Seedsman Comparison Grow: CPK & Dr. Seedsman

20191230_172602.jpg

Both out of their shells now, and have some company,my first clones lol a humboldt purple trainwreck and a seedsman white widow

Damn, that doesn’t look good :( sorry CS. Any chance it’s just a bract?

I'll know for sure in a few days...still don't see any hairs on it anywhere,think it's day 11 or 12 since flip

Happy new year seedsman. Thank you for your trusted beans never had an issue with you guys . All the best ahead in 2020 thank you again .:420::passitleft:

Happy New Year

In order to fulfill my commitment to Seedsman about posting my CPK and Doc CBD grow with their promo seeds I have started my own thread, since you guys are mostly 2 months ahead of me. I will check in here to see what to expect in my future.

Happy new 420 year everybody.
I gave my CPK a hiding today. I have every confidence she’ll bounce back with vigour.
4F488646-DC09-4FCB-8035-32584CBF39E3.jpeg

C900CD20-31A2-4CB8-A7FC-0BEA7CEB82EF.jpeg

I started the quadform on her.
8CED6302-A829-4D1C-930F-2C27AE6000C0.jpeg

F0288554-8FB8-4F41-860A-4A229D56A938.jpeg

I took the lowest two pairs of branches and her top for clones. This would have given me five cuts, but something experimental happened.
FCF86BC2-DDFE-41D4-8D4C-FE68D01B0CED.jpeg

16BAB6E4-818A-4EA2-AF6B-02B6BEE1D561.jpeg

E1B17B08-05B3-4AF7-B681-FDEAFA634CC9.jpeg

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they all take root. Just hoping for some continuity. We’ll see.
Be lucky folks. :peace: :)

Do you dip the cut portion of the clone into any rooting agent or anything to the soil? Is that just planted straight in soil? I have never try cloning or looked into it, but it appears very straight forward.

In general growing, do you use/apply any soil inoculants or mycorhizae, what brand/product? I'm in NZ too and would like to find something like the Recharge and other soil inoculant products that people rave about.

Do you dip the cut portion of the clone into any rooting agent or anything to the soil? Is that just planted straight in soil? I have never try cloning or looked into it, but it appears very straight forward.

In general growing, do you use/apply any soil inoculants or mycorhizae, what brand/product? I'm in NZ too and would like to find something like the Recharge and other soil inoculant products that people rave about.

Hey e hoa :cool: Happy new year there. I was just heading back to yours to keep on catching up. ‘Taint easy getting around these tiny screens with these damn hooves. :p

I prepped a half doz cups with the transplant mix I made up when I up potted. [edit: Here is my post with the details of medium and amendments]
I sprinkled myco in the cups and mixed it in, dampened it with RO H2O with calmag and superthrive and left it a week.
3C4365CC-674D-445D-840A-7B698DAB05A1.jpeg

So it came alive a little. I think it’s a good sign. I’ve had luck doing it like this anyway.
I scrape the bottom inch and a half of stem and cut the end at 45* then dip it in the clonex gel like so..
10955306-ECC7-4C27-BFEC-1DAB3DEADB60.jpeg

I put all the cuts into a glass of water until I finished on the newly quadded donor. I use the handle of a skinny paintbrush to make a hole in the soil. I hold the gel-wet tip of the new cut in the hole and gently squeeze and tease the soil in the cup to close the hole on the stem without cleaning the gel off the cut completely. You’ll see what I mean when you try it. You tamp down the top of the soil while pressing it gently in the sides and (note - only pack the cup loosely to start with) the soil level ends up lower in the cone of the cup when you’re done.
I can’t post a picture of the myco pack til after 3. My veg lights are on 16/8 cycle and turned off at 7. That’s where it’s stored is all.
I’ll be making up some more cups this afternoon. Our Dr Seedsman CBD 30:1 will be ready for the same treatment within a week.
I hope your day’s a good one, Stunger.

Hey e hoa :cool: Happy new year there. I was just heading back to yours to keep on catching up. ‘Taint easy getting around these tiny screens with these damn hooves. :p

I prepped a half doz cups with the transplant mix I made up when I up potted. [edit: Here is my post with the details of medium and amendments]
I sprinkled myco in the cups and mixed it in, dampened it with RO H2O with calmag and superthrive and left it a week.
3C4365CC-674D-445D-840A-7B698DAB05A1.jpeg

So it came alive a little. I think it’s a good sign. I’ve had luck doing it like this anyway.
I scrape the bottom inch and a half of stem and cut the end at 45* then dip it in the clonex gel like so..
10955306-ECC7-4C27-BFEC-1DAB3DEADB60.jpeg

I put all the cuts into a glass of water until I finished on the newly quadded donor. I use the handle of a skinny paintbrush to make a hole in the soil. I hold the gel-wet tip of the new cut in the hole and gently squeeze and tease the soil in the cup to close the hole on the stem without cleaning the gel off the cut completely. You’ll see what I mean when you try it. You tamp down the top of the soil while pressing it gently in the sides and (note - only pack the cup loosely to start with) the soil level ends up lower in the cone of the cup when you’re done.
I can’t post a picture of the myco pack til after 3. My veg lights are on 16/8 cycle and turned off at 7. That’s where it’s stored is all.
I’ll be making up some more cups this afternoon. Our Dr Seedsman CBD 30:1 will be ready for the same treatment within a week.
I hope your day’s a good one, Stunger.
Cheers DD, and all the best for your New Years too.
Thanks very much for the detail on how you are doing it, that's really great.
It seems the soil inoculants and myco are really good for the grow, so anything that you are doing in NZ is really helpful considering that many of the great products I read about are hard to get here.
My day's going well, but I noticed this morning that my Gorilla Glue Auto has broken thru the surface and then I noticed a fair few ants running and around so I doused the pot's surface with Cinammon, hoping that will deter them.

Cinnamon? Interesting. I’m not missing the ants since moving back South! I know they follow their same paths (formaldehyde footprints), but won’t cross a line smeared with essential oil of lavender. Inside you can follow the trail back to the skirting boards and put some there.
GGa? That means you culled your untopped one? You could give a donkey a spoiler alert. :)
I think you’re as bold as brass with a balcony grow. I’ll pm you later on with a link to the local hydro chain I use you might find one close.

All right bout time im getting these girls started . So ill be doing x2 white wodow , x2 critical purple , and x1 30:1 cbd all seeds from seedsmen. The medium they will be in is sunshine advance . Nutes ill be using are botanicare cal-mag , grow , bloom. On the none feed days they'll be getting recharge tea. Oh there main container will be 5gal. Fabric bags. Currently I have x5 girls 6weeks in flower . Ill be swithching my dimmable 1000watt hps out for a series 3+ red spec 500watt dimmable budget led for this grow. My flowering area is a 6x6x7 tent x1 fan and extracter with carbon filter. I will be using a oil heater or ac if needed.
20200101_153912.jpg

Cinnamon? Interesting. I’m not missing the ants since moving back South! I know they follow their same paths (formaldehyde footprints), but won’t cross a line smeared with essential oil of lavender. Inside you can follow the trail back to the skirting boards and put some there.
GGa? That means you culled your untopped one? You could give a donkey a spoiler alert. :)
I think you’re as bold as brass with a balcony grow. I’ll pm you later on with a link to the local hydro chain I use you might find one close.
I have not used cinnamon before but this morning I read some positive reports on it for deterring ants. Diatomaceous earth was another but I don't have any of that on hand. My plants are all outside, no skirting board walk ways here for these ants ;) , they are probably living in the 50 liter container than outside of it.

GGa, no I haven't culled the untopped one yet but I will any day as it is now, short of developing multiple balls, clearly a male. My plants over Christmas suffered a major dehydration event and the sprouting Gorilla Glue Auto got dried out and died, I have put another GGa seed in the pot to replace it, today that one reassuringly has broken thru the surface. I will probably look at setting another GGa off in a week or so's time, using the soon to be culled male's pot. Then all going well, I'd like to have a go at using colloidal silver spray to create some feminized male pollen balls on the first GGa and use the resulting pollen to selectively pollinate some female flowers on the yet to be sprouted second GGa.

Re Balcony grow; I don't feel I have much/any choice. I would love to investigate an indoor setup but could be tricky.
:bongrip:

All right bout time im getting these girls started . So ill be doing x2 white wodow , x2 critical purple , and x1 30:1 cbd all seeds from seedsmen. The medium they will be in is sunshine advance . Nutes ill be using are botanicare cal-mag , grow , bloom. On the none feed days they'll be getting recharge tea. Oh there main container will be 5gal. Fabric bags. Currently I have x5 girls 6weeks in flower . Ill be swithching my dimmable 1000watt hps out for a series 3+ red spec 500watt dimmable budget led for this grow. My flowering area is a 6x6x7 tent x1 fan and extracter with carbon filter. I will be using a oil heater or ac if needed.
20200101_153912.jpg
Off to a good start scrog and your going to love that @Budget LED light!

Back
Top Bottom