Quix Goes Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

re: Quix Goes Blue Planet Nutrients - Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

i know if its lacking in the N then the leaves seem a light green to yellow colour, but here is a quick link to a guide i found on this site, their is one with pictures and photos and tells you what each leaf is telling us, ill try and find it and post the link mate
Cannabis Nutrient And Deficiency Table - Great!

re: Quix Goes Blue Planet Nutrients - Smart Pots & Dirty Coco - Slee Skunk & Chemmy Jones

Got a quick question. How do u know when they are showing Nute defin

Mr. Mud, you will know that the plants have a def., when they no longer look healthy...If you have done your homework, and know what the plant needs, you can then decide if you've given them enough, or too much of the necessary nutrients. Its learning the difference between PH lockout and deficiency that is tricky. Plants will display what LOOKS like a deficiency with the onset of a PH imballance, and can fool you into adding more nutrients, which can be detrimental.
With every nutrient deficincy, the plant will exhibit a different symptom...If the plant is lush and green, there is probably nothing wrong with them...

that is the problem quix, but theirs so many things that contradict themselves, some def issues say if the plant has purple stems then its one kind of def, but then later on it say but this is not in all cases due to some plants having this as the plant is healthy, it seems theirs so much to learn and figure out, but most of it could be down to the plants genetics and not because you have a problem, with a site like this plenty of pictures on your journal and asking questions is the best way to go before you try doing anything to the plants, even flushing the soil can cause more harm than good as your washing the stuff out the plants need to recover from what ever problem their having, such as nute lockout that quix covered, flushing the soil should only be the very last resort after all else has failed

that is the problem quix, but theirs so many things that contradict themselves, some def issues say if the plant has purple stems then its one kind of def, but then later on it say but this is not in all cases due to some plants having this as the plant is healthy, it seems theirs so much to learn and figure out, but most of it could be down to the plants genetics and not because you have a problem, with a site like this plenty of pictures on your journal and asking questions is the best way to go before you try doing anything to the plants, even flushing the soil can cause more harm than good as your washing the stuff out the plants need to recover from what ever problem their having, such as nute lockout that quix covered, flushing the soil should only be the very last resort after all else has failed

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on the flushing my friend. I have never seen a plant affected negatively by a flush. I have seen many, many plants corrected by flushing. The only time I can think of, that I'd seen a plant suffer from a flush, is when the grower was actually drowning their plants by flushing too much, too often. There is nothing in the soil, that can't be replaced after a good flush, so, if done properly, flushing can only help. If a flush can't help your plants, then the damage is done beyond repair before said flush anyway...Or, the problem isn't toxicity in the first place, in which case, you're screwed to begin with....

Picture updae coming very soon...I'm still on the fence about whether or not to top the plants once more, to give them 4 good tops...I really don't want to spend the time to recover, and would like very much to flip 12 on 'em this weekend....:Namaste:

thanks for putting me right mate, im not a regular grower and only going on what i read, and it said that flushing was a very last resort and when you do flush you need to use a weak mixture of nutes as the plant wont have anything to take back in once the problem has been dealt with, i was more concerned with growers that have problems due to over watering then flushing the plants thinking it will solve the problem when in fact the problem was down to to much water and not due to something in the soil, i know flushing helps if say you added to much nutes and stuff like that and its best to flush a few days before harvesting, .

thanks for jumping in and putting me right mate, i didnt want to give out the wrong info, its just hard reading that much stuff as you never know whats right or wrong, a lot of people say somethings good and the other half say its a bad things so its hard to find some even ground so to speak,

Quick Update...

All 6 plants are really starting to explode, with beautiful vigorous new foliage. I think I'm going to just flip the lights, and lollipop the lowers on all these...There are pre-flowers showing on only one plant, a Chemmy Jones...it's a she:thumb: A week under 12/12 should bring out the others' sex...I failed to get a pic of the pre-flower, but you'll see in about a week.

I watered two days ago with plain water and their first dose of molasses @ 1tsp./gallon.
Anyway, here are the latest pics from the veg cab.

P5120001.JPG
P5120002.JPG
P5120003.JPG
P5120004.JPG
P5120006.JPG
P5120005.JPG
P5120009.JPG
P5120008.JPG
P5120007.JPG

Hope all is well in your worlds:Namaste:

Quix, they look great brother. :goodjob:

You got roots out the bottom of your smart pots?

Quix, they look great brother. :goodjob:

You got roots out the bottom of your smart pots?

Thank you HMG! Not yet, but I've been wondering if I'd get them growing from one container into the other, where two pots touch...
They're really crammed in there, so I've been making an effort not to disturb them too much, otherwise I'd look lol...

Hi Quix. Those are some nice green girls you have there. The picture of health. How much vertical space do you have? I forget.

Your going to have bushy girls already...but....seeing a couple tops on them made my fingers flex....I see a couple of places for a good pinch! Don't pay any attention to me......your girls are going to be outrageous
:thumb:

Hey Q -

I think whatever way you're most comfortable with as far as keeping the canopy low and even, that's what you should run with. LST works as well as anything if you keep up with it, and it is less stressful. You've done some good LST work in the past, so go with that for now. I wish I had the comfort with pinching them like OMM, but FIM'ing isn't something I've got down yet - someday!

They sure look good so far my friend! :high-five:

Hi Quix. Those are some nice green girls you have there. The picture of health. How much vertical space do you have? I forget.

Your going to have bushy girls already...but....seeing a couple tops on them made my fingers flex....I see a couple of places for a good pinch! Don't pay any attention to me......your girls are going to be outrageous
:thumb:
Hey OMM thanks!:high-five:

In the 2x2 "Corner", height can go up to about 5 feet, but the veg cab they're in now is only about 2.5 feet high...In order to flower out more than 3 or 4 plants, I have to flower some of the plants in the smal veg cab....
I would much rather run 4 tops per plant, but I don't want to wait on recovery time from another topping. I'm going to run these with two tops, just as an experiment. I've never done it, so it'll be a learning experience.
I know...I see the perfect place to top them...:Namaste:

Hey Q -

I think whatever way you're most comfortable with as far as keeping the canopy low and even, that's what you should run with. LST works as well as anything if you keep up with it, and it is less stressful. You've done some good LST work in the past, so go with that for now. I wish I had the comfort with pinching them like OMM, but FIM'ing isn't something I've got down yet - someday!

They sure look good so far my friend! :high-five:
Thank you kindly good sir! :high-five:

I feel its a little cramped to try to bend these now. If I pull each of the plants' two tops down, they will sort of spill over into the neigboring plants' area. I feel like a good LST should be done earlier, while the plant is shorter, and more pliable, too...I too need some practice with FIM, and would really like to try it again on the next run...We shall see:thumb:

Your not lying Quix they sure did take off !

Some nice looking leaves too :clap:

Thanks a bunch S4D, they really seem to love the combo of Smart Pots, Coco/FFOF, and BPN!!

great looking plants quix, just reading back about the roots on the page before, and i would of thought if they can grow out the bags then they will more than likely grow into the other bags, are you planning on putting them into anything or is that how they grow,, either way the plants are looking really healthy mate, reps for the plants

same here mate, im trying fim with my next batch ive got a plant under 12-12 from seed that would be perfect for it, but as its under 12-12 im undecided if it will stunt the plant and reduce yield, so i think ill leave it till my plants in veg get big enough, i gota admit though that the plants that i have under 12-12 from seed seem a lot more advanced than the plants under 24-0 under veg lights, the plants under 12-12 from seed are under a dual spectrum hps, but the plants under 12-12 look a couple of weeks ahead of the plants im veg even though they are the same strain and age, i know people say they stretch but im not getting loads of stretch ie height im getting loads of growth at nodes and bigger and healthier looking leaves, all are fed and watered the same measured amount so i think it will be good to compare the yield between the 2

Hey OMM thanks!:high-five:

In the 2x2 "Corner", height can go up to about 5 feet, but the veg cab they're in now is only about 2.5 feet high...In order to flower out more than 3 or 4 plants, I have to flower some of the plants in the smal veg cab....
I would much rather run 4 tops per plant, but I don't want to wait on recovery time from another topping. I'm going to run these with two tops, just as an experiment. I've never done it, so it'll be a learning experience.
I know...I see the perfect place to top them...:Namaste:

Hey Quix. Man you are limited in the short box, but you will have a fine grow as per your usual. I was just pulling your leg about pinching them. Sorry if it sounded like I was serious. Looking forward to following along with you as you work your wonders.:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom