Relaxed's Winter Experiment

First rays of Sun Well, the weather took a turn back to spring mode, we have 75 degree temperatures, clear, sunny skies. So I took the babies outside for their first time, they're gonna love it me-thinks.
IMG_030825.jpg

:Namaste:

Do those corn bores have two generations a year because of the warm winters? I sure hope not.

Looking good mate.

:goodjob:

Thanks! and No, all of the larvae are "overwintering" right now. First gen. (brood) emerge in beginning Spring (warmer), and second generation emerge in August (right in heavy flower). So I will unlikely have a moth problem until next July-August, especially because I will be moving the pots around to get Sun, and into the garage at night to keep warmer. So, regular botrytis would be the main worry I think.

PS I just thought about what you said, If climate change indeed took over, it could theoretically shift the circadian rhythm for breeding for an organism due to evolution, so perhaps if we had continuous warm winters, we would see year round emergence of the larvae, and an exponential population increase.:tokin:

Just trying to make use of the photons being emitted from 3 bulbs, there is a reason I do not grow indoors. 1200 amp rated circuit, 1959 technology.

Got to love the great outdoors! :)

Just a few more seedling shots in their new little area.
IMG_030920.jpg
IMG_031022.jpg
IMG_031116.jpg

I dont normally put a pennies worth in but from what I have learnt about autos you will do better by re-potting
if there tap root hits the bottom in can stunt there growth I have started my oes in much bigger pots to give them a good start
Doctor bud doese a good video on Flutube all about them

Weather: Amazing, 80 degrees, hot, clear and sunny with a cool breeze. I'll tell you it would not take long to get sunburned out there.

Transplanted into their final pots So I got the shovel out and dug up some soil, in the location I previously had the green beans. Soil looks great still, real rich, those green beans did not get far rooted. So I mixed that up with a tad bit of generic potting soil, and a couple splashes of Dr. Earths bat guano (nitrogen dominated) into the transplant whole for a little kick. They are going to enjoy this if the weather keeps up!
IMG_031214.jpg
IMG_031418.jpg
IMG_032124.jpg

One note I wanted to make: These are the terracotta style pots, I love these pots, marijuana looks great growing in them, I just had these lying around the house, and I know these plants aren't going to get very big so I'm really not worried about "root-bound pots" These are the EXACT same size terracots pots that I had one of my 6-7 foot Hong Kong OGs during the summer, I mean this is like a 2-3 gallon pot at most... and she produced me over a quarter pound of what is now reserve puff. Not bad for a bait plant, but I'm definitely not going to be worried about something that has the genes of growing up and out of cold Russian rubble.

Just to show you, the plant on the left was in the same sized terracottas that the new KC-45 autoflowers are currently in now.
IMG_28058.jpg

Just wanted to show off this sexy root-bound pot from the summer, I RELY on this, because I am in a place where I cannot grow tree's the size of James the Green's.
Update510_0292.jpg

That's all for now, Be well All! :Namaste:

I know seedling shots are boring, but I will probably just continue to document relentlessly.

Waking up again this morning to 80 degree temperatures on the beach! Couldn't have been a better time to start a crop for fall/winter time
IMG_032825.jpg

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom