SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

re: SpiriTHC's 2L Hempy vs DWC-H Tsunami of Green - CycoPlatinum

Let me start by saying, oooohhhhh how I wish I had your setup. Superb to say the least. For a noob I think you got it all and then some! Top notch setup dude.+reps. K nuf said, I am a hvac guy and can tell you from experience that you need to get rid of that 14000 btu ac boat anchor, and replace it with a window shaker. You can get a 12000 btu from the biggest box store for under $250.00. The reason for this is that the portable ones push way too much air out than they cool, just feel the air going out through the exhaust side and compare it to the cooling side, should be about three time the amount of air, Extremely inefficient. Plus if you set the window air to circulate, not draw in fresh air, it will act as your dehumidifier, yes air conditioners are almost the same thing as a dehumidifier. Another thing, after you change out the ac, turn all of your lights on and see where the temp goes, cause I can tell you from past experience, that you dont want to be adding another ac unit and all of its construction with a room full of plants. This is important to do, run them all full blast to see if you need another ac unit. All the manufacturers say what the unit can do under NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES, not in a grow room. Plus this would be one less exhaust going into your attic. Witch brings me to another point. Check the humidity in your attic, VERY IMPORTANT! If you are exhausting into your attic, and the humidity is high up there it can rot and mold your attic. If anyone has had to deal with mold in a house they know what I'm talking about. Even if you have an exhaust fan in your attic, check the humidity, can cost you thousands of dollars in mold eradication. Other than those two points you are well on your way dude, the best of luck, and I'll be checkin in, later.

Yeah unfortunately I would have to build a wall a/c unit for the flower room.. I was really hoping this a/c would work better.. but the temps are good for the time being .. I know my problem is the 70 pint kenmore dehumidifier .. its crappy and not working .. I am going to replace it.. MAYBE install an exhaust fan .. like 400 cfm on the corner of the ceiling and shoot it into the attic if humidity go goes over 47% rH or something along with any hot air that might be there.. (basically for emergency purposes) if the a/c plus upgraded dehum are not enough.. The attic is not an issue .. i have a 1680 cfm attic fan attached to a therm controller ..making sure the attic never climbs over 90 degrees... also.. the house is a piece of shit.. ugliest thing to be quite honest.. I would never own it.. its all fucked up.. best thing in there is my op.

lol its like a 60's house.. falling apart almost.. haha but for right now I know that my a/c is sufficient enough to maintain temp.. although that recirculating air on a window piece sounds pretty amazing to keep things cooler and lower rH!!

might have to look into that as well! and soon!! we're going to have to tear down more walls LoL!

looking fantastic!,, i have a thought or 2 how commited to the h-dwc? do you have a backup plan if this unproven system ends up not living up to your hopes , im worried about them since i finished up a a couple myself ,thats alot of valueable plants to lose if ( god forbid) anything go's wrong, i would be reluctant to try that many , but im sure it will be fine! lol your mother space is bigger than my entire operation several times over, this is gonna be much fun to follow along with! great job + reps:thumb:

Well I think that the main issue in this process is that basically the plants drinker faster than you can feed reasonably..
But I think they look and react differently.. more vigorous and explosive.. as far as what I hope! Although I haven't ran them differently!
I will succeed for sure! and these girls will make me happy.. They are spiritual awakened ;)
And I am going to make sure of it by adding a drip irrigation system

Drip System Reason(s):
-Will take like 2 hours of labor off my shoulders and make my room more automated, therefore I can focus on the checklist and data and more scientific avenues to improve everything.
-It will create more oxygen in my reservoir, leading to more explosive growth! The cold nutrient solution will be air-pumped into drip line(s) top feeding the 2L-DWC-H (have it on a setting where I know more or less how the girl(s) drink as in how much and how fast)
Leading to the solution of the plant ever not having enough.. and more room for roots and growth! Which is the main reason and hope for this design
-This type of hydro system is fairly inexpensive and lead to a higher yield! a lot less labor as well, again! haha

So in the next few days I will be learning the girls habits a little more and designing the irrigation system..
I know for the time being it will be a "non recovery" system.. basically run to waste.. The flood tables will be on a 3 degree tilt running all the water to the end where it will be pumped out into a hose draining into the laundry room in a reservoir until I can figure out what I am going to do with the solution.. Maybe I am going to keep CYCO or BPN only 64 plants and run the rest of the same nutes so i can reuse some of that solution.. (oh well, ill figure out something)

ALSO, this is an experimental run for all of us.. so the next 50 dropping in a week and a half will be all 2L HEMPY!!!
Find out which one is the one to stick with.. 2L-DWC-H def take a lot of labor making .. with all those little holes ! ( i put a ton.. the more the better in my opinion)

THANKS FOR REPS!!
MUCH APPRECIATED

Nice looking setup. Couple of things I saw and didn't see
Where are you getting your incoming fresh air and if you do have it is it filtered?
Your exhaust venting really should be covered in insulation. Believe it or not the piping will heat the room. I know, I had the same thing
Do you have a temp controlled fan to get air out of the grow area if it gets too hot?
I have the same DIY cloner except on a smaller scale and I love it

