Purplewreck in Hempys

Raisin J

Well as my other grow gets closer to finishing I thought I'd get started on my next batch. I started out with 6 fem beans from reserva privada, I have clones from my best 3, 2 trainwreck looking, one that looks to stay shorter and with very close nodes. I have 5 clones of the trainwreck looking mamas, that will be flowering under a mix of led and t5, and then I'll have a dozen under hps of all 3 ladies, #1,3,4 as they were numbered. The clones for the hps crop are just starting to root in their rapid rooters, the other 5 are in solo cups about to go into hempys, they will switch to 12/12 as soon as the roots touch down. I have 1 Procyon and 2 ufos of the 7 to 1 to 1, red:blue:eek:range variety and 2 4'x 2 bulb t5s. The 12 to follow will be under dual 600s in cool tubes.

Ok I have 5 purplewrecks under 12/12 led now, no real veg time, will add a few more as we go since I will have extras. I need my 12 best, 4 of each of 3 different moms to go under hps (they will veg 3+ weeks). The clones are getting close to ready to plant so they will be going into solo cup mini hempys in a couple days which will keep them short and fat in my experience. Probably about 2-3 weeks in solos then they will veg in the buckets until the growth takes off. Not alot happening here yet, gonna be harvesting over the next few weeks and that'll keep me busy, so check out my current grow if u wanna see some hempys getting close, they are almost into week 8 now.

Planted 23/28 into pelite/vermiculite 16oz plastic solo cups, the other 5 will probably make it but that's more than enough (needed 15, will take the best 12 to bloom, 3 as moms). In 2-3 weeks the roots should be coming out of the holes and my flower room will open up. They will get plain old water for a few days, by then they medium should be good and clean and ready for a little food. They will be fed general hydroponics flora micro and bloom at a 1:2 ratio, nothing else throughout the grow, probably won't even check ph/ppm, simple stuff. I like the vermiculite in the mix even if I only use it 5:1 perlite:vermiculite, I think it keeps the cups together better for transfer and it gives a little buffer and holds a little moisture if u miss a watering.

23_purplewrecks.jpg

SUBSCRIBED!!

anything with the words "purple" and "wreck" in it tweeks MY interest!!

HI THERE!!:ganjamon:

I'm real excited to see what they can do. I've never grown a purple strain, I've grown trainwreck and loved the smoke. Another 10 days and they'll be under the metal halide. I'm glad there's some interest in this. Hopefully one of these ladies will be a winner and get to stay. I'm just waiting on 6 Jack herers to be done and then they get the good room and 600 watt mh. I'll have a total of 27 purplewrecks flowered by mid July if all goes well. One 12 plant under 1200 watts, 7 under 600, and 8 under LEDs.

I'm real excited to see what they can do. I've never grown a purple strain, I've grown trainwreck and loved the smoke. Another 10 days and they'll be under the metal halide. I'm glad there's some interest in this. Hopefully one of these ladies will be a winner and get to stay. I'm just waiting on 6 Jack herers to be done and then they get the good room and 600 watt mh. I'll have a total of 27 purplewrecks flowered by mid July if all goes well. One 12 plant under 1200 watts, 7 under 600, and 8 under LEDs.

HOLY SH*T BATMAN.... thats a lotta purp!! gonna be a fun ride for us!!

after 10 days in cups, we are seeing roots thru the drain hole. right on time. hope to have them in buckets a week from today, probably get them under the metal halide about the same time. 600 watt metal halide for veggin and then 1200 watts of hps for flowering in the main room, as of now thats 12 plants under 1200 watts hps to flower, 8 under 305 watts led + cfl, and i still need to add 7 more, but those will have to wait for a little bit, i want to see how long they can be growing healthy in the 16oz plastic cups (i think ~1 month) , and also need another ballast, probably get another nextgen, im happy with it so far. i wonder if the switchable 400/600 is worth getting or is it just one more thing that could go wrong later? i got the 600, and like it, sure is cheaper to ship than a normal ballast.

Transfered 9 into hempys, kinda rough on a few of them. The last 3 went smooth. I need to do more rinsing and mixing and get some more in. I got them mixed up so not sure which is what but I have the 3 different types seperated so I'll at least knowcwhats what when making the final selections on which stays. I hope to see one stand out and hopefully make it a permenent member- had one kinda favored in veg but now have to wait to see if those same traits show- the original moms were mutilated and tossed. So they are divided into three colors- red, blue, black, i think the black is the tight nodes shorter pheno. I have 5 pw girls already at 2 weeks under led but they don't look like they will amount to much- puny straight to flower and in a cold room under LEDs.. Not expecting much but a few little puffs around mid June. I'll flip to 12/12 in about 3 weeks I think. Hard waiting but at least I've got bud to last me til then. I'm thinking my lemon haze will be a winner- some real nice looking plants- tight nodes, narrow structure, deep green, I see a bit of competition with Jack down the road. I've found some special beans recently I cannot wait to grow, it's gonna be called "lucky day"..

ok, i'm soooo here.....i had a purple wreck, and love the train wreck so am very curious about how it will go, also have some j.h. going in bud room, so am also curious about those....both new for me....later, lavendar:cheer::cheer:

WHAT are hempys??

ok, i'm soooo here.....i had a purple wreck, and love the train wreck so am very curious about how it will go, also have some j.h. going in bud room, so am also curious about those....both new for me....later, lavendar:cheer::cheer:

WHAT are hempys??

A hempy is simply a bucket with a hole a couple inches up that allows the bucket to drain out but maintain a "resevoir" of nutrients. It's incredibly simple and there is a hempy thread in the hydroponics section. I use a 2.5 gallon bucket, 1/2" hole 2" from the bottom and fill it with perlite, coco, hydroton balls, slot of good medium choices as long as they drain very well. It's really a great hydro method that's low stress/maintenence.
You won't be dissapointed with jack, great smoke, great all day, but can really knock u out if u smoke too much. Definately look into hempys if u are interested in the simplest hydro method.
My super lemon haze looks great too, 5 of 5 feminized beans all uniform and healthy, tight nodes, narrow structure, sturdy. Ready to clone in a few weeks.

Well from looking at those pics up there, they are obviously growing, but I am seeing the same yellowish leaves and even though it is early, I am changing from the Lucas formula to the regular back of the bottle mix of gh flora for a few reasons:
the advice from someone on here, who only gets credit when it's successful, can't be held accountable in anyway so will remain nameless unless he wishes to chime in.. Also my last grow never really grew many leaves and they were small and yellow most if the grow. The stems never really thickened like they should have. I didn't want to change in the middle, but in the end my yeilds obviously suffered. The hempys under led did fine with the Lucas formula, but the hps girls lacked nitrogen the entire grow. The clones had been getting mild lucas nutes, and today got their first full feed with the green "grow" nutes. First time using the green "grow" bottle. It will be interesting. Pics when I have plants that look like they mean business, and I get the top coat of hydroton on, they are planted deep and will get a nice load of pebbles on top as I think it works great at keeping them clean and algae free, plus the pebbles spread the water out and u don't get alot of roots up there and some extra airs probably a good thing.

First feeding of new mix was 3ml grow, 2ml micro, 1 ml bloom per gallon. This is I'm sure very mild but I like to be cautious and hopefully somebody will throw out some good numbers to shoot for as my grow progresses. I plan (roughly) to start here and build up to 15/10/5 by the end of about 3 weeks from today. And then about 5/10/15 through the bloom phase, and possibly add kool bloom or something later into bloom.. Something to add that'll help with yeild but not hurt quality or density. This is an area I really would love some advice on from experienced hempy growers. I would like to try a different line next time around but it's gh flora til the end on these girls. Also I have 3 in recycled perlite to see how that does.

Same feed today, 3,2,1 grow,micro,bloom.

Alot of leaves are curling up like v's, curling up lengthwise, from centerline.
I'm guessing it's the nitrogen boost? I saw nothing but lack of nitrogen my last grow. It is early for me to react, hopefully it will get better. I really should get some pics, hopefully next time I see them they will be improving/adjusting. Growing good, greener and greener, no spots or burn.

Got some pics but didn't get a chance to upload em. Leaves are flattening out and looking better. I'll get pics of these clones and some bud shots/smoke report done over the next couple days. After a good harvest it's sometimes hard to stay on top of things for a while. There's gonna be a couple Jack herer in this group as well. I'm really trying hard to decide if I want to keep a kushberry/skunk male, it's been a freak frOm the beginning, a twin taproot and the lil side growth that's now obviously gonna keep living and growing. It'll probably get the ax tomorrow, I got breeding plans for longer than I probably have time for anyway and the taproot thing seems a little too mutanty to me.

Back
Top Bottom