Stages' Summer Run - HSO Sour Diesel Auto - TH Bubblegum HSO Blue Dream in Coco

Favorite Auto Strain's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well done stage, must have been hard chopping her down though...such an impressive plant. There'll be more im sure...congrats buddy.

:bravo:

Well done stage, must have been hard chopping her down though...such an impressive plant. There'll be more im sure...congrats buddy.

:bravo:

Thx SoIMJ
I have more seeds of the bubblegum so if she tastes like I imagine she should, you will see her again next fall. I'm surprised and impressed at 5.3 lbs of wet plant matter she gave me.
It really wasn't tough to decide to cut her down. I let her go 15 days past the breeders time frame (55-60 days). I'm confident she was ready and ripe.:smokin:

Stage,
Think you can break down your brown bag drying process? I concerned with bud rot due to the high humidity where I'm at, does your methods combat that?

Brad,
Pretty simple for me. I use the bags for lawn clippings. The really tall ones. I line the bottom of the bag with buds and fold over. I don't fold it tightly. I dry in the tent with no lights on and just the extraction fan on to keep the smell down, and the circulation fan inside the tent blowing, but not directly on the bags. After a day or two, I move the buds around and make sure the buds are laying evenly in the bag and not on top of each other. I leave them like this for at least 5 days. Temps are 68f to 78f. Humidity is 50%.
Using the tent to dry, you should be able to regulate the humidity a bit. If you are getting high humidity, consider adding an oil heater on 'low' setting to the tent. Of course de-humidifiers are 1st choice. I keep forgetting not everyone is in wintertime this being a worldwide forum. That will lower your humidity and not dry the buds to a crisp.:thanks:

Brad,
Pretty simple for me. I use the bags for lawn clippings. The really tall ones. I line the bottom of the bag with buds and fold over. I don't fold it tightly. I dry in the tent with no lights on and just the extraction fan on to keep the smell down, and the circulation fan inside the tent blowing, but not directly on the bags. After a day or two, I move the buds around and make sure the buds are laying evenly in the bag and not on top of each other. I leave them like this for at least 5 days. Temps are 68f to 78f. Humidity is 50%.
Using the tent to dry, you should be able to regulate the humidity a bit. If you are getting high humidity, consider adding an oil heater on 'low' setting to the tent. Of course de-humidifiers are 1st choice. I keep forgetting not everyone is in wintertime this being a worldwide forum. That will lower your humidity and not dry the buds to a crisp.:thanks:

I was using paper shopping bags before. I am totally going to the hom de pot to get some of these when my harvest finishes! Thanks for the pro-tip Stage!

Hey y'all. It's slow motion here in this journal. Nothing exciting about drying buds in paper bags.
I will post another photo update after the buds are dried and ready for jarring. I will of course weigh the buds at that time.
I'll sample the buds once dry, then again in a week or two. Sadly, I'll be sending this journal to the showers after that.
The addiction to growing is real people. Fighting off the desire to pop more beans. To be a cycle grower...you gotta enroll in a 12 step program.:reading420magazine::thedoubletake:

This post is for doctor green, my Aussie friend.:)
You were right....:rofl:
Bubblegum_and_Map_of_Australia.JPG

Be careful stage... australia is not for sissies. If australia is your plants totem, then she is just as likely to try and kill you. LOL! I'm joking obviously.

The blue dream has dried and is ready for jarring. I wont try a sample until another 4 days.:volcano-smiley:
I hate the minty chlorophyll taste from young buds, so I give the buds a few days in the jar.
Wound up with 20g from my bud on a stick. She still has that spicy blueberry smell to it. :)
blue_dream_harvest_buds_1_week_dry_buds1.jpg
blue_dream_harvest_buds_1_week_dry_closeup1.jpg
blue_dream_harvest_buds_1_week_dry_scale1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom