Sorenna's - 2015 - Strawberry Blue Reveg in Soil under Mars LED

I took a picture of her this evening from one of the vent holes on the side of the tent. My little peep hole. lol Anyway, I took it for 2 reasons: 1) I wanted to show her in her environment, like for scale. Usually when I take a picture I do my best to just zoom in on her. It gives a better perspective of her size. 2) When I just look at her everyday, its hard to tell differences from day to day. So, I think Ill take a picture of her everyday, from the peephole, the same picture each day hoping it will help me better see her subtle changes.

louise9091.jpg

Yes, shes sitting on her SWICK pan, but its dry. Im not really using it for anything other than a catch all when I water her.

Soren's, she's gorgeous! You must be in awe! :laughtwo: Who would have thought? It must give you pause as a parent to see the correlations to this youngster and her amazing transformation and your own children as they grow into themselves.

Homeschooler, huh? I called it "unschooling". I was very partial to self-motivated children and calling everything - and I mean everything - "school". I wanted to raise shepherds instead of sheep. It worked out well for both of mine. My BSEd came in real handy. We had a cousin of Dale's who was liscensed in PA and did my evals every year.

I live a blessed life. I'm fully aware of the significance of that.

This is so interesting. I started for bed at 2:40. :laughtwo: The whole area went black over an hour ago. You'd think I'd go to bed, wouldn't you? Haha! We'd all be wrong there. Here I sit at 4:24, still visiting friends. I don't get over here often enough anyway.

:passitleft: In a better world this would be in real time and we'd be sharing my Cheese Candy. Hope for the future, Baby!

Hi, SweetSue. :blushsmile: Yes, I think shes a pretty lil gal. Im really glad I let her re-veg as she wanted, because its really brought it home for me how different techniques can make visible differences in the plant. Shes not the same plant that she was the first time around, she is, but she isnt. Weird, I know. lol Everything about her is different, except for her temperament.

I just started homeschooling last year. I got tired of them going to school for 7 hours a day to come home and do homework for 2-3 hours daily, but not give them any on the weekends when they have more time to complete the assignments and have time to play too. Makes no sense to me at all. I get tired of going in for parent/teacher conferences only to hear what great kids I have and nothing else really all that informative about how they are doing with their work. Then 2 weeks later send me notices of how they have zeros because they didnt turn in their work. Why didnt they tell me that at the conference? Irritating. I dont think my children should have to eat that slop that is now mandated for all schools. If I wont eat it, then I dont expect my children to either, if they dont want to. This way I know exactly what they are eating, what they are doing in their studies, how they are doing in their studies. They get to spend soo much more time with me and they get one on one help whenever they need it. They dont have peer pressure and here in my state, they can still do all the extra curricular activities that the school kids can: sports, choir, etc.

Id love to split a bowl of cheese candy with you. Someday, we can hope. :blushsmile:

Great grow. I would love to try those seeds.

Hello Muncho! Welcome to my journal and to 420 magazine. Put your feet up and make yourself at home.

I can recommend the Strawberry Blue strain. She gives me fits, but I think its mostly my doing. haha We are slowly coming to an understanding. Shes fun to grow and, mine at least, has a lot to teach about growing.

Hi guys. :blushsmile:

I pulled Miz Louise all the way out of the tent today. Havent done that in a long while. I took her out so I could get a look at her lower growth and the 'pillar damage. Like the top of the plant, her lower growth had some leaves that were badly eaten and some that were unaffected. Not as bad as I feared. Whew! While I was in there, I cleared out some of the lower growth: the damaged leaves, the dead leaves (yes, there were a few of those) and some of the really small new growth. I only took out the ones that were way, way low on her stem, near soil level, each less than a 1/2 inch long. I found some leaves there were extremely pale and spotty. Not many but some. I think shes trying to tell me its time for some food. So, I guess we'll start that dance again. Ugh. lol

I gave her some water last night, but she still feels very light today. I think she may need some more, soon. Oh! Guess what? When I was cleaning off the perlite from the bottom of the pot from my desk, I found roots just lying in there! How exciting! Why is that exciting? Because neither of my plants had roots growing from the bottom of the pot in my last grow. That surprised me a little. Now, Louise has them. They were about 2 inches long and (its hard to tell with the perlite all over them) they seemed to have those fine hairs I hear yall talk about sometimes. They must have gotten knocked off when I was turning the pot round and round for her inspection. Weeee!

Thought Id share my findings. :)

Exciting!!! That's because she already had her rootball, so when she revegged she was able to build on that.

I'm glad you and Louise have made up. :battingeyelashes:

Yes, it is! :)

When I repotted her, I followed a guide I found somewhere online, I forget where, on how to reveg a plant and it said to repot it because the old soil is spent. It also said to cut the rootball down to the size of my fist. I didnt quite cut those roots that much, because I have a little fist and Im not that brave. haha But I did cut about 25% of her rootball off and made it smaller. It had one really long, thick root but I didnt cut that one at all because I think it was the main tap root. I dont know that for sure, just guessing. Anyway, I really thought she might die because I did that, but if she did, it would not have been a big deal. I had a contingency plan if she didnt make it. But she did make it. She regrew alot of roots to get them to grow from the bottom of the pot in just 5 weeks when she never had any like that last time.

I think she might be what we call a late bloomer. Not so great the first time, but making up for it this second time. :) I couldnt be more pleased about that.

Im glad we have an understanding now, but Id bet money that shell still give me fits. lol

I was thinking the same thing when I posted. LOL! "Oops! Did I jinx her?"

I showed pictures of Louise to my Toni before I stuffed her in the tiny closet for her first night of re-veg last night. I just wanted her to see the possibilities! :dreamy: Louise just didn't fool around this time at all! Gorgeous! :bravo:

LMAO. Too funny!

:thanks:

UPDATE: Louise - Day 46 (Day 6 of flowering)

Hello everyone. :blushsmile:

Its getting harder and harder to take pictures of this lil girl. Now the cellphone needs a battery, but Im muddling through until I can get another one in about 2 weeks.

I pulled the lil darlin out of the tent today so I could feed her slowly and evenly. Since I had her out anyway, I lifted her up to look at the bottom of her pot, expecting to see a sea of perlite, but to my surprise I saw a sea of perlite AND roots. Shocking. The entire bottom is covered in long, white roots. Yay! I gave her 1/2 a gallon of water, but this time I added food to it. She has about 3 totally yellow leaves underneath the canopy. This after I just cleaned all those ugly leaves out a few days ago, so I am positive those are new. I believe the girl is begging for some N and so she shall have it. I only gave her 1/4 strength of Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Grow Big. I hope and I pray that I finally got this feeding thing down. I dont have anything to worry about, if I didnt get it right she will tell me and she will do it quickly. So far, so good. Im thinking shell need water twice per week, so once per week will be a feeding and once will be watering. I hope that will make this picky eater happy.

She has pistils all over her, but then she has had those for weeks, but now they are starting to come out at the tips. Preflowers, I think they are called? I dunno. She just has that Im-about-to-flower look to her. Im very excited to see that and Im also very excited to see her trichs too.

There are no new millers or caterpillars. Yay! Im thinking thats behind us now. Whew!

Here are a couple pics of her. It may be a couple weeks before I get some new ones up. I dont know. Depends on how badly I feel the need to post some. haha

Peep Hole View
louise9144.jpg

From the top--Lots of leafage. :D
louise9142.jpg

From the side
louise9141.jpg

From underneath- You can see the off leaves. They look orange in the pic, but in RL they are mostly yellow with a bit of pale green.
louise9143.jpg

See yall next time! Bye bye!

UPDATE: Louise - Day 47 (Day 7 from Flip)

So, I have some really good news. Louise took her feeding with NO ill effects! :woohoo: Im so terribly happy about that. I swear if I had a tail it would be wagging right now! hehe

Im sure now that I didnt make her food correctly before. When I started I was doing 1 gallon of the same food for both my plants (from my last grow), each getting half, but then Thelma went into flower and Louise still wasnt ready, so I gave them each 1/2 gallon of food made specifically for each plant. My mistake was that I halved the water but I didnt half the nutrients. So what I thought was 1/2 strength was really full strength. I never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer. lol At least I figured it out and I didnt kill anything.

Okay, that was it. lol Some pics just because the phone was being nice and Louise just begged to have her picture made. :D

louise9151.jpg

louise9154.jpg

louise9153.jpg

louise9152.jpg

Look at that pretty baby girl!

Stunning Sorenna! She has such style this time around! Haha! Wag that tail girl. You're going to be so excited when you see how she'll flower this time. :yahoo: So much fun!

Im just rambling a little bit. Ive been feeling sick since yesterday. Bad eggs. Anyway, Im feeling better and that manifesting itself in rapid movements of the fingers over the keys. Sorry.

I got to try my first Kush this past weekend. It was an eye opening experience. First time in my life I ever smoked too much. Ive had folks tell me things like "Oh, man, this is some good shit" or "This is the best stuff I ever had". After I partake, I have to wonder where they usually get their stuff. Not awful, but certainly not knock-my-socks-off great. So I tend to ignore such praise. I should not have ignored it this time. I think it must have truly been Kush, because it did knock my socks off. But I ruined it by smoking too much and slept way sooner than I wanted. lol I did better the second time around. I made sure I put half as much so I could enjoy it.

It was cool. When I opened it, I was like, Wow. This looks like some of the buds I see at :420:. And I thought it smelled good, not as good as mine, but it still smelled wondermous. Mine smelled better but that stuff was better than mine in effect. I freely admit that. I could see the pistils that had turned brown and everything was wrapped oh so tightly. Not packed tight, but it grew that way. I see now what "denseness" is when yall talk about it. I think it was homegrown. I only have my own homegrown to go on, but it surely smelled and looked more like mine than anything Ive ever gotten before. I also think it was not cured properly or long enough. It didnt taste that great. It was harsh on the intake. It never had white ashes at the end, only really dark grey/black.

If Louise can top that stuff, I will finally feel like I can grow stuff. lol

Isn't it amazing what we can do with our own hands?

I often turn my nose up in the face of street weed. Even my first harvest with little experience was better than most of the stuff I'd tried as a kid. It makes me wonder what these people do to their plants that make the weed so bunk? Like was there no love or passion at all? Just a quick toaster oven dry and out to the street? Oh well, it's not a problem we have to deal with anymore :)

We love to hear you ramble, Sorenna! Bring it on!

I think they grow fields of it and none of the plants get anything more than the very basics to grow. Light and water. No love, no interventions when they get into trouble, no gardeners shadow. I bet its not cured at all, just dried and then packed as much into as small a space as possible. Profit is the only driving force, not quality, not even yield. Just grow, bag and sell.

Mine was not great. It was my fault, in many different ways. The main one being I had no access to you guys in the last couple of months, I just had to figure it out on my own. Bad things happen when I start doing my own thinking. Evenso, it was still better than most that I get elsewhere. I dont really have any complaints. I do plan to do it better this time. Yes, it is amazing what we can do in tents, and closets and backyards. I dont know if I will be a life long grower, but I think its a very distinct possibility.

Back
Top Bottom