Sabo's 2nd Grow Darkstar Project One Plant Only

:welcome: Hash Hound!

How long did you Veg & Flower? Total dry yield?

I'm afraid where I live, if I try to do it completely outside, I might be forced to proceed with an early harvest, which I absolutely do not want to do. We do get early frosts in my area or on the other hand, we can get a great Indian summer! If it looks like an Indian summer, maybe I'll try & finish outside! If it looks like last year did, 'The Beast from the East" is going into "Lock Down"!

last grow i did 3 weeks veg and 10 weeks flower. 63g
before that I did 4 weeks veg and at 8th week flower bad bud rot, harvested 9th week. 60g That was grown untopped, and that is why i topped her the second time. lost a few g's to bud rot. huge thick main cola

when I grow her again, I will shot for minimum 8 cola like the Cheese I am growing now, each cola is like a mini plant. I am going to post beginning to end pics soon in the defol thread. I have posted there a few times and will show the whole grow when i'm done Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?

dont gage your yield on mine if you are going to veg for 4 months.

we live near the same mountains and I know what you mean about finishing outdoors. That's why I'd love to have a greenhouse and have an extended season.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: great entrance BAR!:high-five: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

that caused an audible outburst for me, amazing how funny one bag of pop2 can be!
That's my version of subbed; Means I'm watching.

Trichs, you're are a "Special Guest" to me!

Just like all of the other "Special People" that have assembled here! All of them, each & every one is "Special" to me, because everyone of them have offered their knowledge and advice since i came to :420:. Some have been with me since day one, some I just became friends with, I am hoping to make some new friends also! That's what it is all about!

I just wanted to single you out, because of what you are accomplishing with "Fluxy" is very, very special at this moment in time.

Yeah, I'm still a "Noob", I prefer "New Grower", but you are allowed to call me a "Noob". You earned that right in my eyes Brother!:high-five:

:Namaste:

thats all it takes SABO:thumb:, just tell me once, i will not use the n word again :rip: NOOB :circle-of-love:

Hey SABO this is going to be fun, lots of heavy hitters here.
I'm guessing that Trics is going to use your broom since he pawned your blower.

60:high-five: u should get permission to call members "tricks" in this well managed yard, lol &

leafblower smack is between S & trichs :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

good to see you representing here 60:high-five:

CONGRATS on over 300 "shows of appreciation in 12 hours SABO:thumb:

As you can well see, IMHO I think I have some of the Best Growers on 420 following my little project. I am glad to see all of you here & am so pleased knowing that you will be helping me out! This site is Awesome! :yahoo:

Each & everyone of you are Top Notch Growers with awesome skills & are definitely Masters in Key areas of Growing & Techniques. With that said, I am going to have to master some of these advanced skills myself in order for this to be successful. I am hoping & wishing for a combined effort. Also, there are a couple of other "New Growers, like myself" subscribed and I am sure that this is going to be one hell of a college education.

It's going to be roughly a 6 1/2 month project, so let's just try & keep it at a nice steady pace to make sure I don't tire out.

Alright, I already have seen some good info that has been suggested & I want to do some research, before I comment on those suggestions!

Have a Great Day!

One more little thing I would like to suggest. Beneficial organisms or "Bennys". It's just a powder you mix with the water. Provides a symbiotic relationship with the roots, helping the plants metabolize all the macro and micro nutrients. Your described situation is really screaming for this simple and organic amendment.I run passive hydro and I swear by the stuff.

There's many brands...one popular product has a pic of a great white shark on the label. For the last year or so I've been using Botanicare ZHO. There's something like a dozen or so species in there. Just mix in 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of the power with each watering up till advanced flowering. It really does make a difference and the soilless mix you described will easily be inoculated;(that's a good thing).

This is an awesome share Josh! Thank you!

Does anyone else have any recommendations in regards to amendments/additives? I switched from FFOF to Pro-Mix for this grow. I am still researching organic nutes, but have read tons of info that if the soiless mixture is prepped properly, nutes are not necessarily required, as least not as much.

Now, since I already have the seedling sprouted, I don't think I'll have that much time to cook a mixture, so if anyone could suggest how I can make a nice, quick nutritious mixture it would be greatly appreciated.

I think I would like to have this topic discussed in some detail in the next couple of days, so if anyone has some great ideas or time, please chime in!

:thanks:

Hey sabo was thinking for transporting the monster on flat ground,you could use a skateboard be easier than carrying it,god help you mate i have trouble fitting my ladies thru doors as it is and i have only vegged for a few days under 8 weeks i have to make myself the size of a umpa lumpa (charlie and chocolate factory) to get them under the door frame it's quite funny to watch well according to my boy it is ! ha ha !!

Re: no better fish to make your own fertilizer

I used fish emulsion for my very first indoor grow, stinky as it sounds, nasty bug attracting potion, but very effective for N boost & aggressive growth! 60 days from 3" rooted clone to done. I choose not to use it outside, too many critters might dig for, or breed in that smelly residue.:peace:

Thank you Trichs for the comment. I have black bear, bobcats, coyotes, fox, coons, possums & and all other kinds of critters in my woods, so I have to stay away from the fish. I am constructing a chicken wire pen on my spot to keep the deer & bunny rabbits from munching. Also, I still do have synthetic bear urine, that will be sprayed around the grow site to try and attempt to keep the Whitetail at bay. I'll also be providing some of my own natural scent around the site when I have have the urge! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you Trichs for the comment. I have black bear, bobcats, coyotes, fox, coons, possums & and all other kinds of critters in my woods, so I have to stay away from the fish. I am constructing a chicken wire pen on my spot to keep the deer & bunny rabbits from munching. Also, I still do have synthetic bear urine, that will be sprayed around the grow site to try and attempt to keep the Whitetail at bay. I'll also be providing some of my own natural scent around the site when I have have the urge! :cheesygrinsmiley:

You have almost exactly the problems I am going to have with outside grow. I have a corral with 9' high fencing, I will make use of that.
My biggest problem is the deer. I have some fox urine here from hunting days, hadn't thought of using that....might as well give it a go. LOL
I'll be watching the progress here. :)

Hey sabo was thinking for transporting the monster on flat ground,you could use a skateboard be easier than carrying it,god help you mate i have trouble fitting my ladies thru doors as it is and i have only vegged for a few days under 8 weeks i have to make myself the size of a umpa lumpa (charlie and chocolate factory) to get them under the door frame it's quite funny to watch well according to my boy it is ! ha ha !!

Good morning VG,

Am going to try and keep her a 48'' Max, so I'm not worried too much about the height. Am more worried about the width. Yes, when she is back indoors, I'll need a dolly or skateboard, so I can get her outside for her occasional flush! She'll be to big for the bath tub!

:high-five:

:welcome: Cannafan!

:thanks: for coming by! I appreciate your comments & advice! Pop in & out when you have time, I know that you have tons of stuff to do helping out greeting new members to :420:

..... how do you get to seven pages in a day or 2 ...... :reading420magazine:

Well, good question....LOL. I sent out quite a few invites to members who have/are helping me on my 1st Grow, which is nearing it's completion, & wasn't really expecting all of them to show up, but they sure did!

It'll slow down now since almost all of the Welcoming has been completed. There has already been some great information posted and hopefully tons more of Info to come!

Back
Top Bottom