Rabbit's Big Leap - High Brix With Doc's Kit

Hash Bomb #10 also got a rescue drench although it may be too late for her to turn around. She's 2 or 3 weeks ahead in flower but seems to be falling farther behind.

20170205_114622.jpg

It feels weird not to have 30 plants in the tent and clones piled all over the veg area. I starting to get used to it and I kinda like it. I loved the variety I had before, but it was also a curse of sorts having to juggle so many projects. Today was hard work but very peaceful and calming.
:Namaste:

It's a shame Hash Bomb #10 won't produce to your expectations.

I can see you put a lot of work into training and trimming below the canopy.

She's still a nice plant.

I thrive on a variety of plants at different stages - even when I neglect to pamper them.

For me, all the excitement happens in veg. Flower time is like sitting on the porch watching the snow melt and waiting for spring to arrive.

It's a shame Hash Bomb #10 won't produce to your expectations.

I can see you put a lot of work into training and trimming below the canopy.

She's still a nice plant.

I thrive on a variety of plants at different stages - even when I neglect to pamper them.

For me, all the excitement happens in veg. Flower time is like sitting on the porch watching the snow melt and waiting for spring to arrive.

I couldn't agree more. Critical gets my attention because I've never had a plant like that in flower before. But best part of yesterday (other than harvesting my old grow) was working on the vegging girls.

Mine are at 12" now. I let plants grow up to that distance. They started at about 20".

I've heard from others that 12" is too close. I'm starting to think it may be stressing plants in ways I haven't noticed before because of all the other problems I was dealing with. I going to try 18" with plants I'm moving in to tent now.

Moving Day is coming

I've been retraining the vegging girls to even out the canopies. They haven't been cooperating! Stems want to grow up not side ways. And even after thinning last week there's still too many of them. Good problems to have! :)

Even better, no sign of mites on any of my plants. Tent is cleared, just need to reconfigure the lights and I'll move the last 4 tomorrow.

This is Dance World with her big sativa leaves. She was at least 6" above the screen last Sunday. Squashed her back under, spread the stems out, and I've been struggling all week to weave those big leaves back through the screen. Same issue with the Medical Mass girls except they have big beautiful indica leaves. Blue Mystic has been a little more cooperative but not much. Lush and green with attitude. I'm lovin' it!
20170205_165926.jpg

Black Cherry Soda already in the tent since Sunday. Still reworking the stems after i accidently pulled the screen off.
20170208_182741.jpg

And my current star, Critical, looking a little more green even though you can't tell in that light. Rescue drench seems to be working. Buds are definitely fatter than last weekend. Actually they're fatter than the first one I grew was at harvest with 2 weeks to go.
20170208_182735.jpg

Humidity is up close to 50% during day. Daytime temps have dropped to low 70's while I only have 4 of 8 lights running, will go back up when I turn rest back on tomorrow. Almost ready to burst into song...

There's a bright blurple haze in the grow tent,
There's a bright blurple haze in the grow tent,
The weed is as high as an elephants eye,
An' it looks like it's climbing clear up in the lights.

Oh, what a beautiful mornin',
Oh, what a beautiful day.
I got a beautiful feelin'
Ev'erything's goin' my way.

Moving Day is coming

I've been retraining the vegging girls to even out the canopies. They haven't been cooperating! Stems want to grow up not side ways. And even after thinning last week there's still too many of them. Good problems to have! :)

Even better, no sign of mites on any of my plants. Tent is cleared, just need to reconfigure the lights and I'll move the last 4 tomorrow.

This is Dance World with her big sativa leaves. She was at least 6" above the screen last Sunday. Squashed her back under, spread the stems out, and I've been struggling all week to weave those big leaves back through the screen. Same issue with the Medical Mass girls except they have big beautiful indica leaves. Blue Mystic has been a little more cooperative but not much. Lush and green with attitude. I'm lovin' it!
20170205_165926.jpg

Out of curiousity, why do you have to weave the leaves back under the screen?

I can understand why you would weave the growing branch tips to spread out the auxins so that one terminal bud doesn't have apical dominance over the lateral buds, but I don't think the leaves participate in this. It seems like you could just weave the growing branch tips and ignore the leaves.

Glad to see you have gotten your pest problem down. That critical is looking fatter than any plant I've seen you grow so far. Do your screens just sit on the plants with no support other than from the plant?

Out of curiousity, why do you have to weave the leaves back under the screen?

I can understand why you would weave the growing branch tips to spread out the auxins so that one terminal bud doesn't have apical dominance over the lateral buds, but I don't think the leaves participate in this. It seems like you could just weave the growing branch tips and ignore the leaves.

What I meant by 'weaving leaves' was pulling a few along with shoot tip thru the screen to hold it up like pic below. Most of the leaves I left below the screen. Some leaves I pulled up to untangle the mass under the screen and look for more shoots to pull up to fill gaps. I'm still adjusting canopies every time I'm in there until stretch starts.
20170212_154337.jpg

And They're Off!...

I moved the 4 last plants into the tent Saturday. No sign of mites anywhere, not even egg cases or skeletons. Trying not to get overconfident. Need to keep checking daily, but doing a little happy dance every time I do. :)
20170212_154257.jpg

Comparing 2 Medical Mass plants. Left was potted up to 2 gal and then into current 6 gal while Right was still in 1 gal pot, potted up to 6 gal about 1 week after. I'm really impressed with how she has caught up. Left has had extensive pruning down to 4 main branches, Right has several smaller branches due to later start/less training. Right will get a little more cleanup underneath this week but will still have a lot more shoots. I didn't plan on doing a comparison when I added 2nd MdM to grow, but here it is: Fewer stronger stems vs More smaller stems with more complete fill. I've been wondering how many is too many. I think I tried too many on last grow, but with bigger pots it's a whole new game.
20170212_154551.jpg
20170212_154614.jpg
20170212_154624.jpg

Glad to see you have gotten your pest problem down. That critical is looking fatter than any plant I've seen you grow so far. Do your screens just sit on the plants with no support other than from the plant?

Screen are attached to 2 thin plant stakes that you can see in post above. They mostly anchor the screen until plant grows thru it. From then plants hold it up. Advantage of wire fencing over net is that it doesn't need frame to keep stems spread.

Heading toward the finish line

Critical seemed to be recovering after the rescue drench, but now she seems to be winding down a little sooner than I expected, not much. I'm going to try back building on her tonight and see what happens over next 2 weeks.
20170212_154833.jpg

All 3 older girls got plain water yesterday and destress foliar (at 1/2 strength per Doc following rescue drench.) I may have waited to long to take action, but still really happy with results of first kit grow so far.

HB10 is probably close to done. Letting her dry out completely really did her in, although I don't know how well she would have produced without my screw up. HB2 has done better in the kit than prior grows, but didn't respond as much as I expected. I will probably chop them at same time as Critical so I can move on to more productive lines. And to relocate my veg area to that corner.

Speaking of which, this is what's left in the veg area. Several candidates for next grow, and some extra clones I've decided to keep growing just for juicing (bottom pic). As soon as I can move these my daughter will finally get her archery range.
20170212_160520.jpg
20170212_160456.jpg

Morning Walk in the Garden

I stopped to smell the roses before I left for work.

Black Cherry Soda, about 10 days from the flip. I'm counting today as day 2 of flower (pistils were there last night but didn't have camera with me before lights out). Gave plain water with splash of tea yesterday. All 5 new girls soaked up 2 gal. Also added the Recharge and top watered 1/2 gal. Gave Brix foliar also. As you can see on BCS leaves I may have gone a little heavy with the spray.
20170216_073345.jpg

Across the tent, just before lights on, Critical looking like she did yesterday only more so. Only light is from row behind me, no flash, just photoshopped to lighten it. She really is yellowing fast, white pistils disappearing. Could just be trick of the light but she seems to be responding to backbuilding earlier this week. Could just be normal swelling near the end. She is definitely stickier than 2 prior runs. Only disappointment is lack of frostiness. Low temps and low humidity may have played a role in that. (stable at 71-75F, 50% RH now) Or starting in plain soil before up potting to 6 gal kit soil. Or just learning the ropes of using the kit. Very happy with this one. Expect to be even happier with the next! :Namaste:
20170216_073710.jpg

New Girls update

Sunday was GE drench day for all 8 plants, about 2 gal each soaked up from tray plus 1/2 gal top watered. Also did spray with neem. I found 2 mites on plants in veg area, so sprays continue in tent as well.
Yesterday was clean up day. I removed most shoots below the screens. This made it easier to rearrange the top shoots to fill in gaps in the center.

Medical Mass 1 & 2. MdM1 has pistils as of Sunday. MdM2 is yellowing quite a bit more and appears to have Magnesium deficiency. I just now remembered as I was typing that I added some epsom salts to the others when I up potted to 6 gal. MdM2 was potted up later and didn't get epsom. They could all use some but she will get a full dose tonight.
20170220_141006.jpg

Dance World going vertical with very strong shoots. No pistils yet, close. She's stretching more than others like a sativa dom strain. You can see gap in center. While trimming the underside I found 3 shoots that I could pull up through center. Now that they have light they should fill in quickly.
20170220_141026.jpg
20170220_141627.jpg
20170220_142353.jpg
20170220_142424.jpg

Underneath Black Cherry Soda showing the last of my leaning trunks and why I had so much trouble getting the canopy balanced. Pistils are forming buttons, so about 2 weeks to Cat drench.
20170220_144309.jpg

Blue Mystic is being camera shy again. She just got her first pistils yesterday and is a little self conscious. Don't know why because she is probably the best looking of group. I just hope she doesn't start acting out to get me to give her more attention.

Old Girls - Sticky Fingers Update

Doesn't seem that long ago that I was clearing out plants to make room for these 3. Re-calculated Critical's age and found I was off by a week. She's at 64 days from flip so right on time for harvest. I've been pulling spent fan leaves as fast as I can. By the time I chop later this week there won't be any. She's using up everything she's got. I removed the cage from her and HB2 (right in photo). I haven't been able to do a proper clean out with it there. (making sure I don't get behind on 5 new girls.)
20170221_080702.jpg

Trichs are mostly cloudy and white pistils are nearly gone so this is the week. Makes me happy/sad. I want to savor my remaining time with her, but I want the buds more. As silver lining. :)
20170220_093504.jpg

HB10 and HB2 will probably be cut with Critical. They still have white pistils and mostly clear trichs. I'll be harvesting a week or 2 early. Bottom line: they are not very productive and I want the space back now. Familiar story.
20170220_093542.jpg
20170220_093603.jpg

Back
Top Bottom