Should I throw all away?

Second pic is to show you how little movement there is in the pot do to the air stone being engulfed in the root ball.

PXL_20240127_042043058.jpg

PXL_20240127_042104518.jpg
The way I see this grow is this 😊 you have invested time and money into this grow and buds are coming along ok so why not play it out and let them finish and then address the issues before the start of the next grow.
I have a reservoir water chiller turning up next week and look forward to fitting it to keep root healthy and hopefully keep pH more stable ( but not holding my breath on the later)

How is it going @humptydumpty

You are doing a great job, jut a little hi-cup.

Are you able to add additional air stones to the buckets?
The reason I ask is I normally run three or four stones per 5-gallon bucket.
It will increase your oxygen level in the water dramatically.

Do you know how high your PPFD are?
For flower it should be 600 to 1000 ppfd.
The reason I ask is, is this issue mostly on the upper half of the plant?
Just trying to eliminate heat and light stress.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

edit: let me get back to you on the minor root rot cure to run.
It's just hydrogen peroxide, just can remember the amount off the top of my head.

there is no way i'd trash the grow. it actually looks alright for anyone going rdwc for the first time. i couldn't do as good right now if i went back to it lol

by the pics it doesn't look like root rot to me. the roots look ok and the discoloration is probably nute staining. there's no slime or sad looking fish bone roots. you've got decent bubbles too. could always use more, there's never too much.

the leaf damage looks more nute and environment related. edging looks related to the pk need in flower, it probably came through an ask or was a bit over fed, not sure which at the moment. i'm guessing ask, but it seems fine now.

H2o2 only when needed, I always thought running it constantly would kill good stuff too?

it depends on whether you decide to run a live res or sterile.

we used to run h2o2 pretty much constant in the early days. that was before things like enzyme scrubbers or chillers. regardless of how you run, a chiller would be a good idea, they are a game changer for loads of hydro guys.

I run bleech (tiny bit ) all the time ,my water temps can hit 27°c 😳 that's why im fitting a chiller

a tiny bit of bleach is also not a bad idea if you are dealing with bad water and/or higher temps. again it's only useful in sterile. it's also easier to use a fatal amount of bleach than with h2o2. the chiller is a good idea.

How is it going @humptydumpty

You are doing a great job, jut a little hi-cup.

Are you able to add additional air stones to the buckets?
The reason I ask is I normally run three or four stones per 5-gallon bucket.
It will increase your oxygen level in the water dramatically.

Do you know how high your PPFD are?
For flower it should be 600 to 1000 ppfd.
The reason I ask is, is this issue mostly on the upper half of the plant?
Just trying to eliminate heat and light stress.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

edit: let me get back to you on the minor root rot cure to run.
It's just hydrogen peroxide, just can remember the amount off the top of my head.
Thanks for your reply. I have no way to measure ppfd other than the specifics from the lights producer. I have some plants that stretched a little and are very close but closer and further from the lights all have the same problems. Heat stress is absolutely not to take into consideration,.it's winter here 😁 I run a tank heater. I don't have any environmental issue, ppm is at 2.8 with a .6 of base water value. Your suggestion of increasing airstones would probably be beneficial but it's highly unpractical

there is no way i'd trash the grow. it actually looks alright for anyone going rdwc for the first time. i couldn't do as good right now if i went back to it lol

by the pics it doesn't look like root rot to me. the roots look ok and the discoloration is probably nute staining. there's no slime or sad looking fish bone roots. you've got decent bubbles too. could always use more, there's never too much
Regadless of how you run, a chiller would be a good idea, they are a game changer for loads of hydro guy
Root rot was happening earlier, plants suffered a first shock during veg due to the rockwool staying too damp. They had to recover so had a long veg so I ended up with pretty big root balls which slows down the flow of water and were leaning towards rotting again but I did a full res change, h2o2 flush, new Res with double dose of enzymes and now they don't look too bad.
Although I appreciate all the positive input I'm getting it's evident that these plants suffered and rather than what caused them to suffer is figuring out if anything decent is going to come out of it

Doesn't this look a bit like what Fietchen had going on a while back, eterna flowering buds firing off way to many singlet leaves. Although these are a bit chunkier.
When it keeps on pistilling that's usually heat or light stress at the cause.
Is the lower growth ripening on those plants?
Dim the light and cut off some hours and don't look at the top bud to figure out if it's ready.
If it's for personal use this is all still useable, if you're looking for marketable buds you probably want to start over asap.

Doesn't this look a bit like what Fietchen had going on a while back, eterna flowering buds firing off way to many singlet leaves. Although these are a bit chunkier.
When it keeps on pistilling that's usually heat or light stress at the cause.
Is the lower growth ripening on those plants?
Dim the light and cut off some hours and don't look at the top bud to figure out if it's ready.
If it's for personal use this is all still useable, if you're looking for marketable buds you probably want to start over asap.
That might be something to look into because I did have a doubt that the amount of light I have is an overkill compared to the space, on the other hand I didn't go over 85% dim, also against this argument is the fact that I got 4 plants which remained quite shorter than the others, almost half size, so they're standing quite lower than the others but they're not doing much better, but yes lower growth is looking much better than the top, in some cases the main colas themselves are screwed at the top but couple inches lower doing much better, posting update pics below

Update: it's been 10 days and the situation hasn't improved too much, but it's also not looking awful, it's a very odd situation. The colas don't look good, seems like they're way far behind the time schedule but on the other hand they're sweating like top shelf product. Maybe it's because they suffered and pushed resin production as a response. In my experience I had either plants which failed completely or turned out great, I never had an in-between situation like this. Seems like I'll be able to salvage something, the rest is going in the hash tumbler which seems it's going to pull out some decent results.

PXL_20240206_230128085.jpg

PXL_20240206_230255182.jpg

PXL_20240206_230651296.jpg

PXL_20240206_230302546.jpg

I run bleech (tiny bit ) all the time ,my water temps can hit 27°c 😳 that's why im fitting a chiller
I had a chiller for my res when i was doing hydro You'll like it! Remember the chiller puts out hot air like a dehumidifier or air conditioner so proper placement of the unit should be observed for exhaust and a good size recirculation pump not sure of gpm i used it was long ago but i kept the output hose up high on the res to help break surface tension of the water to help with air in the res✌️

I had a chiller for my res when i was doing hydro You'll like it! Remember the chiller puts out hot air like a dehumidifier or air conditioner so proper placement of the unit should be observed for exhaust and a good size recirculation pump not sure of gpm i used it was long ago but i kept the output hose up high on the res to help break surface tension of the water to help with air in the res✌️
Yea its been a god send I've had it running for a bit over a week

Back
Top Bottom