Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

For the record, these buds from harvest #1 + the hash in a vapor bowl gets me incapacitated heavily, heavy onset and long duration. I want to note that the quality and texture and flavor of the buds as I break them up, I have really outdone myself with harvest #1, this is better than anything I've ever produced. All that TLC, amendments, no rot on that one, and the Flushing Solution, worked out good. The strain puffs incredibly in the first 1-4 hits, tasty sour Earthy flavor, although while very potent in the hits, the flavor diminishes. I'm pretty sure this is one of the exact strains I grew last years, although this years batch is way way better. I'm contributing that to flowering in High UV (early summer) versus late summer (fall) where the angle of the sun would provide a bit less of a high on the UV index.

I'm blown away :bigtoke:

The trim from the purps extraction
Update510_00816.jpg
Update510_00915.jpg
Update510_01014.jpg
Update510_01113.jpg
Update510_01210.jpg

Some shots of the drying purps
Update510_0175.jpg
Update510_0148.jpg
Update510_0155.jpg
Update510_0165.jpg
Update510_0139.jpg

Some shots of the curing buds that I am currently puffing on:blunt::blunt:
Update510_0184.jpg
Update510_0193.jpg

:Namaste:

Holy mackrel Lester that there is some pretty bud. :bravo: what kind of extraction did you do with the trim?

Holy mackrel Lester that there is some pretty bud. :bravo: what kind of extraction did you do with the trim?

Why thank you mate! The extraction was done with 99% Isopropyl alcohol, the cheap and easy way :)

Follow up note: There seems to be a lot more white stuff in this batch of hash. I'm thinking it is possible that it may actually be the DNA of the cannabis. I've done the DNA extraction of strawberries (since they're octaploid they precipitate out lots and lots of DNA). It looks like a white gooey stuff. The solvent for the strawberry extraction was ethanol... and it can be done with IPA. All you need is a little bit of salt, water, and a little dish soap. I'm thinking there may have been dish soap residue left on the pyrex dish. This time I used ice cold IPA and only rinsed for ~60 seconds, twice. Wondering how this made a difference - I don't see this one being as good of a product as the last one, the amount of sugar leaves on the first was incomparable.

I'll report on how it turned out later on. Purples are already in jar and curing, surprisingly.
Have a good day partners and stay skunked :)
:peacetwo:

:goodjob:

:thanks:

Sucks on the bud rot there Lee, had that happen last indoor grow , but was winter time, great job on the salvage job, OG

Indeed, I'm glad I caught it when I did, mother nature wouldn't let me get away scott free with those purples!
Hopefully she'll lighten up come fall flowering...:wood:

The variation of terpine content was extremely noticable in this extraction of the purples, compared to the non-purps. The oils came out in a different texture ( heat of day was a factor), it is a bit more runny, but has a nutty potent smell to it. Messy stuff to work with, really have to becareful on how you do things or will lose all your product trying to transfer it into a storage vessel.

Now as for the buds, the harvest#1 of the non-purp plant is curing tremendously, astoundingly amazing, I am going to contribute some of this to the flushing solution, hard to say... The smell of the nugs when you open the jar translates to a sensational,pungent, fruity, and tropical taste and flavor. So very thrilled as you can see :)

The purps, I have tried some of the popcorn nugs that are somewhat able to be ground up, and they give me a completely different type of high, more of a workers high, but a big headie.

Update510_01015.jpg
Update510_01114.jpg
Update510_01211.jpg
Update510_01310.jpg
Update510_0149.jpg

Cheers and good day to ya!:Namaste:

That is all new to me, Les. I once used sticks to beat on plastic over buds through a sieve like the Moroccans do. I pressed the strained kif, smoked it and became very high, lol. It was difficult to keep plant matter out of the kif at first, so I used a double sieve which is used for straining wax out of honey. I like those Mendo Mulchers with a screen to catch the kif.

Belgium Ale <3. They do make the best!! Buds looking like I could smoke them all in 1 day!!!!!!!!! hard work paid off really nicely. :ganjamon:

+reps for those kick ass buds, :goodjob:

Those buds are looking oh so nice. Way to go Lester.:goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words mates! This little community means a lot to me :)
I'll be posting a photo update tomorrow on the flowering lady, tent ladies, clones, and mothers who are 5-6 feet tall by now...
They've all been drinking like a fish, and that damn brocolli plant in the container drinks 3 gallons per day, it's incredible. Should be harvesting some heirloom tomatos soon too, these ones are amazing. Like nothing you can find in the supermarket. The Tasti-Lee's have a lot of yellowing in their leaves so I'm concerned with them, I figured it was N def during flower (normal), gave them some bat guano and not much has changed, tomatos from seed are damn delicate. Already had 3-4 bean harvests surprisingly. Strawberries come in perpetual, its nice :)
:allgood:

Costco sells mixed half racks. One is something like "Belgian White Ale". Very tasty.

Whole Foods seems to carry a brown ale called the "Humboldt Brown" and it is brewed with hemp! Lovely stuff, as well as the Red Tail and Eye of the Hawk by Mendocino Brewing co.

Blue Moon used to be my favorite beer, but I drank too much of it and like to adventure around a bit with the beers.

Cheers :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom