Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

It's 100% natural medicine, I don't bring them "inside" or anything because I don't grow indoors (other than to vegetate and take clones). However, during the Spring-time I have a force flower routine that entails me putting the potted plants in a dark chamber for a certain period of time, but that's only to deprive them of light.

Everything is in the hands of mother nature. :Namaste:

I totally respect your loyalty to the wisdom of mother nature.

Good job on picking a warm sunshine filled lap of nature to grow in.

Everything is going well with the flowering specimens. They trooped through the storms so far, and loved it. I always noticed that a good rain helps them develop the floral clusters. I think it stimulates them in some way, perhaps the female pistils sense and interpret the wet rain as a threat to the spread of potential pollen. Therefore, as a response, they grow longer pistils in order to better the chances of pollination. Just my hypothesis though. :volcano-smiley:

Storm 3 moved out after raining all night long, they arose to some nice and clear Sunshine. I shook the stems to take off the residual water from inside the developing buds. UD is becoming more and more purple, which is nice. :cheer:

From comparison, there is a huge difference between natural winter flowering and regular spring/summer flowering. In the winter, growth rates are a lot slower, there is less pistils, yields and buds are a lot smaller. However, there is no difference in the quality of the medicine, it comes out as good, sometimes even better than other seasonal batches. A positive is that the winter flowers get no bugs at all, too cold for them all, spring/summer you see a lot of bugs flying around, as expected with warmer temperatures which are more conducive to the insect eggs hatching.

The JD/UD right now are producing a lot of trichomes, and sugar leaves. I can see they have put out small, but nice little "flower skeletons", and hopefully we can get those sites to swell and grow to an acceptable size in due time.

Really looking forward to another trip around the Sun and some Spring flowers :Namaste:

:surf:

Couple pics of the cured Swiss Cheese. Though it doesn't have the best appeal, it is by far made up for in the flavor department. Normally it comes out as a sort of fruity piney mixture, however since this was a late harvest (end of November) batch, the flavors became more like a bubble-gum/fruit/menthol mixture, it's really interesting and cured real good. It's treating me very well and I'm quite happy with the way it turned out, especially for only ~45 days of flower :)

IMG_62218.JPG
IMG_62225.JPG

. . .
there is a huge difference between natural winter flowering and regular spring/summer flowering. In the winter, growth rates are a lot slower, there is less pistils, yields and buds are a lot smaller. However, there is no difference in the quality of the medicine, it comes out as good, sometimes even better than other seasonal batches.

I'm getting lower than expected yields, but excellent quality from my girls grown indoor in an artficial environment. The only measurable difference is 5-6 degrees cooler during the lights out hours . Do you think they might know and respond to the season outside?

I'm getting lower than expected yields, but excellent quality from my girls grown indoor in an artficial environment. The only measurable difference is 5-6 degrees cooler during the lights out hours . Do you think they might know and respond to the season outside?

It's quite possible!

:volcano-smiley:

Hey Les, might as well grab a seat while I can. I know this bus doesn't stop for you know - seasons. :)

Welcome aboard mate! :ciao: Good analogy ;)

Much love and respect Les, thanks for having me. Your dawgs look dog gone delicious, all year round too. I'm excited to see what's next for you in 2016 :Namaste:

Much Love CS! :thanks: It may very well be a wet Spring due to El Nino, but I'm looking forward to the warmer temperatures, and so are my specimens! :Namaste: :surf:

Looks like the kid's enjoyed to day out........... Don't know why yet but 420 isn't updated my sub's lately. But Keepem Green

Thanks Dr. Bob and NW! :thanks:

This lil' Blackberry clone has found some vigor in her. The only manipulation I gave her was being fimmed once, and just one LST string that was used to tie her back. Turned into a nice little natural bush, looking forward to this Spring-time specimen. :surf:

IMG_62516.JPG

:Namaste:

Been awhile since I updated on the flowering ladies, so here they are. UD (less purple) is doing better in terms of production. JD (more purple) is just a straight up beautiful plant.

IMG_62524.JPG
IMG_62535.JPG
IMG_62543.JPG
IMG_62557.JPG
IMG_62564.JPG
IMG_62575.JPG
IMG_62586.JPG
IMG_62596.JPG

:Namaste:

Majestic magentas Les. :love:
:thanks: :circle-of-love:

Magestic seems like a good word to describe Lester's plants. They just look perfect to me. :biglaugh:

Do you have a polariser you can stick over the lens? They're great for cutting reflections and boosting colours on foliage.

:thanks: I don't ;) I'm a dinosaur - using a 5 year old camera phone to take my pics! :) Comes out good enough I think :thumb:

wow i cant get over the fact of how stunning they look :)
looking at your plants makes me wanna move close to earths equator and start growing outside yearound :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom