Update510_0176.jpg
Update510_0185.jpg
Update510_0223.jpg

Hong Kong x OG mothers + the new hash settled in
Update510_0194.jpg
Update510_0203.jpg

Relaxed Lester's Garden Photos

:peacetwo:

Pretty looking ladies, but why are they in Jail????????? JK hope that keeps them buggers out GL, ++'s, and Keepem Green

Awesome pictures!

Thank you Josh!:thanks:

Pretty looking ladies, but why are they in Jail????????? JK hope that keeps them buggers out GL, ++'s, and Keepem Green

LOL Good one, thanks for the GL, I hope it keeps the damn buggers out too! Thanks for popping in buddy.

All the best!:thanks:

PS Thanks for all the reps from you kind people!!:peace:

I'm falling in love with my flowering lady, she's gonna be sexy. I defoliated her a bit today to open up air flow, and allow more light to the lower shoots. Gave her a a heavy feeding of TigerBloom, now's the time! About to water the tent ladies with a Dr.Earth tea, as well as the mothers. Gotta clear out some dead weeds in the adjacent planter beds, that is where "over-wintering borers" will like to hide. I always see the moth's scatter out of areas like this. As well as the lemon tree, they're always in there. I will probably set the moth trap in there and see what it catches come peak flight times

PS: Been vaporizing the purples, just the small popcorn nugs for now, they seem to hit nice and strong, yet smooth. To me, it's the dream purple strain I've been looking for. Tastes purple, smells purple, and the high is purple - boy did I get lucky with these seeds! Number one thing now is weather watchin, everything is left up to mother nature. Beach growin is risky in those terms, lots of random weather systems (hot humid ones..) that flow right in from the south, and swoop on out back to the ocean, since we're essentially on a point. We'll see what she has in store...:Namaste::dreamy:

I just love looking at your photos .great outdoor garden. I had a big bug on one of mine the other day, It looked like a dark brown grasshopper. It had a moth in its mouth. So I figured it was a good bug. :cheer:

I just love looking at your photos .great outdoor garden. I had a big bug on one of mine the other day, It looked like a dark brown grasshopper. It had a moth in its mouth. So I figured it was a good bug. :cheer:

Thank you bozzo! Glad to hear you got things hunting moths, that can never hurt! :high-five:

Such a wonderful day I could not resist taking more photos, the humidity has lowered, and I had to get in there and do some MAJOR PRUNING. I took off branches today, a lot of lower ones, I needed to get better airflow, this revegging crap is really gonna make humidity problems, these things are gonna need constant haircuts. I found a little bit of mold in one of the plants, the one i heavily pruned and cut multiple tops off. Gotta do what ya gotta do, I figure by trimming/pruning more now it will potentially save me heart break later when I find a ton of mold... gotta do everything in my power to prevent it.

Update510_01017.jpg
Update510_01116.jpg
Update510_01213.jpg
Update510_01312.jpg
Update510_01411.jpg
Update510_0157.jpg

Wow Lester your grow is looking very nice. Those nugs look really delicious. reps coming at you.

There are so many atrocious species of moth that exist within the heart of the butterfly community. Being a butterfly preserve, there is diverse species of butterflies, specifically an endangered one that is being protected. However, the moths are out of control, with so many different brutal species, pheromones become very selective, and may not take care of the problem. I used to be sure I had the European Corn borer, but I'm thinking the Codling moth is another possibility. Either way, there are probably 5 different brutal moth species that come out right at dusk. They're gonna go straight for those buds I know the feeling...

When I was smelling the fresh buds as I trimmed the last harvest, the literal smell brought back worm memories, luckily this time the worms were absent - that's probably the best feeling. I'm really convinced it's very very tough to pull out a successful harvest where I am (outdoors). Other people, up north, don't seem to have that huge of a problem I guess, I mean some people (Jorge Cervantes, etc) have over 75 plants that produce over 10 pounds each, I wonder what portion of that, or how much can be lost to worms like this. I know he says use the granular form of BT, I may try this, but if the buds are in the inner buds feeding, the odds of them coming over a BT crystal sitting on an outside fan leaf seems slim.

Being that these things bore into inner crevices ASAP, spraying becomes difficult, and the only option I see is to spray the buds while risking budrot from high humidity..hmmm... Well I will be setting up a Codling Moth trap or 2 when the plants start putting out buds, we'll see what I catch from that, but I'm still skating on thin ice I feel. Two major problems in the future seem to be mold from humidity, and unexpected worm infestation. To only be able to grow like this once a year - it becomes absolutely unacceptable to see the worms, but I suppose its part of the outdoor package as well. Seeing one will bring back bad memories...
You people may be tuned into the "Worm Entertainment Network" by the time this thing is said and done. I don't think I could really jinx it at this point....:dreamy::peace:

Subbed. Great job going there. Just looked back over your first outdoor and it looked awesome.

You mentioned the cold weather and I thought I seen you were in California. I am in Central Valley and planted large portion of my grow on 4/20. Now I am really having major issues with heat and watering.

Hi and Welcome Aboard!:welcome: Thanks for the kind words too. The "cool weather" we get is from the onshore flow from the ocean, basically growing right by the beach which presents its challenges but has its rewards. Still gets into the 80s sometimes though. They still do go through water very quickly in the heat though, as you know...just another facet that comes along with the outdoor package of mother nature :)

Subbed. Great job going there. Just looked back over your first outdoor and it looked awesome.

You mentioned the cold weather and I thought I seen you were in California. I am in Central Valley and planted large portion of my grow on 4/20. Now I am really having major issues with heat and watering.

I've had some plants that just can't take full sun all day. I plant in areas where there will be shade provided by brush or make a screen of shade cloth tied to two sticks you can position for the benefit of the plant.

Lester, I mentioned it in my 2013 Sun Grown thread about what I found on one of my plants the other day. It was a silken web material much finer than a spider web. I thought it was mold or fungus at first, but after clipping off the affected part of the lower branch, I peeled the substance back and saw the leaf was chewed through. I saw no culprit. I'm thinking it was one of those little brown worms about 1/4 " long and about the circumference of 14 gauge wire. Are those worms one of those Borer Moth larvae? The rest of the plant looks fine.

I've had some plants that just can't take full sun all day. I plant in areas where there will be shade provided by brush or make a screen of shade cloth tied to two sticks you can position for the benefit of the plant.

Lester, I mentioned it in my 2013 Sun Grown thread about what I found on one of my plants the other day. It was a silken web material much finer than a spider web. I thought it was mold or fungus at first, but after clipping off the affected part of the lower branch, I peeled the substance back and saw the leaf was chewed through. I saw no culprit. I'm thinking it was one of those little brown worms about 1/4 " long and about the circumference of 14 gauge wire. Are those worms one of those Borer Moth larvae? The rest of the plant looks fine.

I wouldn't be too worried about the borers until mid to late flower. But early precautions are the best bet in avoiding them. You typically don't see them laying eggs at all, since there are basically 1st generation mating (peak flight time #1) and 2nd generation (peak flight time #2). They really look for the aromatic flower heads to lay their eggs in, and since that's part of the 2nd generation of mating in the season, they'll be more apparent in September/October... the worms do travel with a silk string, they swing from branch to branch to travel... it's possible you have a larger caterpillar roaming the area, the larger one's travel and swing by silk strings as well, and the larger ones are more of the leaf muncher type. It's the smaller worms that love to dig into the buds and hide within the dark,safe,warm, crevices, away from the light. Either way I wouldn't be worried about a leaf or two here and there, it's really when flowers set in that I begin to worry. The plants can seem perfectly fine from the outside, but unless each bud is inspected thoroughly, one may find a massive worm infestation.

Mike, try releasing some lady bugs on your plants, the ones that find food/water will stay and mate, hopefully colonizing your plants and protecting them in the future, they should eat the eggs that the moth's lay.

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom