Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

After a thorough inspection of the UD, I have found (minimal) patches of botrytis mold growing within some of the buds. Given that the flowers are relatively frosted with trichomes, I decided to chop the UD to prevent further loss.

IMG_62977.JPG

Found a lil' bit of stem rot on one of the JD's but overall they look good, pretty frosty, so will be chopping JD next, and that'll be it for winter flowers. They've actually made a lot of progress in the last 2 weeks, finally turned into something appreciable. :volcano-smiley:

Better to cut losses than try to keep on with that stuff. Nasty stuff. You know it's what shuts me down every year. But you've been doin great the last few years. Sorry to hear bout the rott. But least ya got some product in. I use my early cuts for butter here. Congrad's
Keepem Green

Better to cut losses than try to keep on with that stuff. Nasty stuff. You know it's what shuts me down every year. But you've been doin great the last few years. Sorry to hear bout the rott. But least ya got some product in. I use my early cuts for butter here. Congrad's
Keepem Green

It was definitely less rot than it could have been considering how it's been cold and rainy for a long time. I'm impressed with these strains and their hardiness. After all, I wasn't expecting the best most well formed buds for a winter grow, so I'm grateful for a bunch of frosted sugar leaf. It does smell real good and stinky. Thanks for the support NW, if anyone knows about the treachery of fungus, it's you! :thanks: I'm hoping we can see some sustained 70 degree temps so I can get ready to release a Spring batch :surf:

I have never seen plants look that purple. Looks like purple foil!

Wow!
Bob

It's a beautiful sight isn't it? Now time to get ready for the Spring time. Might need to release a few specimens just to get something in flower as soon as possible. Still need to take clones off the veggers to get a summer batch going, still coordinating how I want things to get done. :ciao:

Hello RL, Just stopping by and sorry to see that purple one chopped down. Just looking for a little inspiration and your posts and plants are just that. Not to barge in on you but I just had to share this with you. She broke ground 8 days ago and cant wait to see her in 10 to 15 days more. She just started doubling up yesterday and cant wait to see all hell brake lose....love that newbie feeling of what next!!

002ab.jpg

002a4.jpg

I had no idea what a Autoflower or Ruderalis was till I stumbled on your earlier journals ...but I am really starting to like them. Hope your world stays green and abundant with the new years growth. And will be a pleasure to come and see the magic.....
...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: ;)

Hello RL, Just stopping by and sorry to see that purple one chopped down. Just looking for a little inspiration and your posts and plants are just that. Not to barge in on you but I just had to share this with you. She broke ground 8 days ago and cant wait to see her in 10 to 15 days more. She just started doubling up yesterday and cant wait to see all hell brake lose....love that newbie feeling of what next!!

I had no idea what a Autoflower or Ruderalis was till I stumbled on your earlier journals ...but I am really starting to like them. Hope your world stays green and abundant with the new years growth. And will be a pleasure to come and see the magic.....
...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: ;)

Thanks for the positive energy, goofy! Good luck with your plant! :goodluck:

Another look at some of the assorted Spring veggies (been cloning the clones of all these strains for roughly 1-2 years now). Getting ready to take another batch of clones and then release them for some potential Spring flowers

Underdawg
IMG_63179.JPG

Blackberry
IMG_63187.JPG

Jack Dawg
IMG_63206.JPG

Swiss Cheese
IMG_63195.JPG

Great color. Did you veg these indoors?

Yes, I vegetate and clone inside under CFLs. Only way to veg throughout the winter :) But everything ultimately gets "released" and flowered naturally outside. :thumb:

Small update on the ladies. Two specimens (one Swiss Cheese and one Underdawg) were released into flower approximately a week ago, have been waiting for the temperatures to go up before I take a wave of clones and pretty much release the rest. Planning on getting that done pretty soon, at which point I'll also start germinating some seeds. Outside temps at night still dropping to about 40 F

In the (potential) flower photo period, Swiss Cheese
IMG_63278.JPG

UD
IMG_63287.JPG

Still vegging

UD
IMG_63226.JPG
IMG_63235.JPG

JD
IMG_63267.JPG

BB
IMG_63249.JPG

SC
IMG_63259.JPG

They have successfully recovered from a micro nutrient deficiency.

I didn't notice you mentioning it but with temps that low at night do you also see your flowering times stretch out and take a bit longer?

Beautiful as always in your garden!
Bob ;)

Thanks for the kind words Dr. Bob. The last crop (winter flowers) went real slow and obviously bud growth potential was hindered, however trichome production was pretty much normal! After all, you don't really expect big heavyweight buds to be produced during the the natural winter in California, Hawaii can get away with it though. The real issue is though, if its really cold (~40-60 F) throughout the entire flowering cycle, it does hinder the growth rates and yield. But if the daytime temps are nice and warm and conditions are good during the onset of flower (the beginning), when the flower heads become "centralized" with great pistil growth, then usually the plant can produce decent sized buds, even with such cold nighttime temps. You really just need a few weeks of great temps to "set the flowers" and then once the heads are formed you can still produce a great bud, even with cold night time temps. :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom