Shiggityflip Hits The Brix - Growing Using High Brix Soil

Ha, Brix or die. I love how information is shared on these pages so people can make keen choices based on real time journal's.

Cheers

Until we get that chillum icon I will share this with you
Sadhu.jpg
:hookah::ciao::hug::hug::geek:

FLIP+7

Oh yeah last night the plants got a hopefully final defol and a Brix spray. 7.5ml brix in 4oz water. Man does that stuff stink! My whole baseement smelled like an alaskan fish factory compost heap! Can't wait to see the ladies tonight! Here are group pics from last night. HB plants in the row farther back. For individual pics see the Hunger games thread. The 3 twister plants in veg got the Brix as well.

IMG_51009.JPG
IMG_51017.JPG

Those are looking mighty fine :thumb:

Hey Shiggity!

It took me some time winding down the garden path to find your journal. For some reason my mind kept wandering leading me astray into other places. :rollit:

For example, hours playing Dark Tower on the iPad while staring at plants.
DarkTower.jpg

Finally found your beautiful garden though.
:popcorn:
Bob ;)

Hey Shiggity!

It took me some time winding down the garden path to find your journal. For some reason my mind kept wandering leading me astray into other places. :rollit:

For example, hours playing Dark Tower on the iPad while staring at plants.
DarkTower.jpg

Finally found your beautiful garden though.
:popcorn:
Bob ;)

haha Bob that's awesome! Im so glad we both refound that awesome game. Too bad there is no nug inventory. Also check out my hunger games. I add my new strains there.

I haven't been through it all. But I thank you. Very well written journal. It caught my eye due to the "High brix", I farm in heated soil as well. I'll be reading over this and your further entries to get a grasp on how to make a journal myself. From the looks of it, you know how to make one. Thanks again, excited to catch up and see the harvest :thumb:

Soil Mixing.

I mixed up a new batch of Doc's soil so I thought I would go through the process.

2 37 gallon rubbermaid tubs
1 3.8cu ft Promix HP+Myco
2 15lb bags wiggly worm castings
1 bag amendment
3 gallons water

First thing I did was to split the promix evenly between the two tubs.

I then added one 15lb bag of castings to each tub.

Then weighed and split the amendment.

Mixed thoroughly "dry" then added about 1.5 gallons of water to each tub so moisten things up and set them to cook with lids on for one month. They are lifted 4" from the cold floor by an old pallet.

Yup that's all there is to it. Not a big deal by any means. It will sit for one month or more at 70 degrees and then be ready to plant!

mind if I ask how many 3, 5 or 7 gallon pots this amount would fill? You're grow is informative and making my intuitiveness start studying up on the High Brix, not that I wasn't paying attention before, just get so danged distracted

It's nice mixing it all up together. I had space constraints and had to do it in halves. Still ended up with two totes though. :laughtwo:

Great documentation Shiggity. If I could give reps you'd get them. When they restore that function I'll come back and hit you with them.

Great documentation Shiggity. If I could give reps you'd get them. When they restore that function I'll come back and hit you with them.

I think it is working now. Enjoy the reps!
Bob ;)

Welcome Bernardfarms! I should have a new entry very soon! If you have any questions on journaling feel free to pm me. And when you start your journal feel free to drop the link here in this thread!

I just might take you up on that Shiggityflip. Thanks allot, it's greatly appreciated. I'm going out to purchase a good camera tonight. I will be starting the journal sometime within the next week. I'll defiantly be messaging you to ask a few questions. :thumb:

Also, if you don't mind me asking, who is "Doc"? How much is his kit? & so far, what do you think of his 'mix' compared to a "standard" heated mix.?(such as subcools) Depending on price, why would you purchase these materials from a middleman? Why not go buy these at your local gardening store? Is there something more that comes with the kit I'm not aware of??

I'm curious about the kit. I have a roughly 50 cubic sq feet of my own high brix heated soil outback at all times. But, I might want to purchase this kit, to give it a comparisons test against my own. I would try it both indoors and out this year. I'm always on the hunt for a new ingredients to help the bugs in my soil. Also can earthworms be used with this soil mixture? If so, when can they be added? After the cooling period, or immediately? Thanks in advance for you response. I'm very curious about this "Doc's kit" In what sizes can this kit be purchased? I'm going to go back and re-read through this thread to see if some of these questions are already answered, but feel free to answer and chime in on the rest. Thanks again! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom