Search for pure CBD strain to grow

PureCBD

420 Member
Hi all,

Cannabis is illegal In Denmark. However a new law from 2018 made it legal if the THC level is lower than 0.2% and it is not sold for human consumption (crazy politicians!!). I would therefore like to challenge the system, and grow a pure CBD strain (THC < 0.2%) and sell the buds as smelling flowers. Then I would have the law on my side and only doing legal production and selling. A lot of patients in Denmark demands CBD for medical purposes, but they don't want to get high of THC. If I sell a product as smelling flowers not for human consumption, i'm not responsible for what they do with it.

I have searched for a strain with less than 0.2% THC and high CBD level without succes. I can find strains with 0.27% THC and even a lot of strains with less than 1% THC, but it is still illegal to grow.

Is it possible to breed a pure CBD strain with a constant level of THC less than 0.2% THC?

Can anyone help me?

The law in Denmark says:

§ 1.3.7: Euphoric drugs not included:
Plants and parts of plants of the genus listed in list A as No. 1 (Cannabis) and preparations made from plants or seeds of the same genus, if the plant, part of the plant or preparation has a content of tetrahydrocannabinol of not more than 0.2 per cent.

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I would like to grow a nice CBD strain that can be used as medical marijuanna and also is legal to grow in Denmark.
I found this 'Swiss Dream' with the lowest THC level: THC level lower than 0.2%

You see, if I grow it at home and the police would visit me because of the smell from my growroom, it would be very important that the THC level is below 0.2%. Off course I know they would not believe me and would treat me as a criminal unfortunately :confused:

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I would like to grow a nice CBD strain that can be used as medical marijuanna and also is legal to grow in Denmark.
I found this 'Swiss Dream' with the lowest THC level: THC level lower than 0.2%

You see, if I grow it at home and the police would visit me because of the smell from my growroom, it would be very important that the THC level is below 0.2%. Off course I know they would not believe me and would treat me as a criminal unfortunately :confused:

it's a catch 22 law. they chose a level below 0.2 % because they know it's likely impossible to find.

it's like the marijuana tax stamp law in the US.
marijuana was never illegal in the US. you were allowed to grow and traffic in the states if you were issued a marijuana tax stamp from the government. they passed the law and never made or issued the stamp.

Yes you are right. But I think, if the cannabis community could breed a pure CBD strain without any THC, then people in a lot of countries could grow it and that way challenge the laws. Just my thoughts :)

pretty sure even pure hemp or ruderalis will carry close to that amount.

i dunno what you're gonna breed it under with.

Also another page another quandary on depends on what is considered THC:

So sounds like lots of potential headaches and quite possible for your Hemp to go over that. And then you get busted for growing a controlled substance at which point you might as well just been growing the real thing as risk/reward ratio different. Let alone depends on way your legal system works and what the laws are, would suck to have to sit in jail while they figure out if what you grown is legal or not as the police is going to assume it is Cannabis until proven differently (least way it goes in most parts of the US anyway).

And if you still thinking about it I would do a search like I just did and get more information as maybe something out there that says different than above links, or ones that are worse.

This thread has been moved to Seeds, Clones & Strains.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

Think you'll struggle. I've just started a red pure CBD from sweet seeds but that's still 0.4–0.5% THC. Same laws where I am and companies selling CBD flower is all hemp flower. They're advertised as up to 30% CBD too so that may be something you want to look into. Haven't looked into hemp seeds myself.

Here’s the text about CBD Gandhi...

After doing several years of selection in large numbers and based solely on the progeny seed of many combinations of parent plants, the crew have been excited to isolate and reproduce in large quantities this season’s feminized hemp seed. Saving all the cloning work it is far easier and more farmer practical to make a feminized hemp seed crop. A feminized version of a breed seed to specifications… CBD will be between 8 to 12%, THC will be >0.2%. With a fruity aroma and a strong dense series of flowering clusters it is a wonderful site to withhold in a flowering field. It will be mainly interesting to those wishing to do extractions of a terpene/cannabinoid nature. CBD concentration on the plants will range mainly between 8 -12% and in all our indoor tests of this seed we did not see any THC value higher than 0.2%. So this will be a good option for late crops in outdoor farms without cloning… Germination and pre-growth can be done in the same tray and directly to ground….so a lot of manual work is an advantage of this new seed strain. We expect that 80 % of the seeds will be densely packed flowers similar to indica type strains and 20% will be similar to the sativa side of the family tree. Expect this strain to be ready to cut after 7 weeks flowering….and to reach 1.5meters if pre-grown for only a week….happy farming!!!!”

I would look into hemp seeds. Hemp IS Marijuana, just with minimal THC production. The only difference really between the 2 is one has the ability to produce large amounts of THC, and one doesn't. There are quite a bit of hemp varieties out now in the market with different terpene profiles so you should be able to find one that meets your needs. happy growing!

There are ongoing breeding attempts to make high cbd and terpene rich varieties from hemp. And to make high cbd plants with low thc from drug varieties. It’s obviously challenging with the extremely low thc requirements.
I’ve been watching the cbd breeding for awhile. There’s a big market for somebody who can make seeds that are always high in cbd and below .02thc and have nice terpy smokeable flowers. I started this cbd thread...

I would look into quality hemp seeds that contain low amounts of THC and high amounts of other cannabinoids such as CBD and CBG. My personal favorite strains to grow some quality hemp flower is:
  • goliath
  • abacus 2.0
  • abacus diesel (my favorite)

I would look into quality hemp seeds that contain low amounts of THC and high amounts of other cannabinoids such as CBD and CBG. My personal favorite strains to grow some quality hemp flower is:
  • goliath
  • abacus 2.0
  • abacus diesel (my favorite)

Charlotte's Web is another one with very low THC. One of our sponsors carries it, just don't recall which.

older thread, but it's good to have new info added for folk looking for cbd strains.

the denmark law is loaded though. the thc level was chosen as there is nothing that will hit that low a level.

Back
Top Bottom