leaf mutation and varigation. As it matured the leaves corrected themselves and went normal and it actually had a slightly different growth structure than all of my other PTK phenos that I planted. Upon harvest, I will tell you this, my #1 pheno which was the one that started out like yours, had the strongest terp profile of all 5 females that I ran, and it had the most straight Pine terps of all 5 phenos :) Mine looked exactly like yours did when it was young, but as soon as the roots sprawled and the growth really took off, the leaves grew in normal.

Here is my pheno #1, did the same and ended up being my champion pheno in terms of that pine terp I was after :)

Where did you get your bean from? from Hazeman?

Please feel free everyone at your earliest convenience to pelt the chimp with rotten mangoes..... :(
I like to keep anything Kush (by plant structure, not strain name) on the dry side because I've read about it being drought resistant and not liking water. I let those Cannabis Afghanica plants get too dry and I think two of them are wilted beyond recovery. They get roots fast; I should have put them in a 1 gallon pot but I will today or tomorrow. The other four are wilted but not to the point of gone and I think they'll be okay soon. They grow slow, and I just slowed them down more, though.
I didn't expect the purps on this Ghost Train Haze #1:

This other GTH#1 is going yellow, so I think they may be ready soon:

Chocolope:

Let me first compliment you on your plants, Brother! The GTH looks awesome, as always, but that Chocolope really has my eye right now! She's a frosty little wench for her young age! :yummy:

Now, I'm commencing with the rotten mango pelting!

dia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FxT9IgLzvwx4cXRyhEI%2Fgiphy.gif

I ordered these seeds directly from Hazeman about 2-3 months ago. It's good to know that info about this weak looking pheno. I hope mine comes out the same.

Yea once I saw your photo I wanted to chime in and let you know that mine actually turned out to be amazing. I almost culled it too once I saw the ugly leaves and deformities. I had a buddy who ran some fem seeds I made with my Fire OG x Black Cherry Soda. The fire OG had a similar trait with leaf varigation and mutations which carried over to the beans I made. He decided to keep them even though they were all deformed. They ended up being his largest yielding and one of his best plants out of 12 different outdoor trees :) Because of his experience I kept the ugly PTK/Xmas Bud and really happy I did. Hope yours also has some amazing traits!

BTW your Ghost Train Haze looks absolutely phenomenal!!! Yum!

Back
Top Bottom