Hey Azimuth! Some great ideas, thanks!
There's no room unfortunately inside the tent- but I have been considering thermal batteries to help with temp swings inside the garage.

I do like where your thoughts are...I've been considering something very akin to what your suggesting...

And I may have a line on a cheap XL water container, 900L or so...- the bargaining has begun on it this morning (Though that's going to be to keep the RO system fed, and nothing to do with heating).

I think it'll be useful for winter when it dips very low in evenings, it may take some of the load off the furnace out there. Cause I think I'll have no choice but to fire it up come true cold temps (-10c and below). Even if I'm looking at the main purpose being for the RO system, I think as a secondary function that will help.

That was one of the first tricks I learned back when using a HPS/MH. It does deserve repeating for those who haven't thought of it!
The big thing is with using water as a thermal battery is that it still is going to cost a lot. Where I live electricity is ridiculously expensive, and some form of energy is needed to heat the water.

That kind of system (barrels of water), paired with a solar system would be a worthy combination - use aquarium heaters in the day for free, and release the heat back at night

Hey Verbalist! There's some great RDWC builds on here. I'd check out Multivortex's journal (he's no longer active on here, but did a great job on his system and documented it well. Bluter also did some great write ups on RDWC builds and how to do them on on budget.

I've noticed some of the leaves are already getting coated with trichomes. With the amount of trichomes, the BB may be a good candidate for Pressing into rosin when the time comes.
Would there be any way you could integrate maybe one solar panel outdoors and use that to heat the barrels? I have a buddy who sells them and one isn't that expensive. It is a long term thing.

Would there be any way you could integrate maybe one solar panel outdoors and use that to heat the barrels? I have a buddy who sells them and one isn't that expensive. It is a long term thing.
Actually a solar system is hopefully going to be installed in the spring. Right now in Canada there is a grant to help pay for it, and I want to take advantage....I just won't have the down-payment until spring. The caveat to the program is that:
Must be a Canadian vendor
Must be installed by Canadian contractors
and a few other caveats, but you get the drift....
And thanks for the measurement 18” I’ll move a little higher in about hour . Sugar is pouring out of that second pic . Beautiful !
Thanks West!
I'm surprised that I have had no light burn, and most of the stretch has stopped. I'm keeping a close eye on the tallest cola, calling it my "canary in the mine".

There are two different ways to heat the water from a solar system.

The first is with regular solar electric panels to create electricity and then use that electricity to power a heater of some sort.

The more efficient way is to use a recirculating loop that runs the liquid both through the solar panel and the storage bank.

The latter uses pipes in the solar collector (obviously) rather than photoelectric panels.

For heating, the second is much more efficient. But also more limited since you can't use the hot water to power electric devices.

Hey Verbalist! There's some great RDWC builds on here. I'd check out Multivortex's journal (he's no longer active on here, but did a great job on his system and documented it well. Bluter also did some great write ups on RDWC builds and how to do them on on budget.
Yup seems like I gott start planning whole fucking thing again.. If u mind take a quick peek at my diary. dont even know if I want the confirmation about bananas…

I'd check out Multivortex's journal (he's no longer active on here, but did a great job on his system and documented it well. Bluter also did some great write ups on RDWC builds and how to do them on on budget.
Yup seems like I gott start planning whole fucking thing again.. If u mind take a quick peek at my diary. dont even know if I want the confirmation about bananas…
My fave RWDC setup is Rider509's here! Can't says that it was done on a budget though. :)

My fave RWDC setup is Rider509's here! Can't says that it was done on a budget though. :)
Hadn't seen that one from Rider, thanks Shed, bookmarked!

Poor Rider, he flipped into flower, and never was heard from again.

Must've forgotten his machete.

Ahoy there!
Hi Rex, I hope to get caught up by tonight reading your journal. I had a smile I wish you could have seen as I peeked in your tent with seeds in clay pebbles getting splashed. Never ever seen anything like that. I have little knowledge about adding water to the equation. I am the guy who takes water away. Don't be surprised by awkward questions.

Dang, ifin I was organized like Rex... Wow bro :love:

There are two different ways to heat the water from a solar system.

The first is with regular solar electric panels to create electricity and then use that electricity to power a heater of some sort.

The more efficient way is to use a recirculating loop that runs the liquid both through the solar panel and the storage bank.

The latter uses pipes in the solar collector (obviously) rather than photoelectric panels.

For heating, the second is much more efficient. But also more limited since you can't use the hot water to power electric devices.
Thanks Azi, I've actually looked at those solar collectors, and trust me- there will be some at my house in due time. Solar panels for power will have to come first. But I do like how you think in ways of self sufficiency.

Journal Update

Flower Day 38
Day 77 above ground

Tent temp: 24C
Tent RH%: 40-60% (set now to continously remove RH)
Previous PPM: 936 PPM
Current PPM: 958 PPM
Adjusted PPM to: 981 PPM (ph adjusted)
PH: 6.0
Res temp: 20.0C
Water level: steady downwards, slowed a bit- res change is due.

Well the Vapor barrier is now up, and a noticeable difference in that corner of the garage can now be felt. I've just hung it loose for now, as I'm slowly putting aside building materials for the grow room (painfully slow).

I've waited till now to show the Corner of Shame. I kid, but it's an ugly corner, windburnt to an almost crisp. But while many would worry, or say it looks like a deficiency or lockout, the truth is it's what windburn looks like. Between the AC/heater, fans, and the dehumidifier, that spot gets tons of dry wind. It's the cost of the equipment being inside the tent, and from my experience on my last grow, mainly effects the esthetics of that corner of the tent. That's all. Who knows...maybe it even helps trichome production? Now wouldn't that be nice:battingeyelashes:
Here it is:
And to show a cola with some windburn on the bottom:

I've worked out the details with Dabpress- and hopefully next month will see its arrival, a few things to be done first. It will get its own thread, and be an open thread for all Dabpress users to share photos, methods and to help answer any questions. And will have @West Hippie and myself working together to show some love and support for the wonderful folks at Dabpress, who have been active sponsors for the forum for some time now. The final details will be in the opening of the thread ;)

And the next big announcement, this journal is going to have an added twist.

The Bruce Banner Auto is going to experience an intentional drought. If you haven't had the chance, and you want to learn some really interesting stuff on taking your trichome production up a level, and learn about increasing yield as well, you really should take a peek at the incredible work being done by Maritimer and some folks on his thread. I'm not going to try to explain further, as I'll probably muck it up, but instead I urge you to take a few minutes and read up on what their doing in that thread :reading420magazine::adore:

IntheShed also has done a drought recently and you can read up on it here.
StoneOtter has also participated and his plant was massive (although he applied some other techniques).

And with that being said, Welcome aboard @Maritimer
Ahoy there!
Hi Rex, I hope to get caught up by tonight reading your journal. I had a smile I wish you could have seen as I peeked in your tent with seeds in clay pebbles getting splashed. Never ever seen anything like that. I have little knowledge about adding water to the equation. I am the guy who takes water away. Don't be surprised by awkward questions.

Dang, ifin I was organized like Rex... Wow bro :love:
No such thing as an awkward question Maritimer, and questions are encouraged and appreciated. I know I do things differently in approaches, but at its heart, it's just simple hydroponics with some beneficial bacteria and fungi.
I will always say what I know, what I think and what is my guess. But some of the kind folks following, luckily are much more knowledgeable and anyone is always welcome to jump in with thoughts/answers.

So, with the upcoming planned drought, there will be even more photos then usual...hope you all enjoy!

Thanks Azi, I've actually looked at those solar collectors, and trust me- there will be some at my house in due time. Solar panels for power will have to come first. But I do like how you think in ways of self sufficiency.

Journal Update

Flower Day 38
Day 77 above ground

Well the Vapor barrier is now up, and a noticeable difference in that corner of the garage can now be felt. I've just hung it loose for now, as I'm slowly putting aside building materials for the grow room (painfully slow).

I've waited till now to show the Corner of Shame. I kid, but it's an ugly corner, windburnt to an almost crisp. But while many would worry, or say it looks like a deficiency or lockout, the truth is it's what windburn looks like. Between the AC/heater, fans, and the dehumidifier, that spot gets tons of dry wind. It's the cost of the equipment being inside the tent, and from my experience on my last grow, mainly effects the esthetics of that corner of the tent. That's all. Who knows...maybe it even helps trichome production? Now wouldn't that be nice:battingeyelashes:
Here it is:

I've worked out the details with Dabpress- and hopefully next month will see its arrival, a few things to be done first. It will get its own thread, and be an open thread for all Dabpress users to share photos, methods and to help answer any questions. And will have @West Hippie and myself working together to show some love and support for the wonderful folks at Dabpress, who have been active sponsors for the forum for some time now. The final details will be in the opening of the thread ;)

The Bruce Banner Auto is going to experience an intentional drought. If you haven't had the chance, and you want to learn some really interesting stuff on taking your trichome production up a level, and learn about increasing yield as well, you really should take a peek at the incredible work being done by Maritimer and some folks on his thread. I'm not going to try to explain further, as I'll probably muck it up, but instead I urge you to take a few minutes and read up on what their doing in that thread :reading420magazine::adore:

StoneOtter has also participated and his plant was massive (although he applied some other techniques).

No such thing as an awkward question Maritimer, and questions are encouraged and appreciated. I know I do things differently in approaches, but at its heart, it's just simple hydroponics with some beneficial bacteria and fungi.
I will always say what I know, what I think and what is my guess. But some of the kind folks following, luckily are much more knowledgeable and anyone is always welcome to jump in with thoughts/answers.

So, with the upcoming planned drought, there will be even more photos then usual...hope you all enjoy!

U and Hippe together only a win win :cool:

Journal Update

Flower Day 38
Day 77 above ground

Here it is:

Damn auto expert. Now you're going to drought one too? You are the MAN. I can't wait to see this. Also great info on what wind burn actually looks like, I was wondering that. I have it on the one spot on the Hulkberry and Slurricane where they both get blasted by the big rotating boy, but as you said, that seems to be the cost of admission. I also think it matters not at all beyond the visual, and yeah, maybe that one bud gets a trichome boost! Great post. Can't wait to see this.

Wow the girls are looking great , ready to get home and see what mine look like . I pulled the press out of moth balls Wednesday anticipating this and all I’ve got to say is hell yeah .

This has gotten even more exciting, which didn't seem possible with a set of auto-flowers that good looking!
Thanks Shed, I'm stoked to try this. And in soooo curious as to how it's going to play out.
They look gorgeous. Corner of shame rofl.
Thanks Donkey, hehe I'm glad you enjoyed that. Corner of Shame reminds me of "Dug's Cone of Shame" :rofl: , I couldn't resist.
U and Hippe together only a win win :cool:
West is the man. And I've been drooling over having a press for sometime now. Especially with some CBD in the plans for a spring grow.
Damn auto expert. Now you're going to drought one too? You are the MAN. I can't wait to see this. Also great info on what wind burn actually looks like, I was wondering that. I have it on the one spot on the Hulkberry and Slurricane where they both get blasted by the big rotating boy, but as you said, that seems to be the cost of admission. I also think it matters not at all beyond the visual, and yeah, maybe that one bud gets a trichome boost! Great post. Can't wait to see this.
Thanks Jon, though I'm far from an expert in anything :laughtwo:
The windburn part is something I've had planned for a while now. I was just waiting till the plants were a bit bigger, to help show that its nothing to loose sleep over. Every grow of mine has had windburn, even when in the cabinet on my first grows (I shoved a tower fan in horizontally).
I'm really excited to try a controlled drought. And I think it'll be interesting to see if using hydroton as a medium will help with a quicker recovery.
Wow the girls are looking great , ready to get home and see what mine look like . I pulled the press out of moth balls Wednesday anticipating this and all I’ve got to say is hell yeah .
Thanks West- none of it would be happening without you. And I've been staring non stop at the picture of the press I'm getting :rofl:, I think it's safe to say I'm anxious to try it

Ahoy There,
Your garden looks awesome and by my thinking your corner of shame is a good start. Big time believer in plant fitness. It would be sweet if the Bruce Banner is the nearest cultivar to this corner of shame as the rock and roll plus temp swings will help the pretty plant avoid being a candyass. This may be particularly important to consider as your ladies are already living a pampered life. Hydro girls going to the gym. Love this stuff.

I am not in a tent but it is like one only bigger. I run window fans on them.

181512 is the kind of shots we will need.

Ahoy There,
Your garden looks awesome and by my thinking your corner of shame is a good start. Big time believer in plant fitness. It would be sweet if the Bruce Banner is the nearest cultivar to this corner of shame as the rock and roll plus temp swings will help the pretty plant avoid being a candyass. This may be particularly important to consider as your ladies are already living a pampered life. Hydro girls going to the gym. Love this stuff.

I am not in a tent but it is like one only bigger. I run window fans on them.
'Morning Maritimer! You beat me to the punch! I've been considering how to document it on both our threads.

How does a day by day in here sound, with an extra long post on yours at the end?
I'll post it to your thread in a long post filled with pictures and play by play.

I was thinking this way it would keep everything on this part of the experiment in your thread as well, but in a condensed format so that your readers will see it all in one shot without having to scroll through a bunch of posts? I'm open for however you would like brother.

Hehe my ladies aren't too pampered, they've been getting crazy temp and crazy RH swings and I'm none too gentle with them. But I'm totally willing to take it next level :green_heart:
181512 is the kind of shots we will need.
181512 &
180958? (This one will be easiest to have a consistent picture angle, as the camera was sitting on the Scrog frame).
The 181512 (or interior view along one branch) is a great choice for the LWA.

181512 &
180958? (This one will be easiest to have a consistent picture angle, as the camera was sitting on the Scrog frame).
The 181512 (or interior view along one branch) is a great choice for the LWA.
958 could also help using right rear cola. just have to be sure as leaf wilts nothing hits the scrog interfering with the wilt. you have such a nice and clean thread here. My thread is more of a work zone and my sloppyness is less obvious. You post any and all you want at my place but lets keep this looking GJOM

My mentor is a Auto guru. @farside05 taught me how to make my medium @fauxProMix HP and showed me where to buy dry cal/mag and dry potassium silicate. This has saved me big dollars, and like many of us on this medical site I live mainly on disability.

Back
Top Bottom