Nice looking setup. Couple of things I saw and didn't see
Where are you getting your incoming fresh air and if you do have it is it filtered?
Your exhaust venting really should be covered in insulation. Believe it or not the piping will heat the room. I know, I had the same thing
Do you have a temp controlled fan to get air out of the grow area if it gets too hot?
I have the same DIY cloner except on a smaller scale and I love it

I have an intake on the bottom of the room.. but i am no longer going to use it all the time.. the room will be recycling and filtering itself within the room.. the temps don't get too hott as of now but I am installing a 400 cfm exhaust in the room for emergency purposes.. it will be on the controller (sentinel CHHC-4)

the carbon filter basically scrubs the air within in the room to make it odorless and the c02 regulator on the controller will make sure that happens accordingly..
everything is still testing and running..

right now the plans are to get a new dehumidifier because the one i have seems not to work the way i want it to..
and its 70 pint! so i know shit should be real low in there..

and then add the new emergency exhaust route

I have an intake on the bottom of the room.. but i am no longer going to use it all the time.. the room will be recycling and filtering itself within the room.. the temps don't get too hott as of now but I am installing a 400 cfm exhaust in the room for emergency purposes.. it will be on the controller (sentinel CHHC-4)

the carbon filter basically scrubs the air within in the room to make it odorless and the c02 regulator on the controller will make sure that happens accordingly..
everything is still testing and running..

right now the plans are to get a new dehumidifier because the one i have seems not to work the way i want it to..
and its 70 pint! so i know shit should be real low in there..

and then add the new emergency exhaust route

The sharp air conditioner should have a dehumidity cycle. At least mine does.

I am not sure recycling the same air over and over is a good thing. But, I could be wrong. Maybe someone else can pipe in on this.

I agree.. I don't think reusing the air over and over is a good thing.. that is why I will turn on the intake and exhaust once a day to maybe get that whole fresh air thing in there.. and then let the machines fix everything up.. so it recycles that air once a day.. should be fine..

test test test
:hmmmm:

The sharp air conditioner should have a dehumidity cycle. At least mine does.

I am not sure recycling the same air over and over is a good thing. But, I could be wrong. Maybe someone else can pipe in on this.

I agree.. I don't think reusing the air over and over is a good thing.. that is why I will turn on the intake and exhaust once a day to maybe get that whole fresh air thing in there.. and then let the machines fix everything up.. so it recycles that air once a day.. should be fine..

test test test
:hmmmm:

Unless you need to vent out heat or moisture, there's not much point in bringing in fresh air when you're supplementing CO2...The plants use up the CO2 in the room, and through photosynthesis manufacture oxygen. With the environmental controller keeping the PPM where you want them there's not really anything "fresh" to bring in.

That being said, some growers that run a sealed room will vent it once a day after the lights go out, so the O2 levels will be slightly higher for the roots at night, but I'm not convinced that's necessary.

I'd still love to see you cool the lights with outside air and vent it back outside so tou're not wasting electricity cooling that air. Even if the air running through the hood is 95º that's still quite a bit cooler than the surface of the bulb. Any extra radiant heat coming from the hood could be cooled easier than cooling all of the exhaust air, but that's just my opinion...either way, you have a very nice setup!

:Namaste:

Great info Vape!
Thanks for clarifying that up for me dogg!

I would use the outside air.. i just dont have a straight shot leading to the outside.. I dont want any bends in the ducting as well! Also the fact that the intake will be on the outside of the house will make me nervous.. lol more stealth the way I have it I think.. the house electricity is all used for the grow.. nothing more.. so it shouldn't be that bad.. until I can figure out the safest way to do it by taking the outside air.. ( i mean I could go from the attic > lights > back into the attic haha) we'll see!

Thanks for letting me know bout the enrichment and that I dont need to be venting out ;)

Great info Vape!
Thanks for clarifying that up for me dogg!

I would use the outside air.. i just dont have a straight shot leading to the outside.. I dont want any bends in the ducting as well! Also the fact that the intake will be on the outside of the house will make me nervous.. lol more stealth the way I have it I think.. the house electricity is all used for the grow.. nothing more.. so it shouldn't be that bad.. until I can figure out the safest way to do it by taking the outside air.. ( i mean I could go from the attic > lights > back into the attic haha) we'll see!

Thanks for letting me know bout the enrichment and that I dont need to be venting out ;)

For stealth purposes, I totally understand...

Bends in the ducting restrict airflow, but adding more inline fans is fairly cheap, compared to adding A/Cs and the power usage is much less... If you really wanted to put in an intake there's a couple ways it can me done...it will however take more effort, and require you to be a bit creative. Things like using a wall or window air conditioner...or at least that's what it would look like from the outside, but in reality it's masking an air intake or vent...but if you have enough BTUs to cool everything, and you don't mind the cost of the electricity you can cool everything. I just look at it as each A/C unit could be another 1000 Watt light...electricity wise. :)

If you're going to vent and exhaust everything into the attic I would maybe consider adding an attic, or gable fan to move the air through the attic better. Then try to locate the exhausts close to that fan, and the intakes close to the gable vent that the fresh air is being pulled through.

:Namaste:

oh i completely understand!
Yeah the other a/c will not be necessary anymore.. now that the lights are cooled from air out of the room.. the temp stays wayy down..
I am at 78-80 with all lights on! :high-five:

I won't be adding another a/c unit in the room! but I do have other one(s) running like one in the mother chamber and for the garage/laundry room -- that cools the lights as well

as for the attic.. it has a huge 16' 1280 cfm attic fan that exhausts it out .. and keeps everything below even 90 degrees... rH i dont know as much but ill check how things are with that.. the house is shitty anyways so those things are completely separated from my rooms... what i did was make a fram with 2x4's put dry wall, then insulation, and more drywall, concrete the floor, but infrared sheets on the wall and super washed that hoe :)

if there is any shit mold up there it aint comming down here..

but I hope i dont create my own!
GOING TO CHANGE OUT THIS DEHUM TONIGHT!

BELIEVE IT OR NOT! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO TAKE 70 PINTS OF WATER OUT EVERYDAY!!!
and when it has given me one drop...

Sounds like the little tweaks here and there are working Spiri, :goodjob: dude! But before you go spend more money on a dehumidifier, what is your humidity? Your ac, does it have a drain plug or line for water and are you getting water from the ac unit? You should be. And this will act as a dehumidifier as well as ac. You must live in a cheap electricity state, with what you got goin on there, it would be a thousand dollar a month bill here. LOL If its not cheap, put all those plants back in one tray and just run one light until you have to turn on the other tray. Just tryin to save you some money. Sendin you and all your girls much luv, hang in there dude.

UPDATE:

FLOWERING DAY(25)
PPM: 870-890
rH: 55%
pH 5.8
TEMP: 77F

green_goodie.jpg

THINGS ARE LOOKING SWELL! EARLY FLOWERING STAGES ARE RUNNING SMOOTH

Green_2461.jpg

Green_2481.jpg

Green_2491.jpg

FLOWERING ROOM PROGRESS (ALL OF THE GIRLS)

Green_243.jpg

Green_242.jpg

FLOWERING ROOM ENVIRONMENT CONTROL PROGRESS

Green_223.jpg

Green_224.jpg

Green_225.jpg

Green_229.jpg

Green_230.jpg

Green_226.jpg

Green_227.jpg

Green_228.jpg

THE A/C IS ALL DUCT OUT OF THE ROOM (intake and exhaust) THEREFORE NOTHING IN THE ROOM IS SUCKING IN ANY AIR! (THE DEHUMIDIFIER IS THE ONLY SLIGHT INTAKE OF AIR BUT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR HUMIDITY) THE A/C UNIT IS NOW ON DEHUMIDIFY MODE AS WELL TO START LOWERING THE rH ( I WANT IS AT CLOSE TO 40% ) AND THE HEAT OF THE DEHUMIDIFIER IS BEING DUCT OUT OF THE ROOM AS WELL! SO NO HEAT BEING BLOWN INTO THE AIR ANY LONGER! ROOM IS GETTING CLOSER TO PERFECTION! FOR BIGGER WAVES!!:surf:

ALL THE DEVICES ARE GIVING ME PLENTY OF ALMOST PURE WATER! ABOUT A PPM OF 20-30! PRETTY AWESOME!! I GET +15 GALLONS EVERY TIME I GO IN THE ROOMS, SO NO MORE HAVING TO BUY WATER!! THAT'S ANOTHER BENEFIT OF THE MACHINE(S)! I have 20 gallon reservoirs for the different machines so I make sure I can collect all the water without the worry of overflow(s)

CYCO PLATINUM SERIES VS. BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS

WELL, STILL EARLY INTO FLOWERING SO CANT REALLY DECIDE!
BUT AS FROM WHAT I SEE THE PLANTS ON BPN ARE STARTING TO STRETCH AND GET BIGGER WITH A LOT OF BUD SITES! GREAT SO FAR!

BUT! THE CYCO LOOKS TO HAVE THE FATTER BUD(S)! , as of right now! NOT BY MUCH BUT A LITTLE NOTICEABLE ! ALTHOUGH THE BPN PLANTS SEEM TO BE GETTING OVERALL BIGGER THEY MIGHT START PUMPING THOSE FAT JUICY BUDS, EVEN BIGGER THEN CYCO PERHAPS?! WE'LL SEE!

A LOT WILL START TO PROVE WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS AS WE HIT FULL FLOWER!

HOW ABOUT WE START THE VOTE?

CYCO/BPN

comment stating which nutrient line you are expecting to win! & I will begin to tally up!

:morenutes:
:420:

Back
Top Bottom