Rabbit's Big Leap - High Brix With Doc's Kit

Jr. Scientist at Play

I mentioned in my last journal that I had some seeds to play with. I'm planning a pheno hunt with the 30 Hash Bomb seeds I harvested, but I'm waiting until I have time and space to do it right (and all at once).

They keep calling to me every time I look for matching socks, "Plant us!" So I got them out to look at them again, and then...
20170222_181531.jpg

I weakened and dropped 2 Chernobyl x HB seeds. These were accidental seeds so might have been Mendo Madness male instead of HB. I'll know if they sprout. That's one issue for me, making sure the seeds I collected are viable. If I get a female I may let her grow natural in the tent, or grow big outside. I just need to experiment with something and keep me from messing with the brix girls. :)
20170222_182716.jpg

Nice looking girl - how old is she?

She sprouted 10/09, so crap, now I have to count. That makes 136 days in the photo yesterday. That's a lot longer than I thought. I did try to slow growth for part of veg period because it was taking longer to clear out tent. I let veg area temps stay in the 60's (don't tell Doc) and raised the light farther away. Still doesn't seem like it was that long. I'm losing track of time. What could be causing that? :passitleft: nevermind. Try some of my BCS. :)

I'm losing track of time. What could be causing that? :passitleft: nevermind. Try some of my BCS. :)

That sounds better than blaming old age on that problem, still think someones speeding up time and making it go faster though ;) :rofl:

2263 posts in the 136 days since Blue Mystic was planted - that's a lot of 'spambot patrol' posts :)

yeah I went from like 6 posts a day according to my profile to currently 16 on average....they busy bots for sure ;) I had like 1,800 post count last week :rofl:

Jr. Scientist at Play

I mentioned in my last journal that I had some seeds to play with. I'm planning a pheno hunt with the 30 Hash Bomb seeds I harvested, but I'm waiting until I have time and space to do it right (and all at once).

They keep calling to me every time I look for matching socks, "Plant us!" So I got them out to look at them again, and then...
20170222_181531.jpg

I weakened and dropped 2 Chernobyl x HB seeds. These were accidental seeds so might have been Mendo Madness male instead of HB. I'll know if they sprout. That's one issue for me, making sure the seeds I collected are viable. If I get a female I may let her grow natural in the tent, or grow big outside. I just need to experiment with something and keep me from messing with the brix girls. :)
20170222_182716.jpg

:laughtwo: Made me laugh right out loud KR. That's why I'm keeping my hempy pot going, no matter what. If I don't, I'll start....... yeah....that never goes well. Lol!

The canopy on the BM is amazing. Her camera shyness was setting the mood, eh? :cheesygrinsmiley:

yeah I went from like 6 posts a day according to my profile to currently 16 on average....they busy bots for sure ;) I had like 1,800 post count last week :rofl:

16 a day? You still have some catching up to do. :cheesygrinsmiley: Not that I'd wish that on you at all, considering the nature of your posting needs. Keep up the good work. :hug: :love:

First Harvest (of the Brix Era)

A final look at Critical. I have to admit I'm having a hard time making the first cut. She's still sitting on the landing where I took the photos. Funny thing is, it's not the buds, it's the stem. When I trained bonsai I spent weeks staring at the shape of the trunk and branch structure. I'm particularly proud of the structure of this one.
20170226_155346.jpg

20170226_155535.jpg

I'm really proud of the buds too.
20170226_155413.jpg

And a closer shot of the trunk.
20170226_155603.jpg

As the largest plant I've harvested she's automatically my new personal best.
But I've got 5 chances to beat it iin 2 months. :)
:Namaste:

I am in awe of your hard work. That plant is a piece of art because you had the time to sculpt your skills into one masterpiece.

Now that you have the space you clearly benefited from the reorganization.

This is a milestone in your rehab, you're improving your functions like a runaway train. I'm gonna light a candle for this one.

Proud of your overachieving....❤️

I am in awe of your hard work. That plant is a piece of art because you had the time to sculpt your skills into one masterpiece.

Now that you have the space you clearly benefited from the reorganization.

This is a milestone in your rehab, you're improving your functions like a runaway train. I'm gonna light a candle for this one.

Proud of your overachieving....❤️

Thank you! I definitely am feeling more clarity about what I'm doing, making better decisions and sticking to plans. (but plans can still be changed, right? :) )

Looks good :thumb: yeah it is hard to kill them off, but kind of the point of growing them ;)

I don't mind killing the buds at all. I've started picking off the small lower stuff to see how much of the stem I can save. They are still pliable enough to work with. Maybe I can make it into something functional. I could use a good hat rack. :rofl:

I don't mind killing the buds at all. I've started picking off the small lower stuff to see how much of the stem I can save. They are still pliable enough to work with. Maybe I can make it into something functional. I could use a good hat rack. :rofl:

Or another re-veg project ;)....would be an interesting hat rack though :rofl:

Or another re-veg project ;)....would be an interesting hat rack though :rofl:

I am done with revegging. I only did the one because it was my last plant of clone only strain. I tried before and ended up with complete messes that never got their vigor back. She's a strong enough plant that she could probably pull it off, and I did think about it, but no, not again. :) So hat rack it is!

I am done with revegging. I only did the one because it was my last plant of clone only strain. I tried before and ended up with complete messes that never got their vigor back. She's a strong enough plant that she could probably pull it off, and I did think about it, but no, not again. :) So hat rack it is!

Yep I remember you saying that, hence the "wink" :rofl: I was being my typical sarcastic self :hippy:

Thank you! I definitely am feeling more clarity about what I'm doing, making better decisions and sticking to plans. (but plans can still be changed, right? :) )

Congraulations on your harvest!

And your Hatrack :)

I frequently save the larger stalks. We call them 'mariwands' around our house.
I have one I brought from Massachusetts but I'm pretty sure it's been outside all winter - probably an ex-mariwand :)

I just read through the journal and this is something I hope to aspire to/emulate. It's really interesting to see a cannabis plant grown from an eye of someone who trained bonsai aesthetics.
I was considering a re-veg project after my first grow as well, so I'm grateful to read of your experience with it. Thank again, beautiful plants you're a true artist.

Thank you PT! I'm just now getting to point where I can spend time on aesthetics and love it! At one point I had 30+ in flower and 50 clones in veg. I tried to spend time developing a few specimens but always gave up in frustration. Now that I'm meeting my medical needs with fewer plants it's a lot more fun and therapeutic.

Back
Top Bottom