Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

Besides the anthropomorphizing aspect of thinking a broad-shouldered plant is a male, does this turn out to be true any more than 50% of the time? Because from an evolutionary standpoint (if you believe in that), females are not exactly choosing pollen from broad-shouldered males any more than they are from taller sleeker males.

Also, a wise man once told me that seeds in H2O2 won't sink because of the bubbles. What's up with yours? So clean there were no bubbles? ;)

Besides the anthropomorphizing aspect of thinking a broad-shouldered plant is a male, does this turn out to be true any more than 50% of the time? Because from an evolutionary standpoint (if you believe in that), females are not exactly choosing pollen from broad-shouldered males any more than they are from taller sleeker males.

Also, a wise man once told me that seeds in H2O2 won't sink because of the bubbles. What's up with yours? So clean there were no bubbles? ;)
I only soak mine in the water/H2O2 mix for a little bit (just enough to kill anything on the outside of the shell) and then it goes into just plain spring water overnight. Usually when I come down in the morning, it has sunk.

Thats what happened with these. As for your question about males, we get guesses (nothing more than guesses) based on how they are growing. But we use the scope once the nodes start alternating (generally the sign your plant has reached sexual maturity) to confirm hairs or balls. Most of the time, the hairs become visible to the nekid eye if you are patient. The pre-flowers tent to have shapes which will make them identifiable with the scope. The ones we are saying are females have confirmed with hairs out of the preflower. The ones we are guessing are males have pre-flowers shaped like balls and there are no hairs coming out of them.

Sometimes the preflowers take a few days and a hair will pop out. We have been looking at these ball shaped preflowers for a week and no hairs have appeared. My confidence interval is pretty high on saying the males are males....probably 95% based on what I am seeing under the scope.

Yeah I usually find that the nodes start to alternate on healthy plants around the 30 day mark (give or take 5 days either way). The Stankberry plants were planted 10 days after the Harley's but they showed their preflowers at the same time so their are exceptions, but 30 days is a pretty good baseline. Or go off of alternating nodes.

Harlequin Veg Day 34 Update

Been almost a week since we update Ms Stank's Harleys and they are looking fantastic. Harley #2 is a confirmed girl and #1 is still looking like a stud. Both are really bushing out nicely.

Environment is still doing really well.....temps are in the 78-80 range and the RH in the tent is 45-50%. Feeding still continue to be ACT waterings only at this point.

I believe these will likely need to be up-potted at some point this week. Very pleased with the structure of this strain!

Harlequins

Harley #1 (Dude....most likely)

Harley #2 (The Wench)

I m not English but in one of my English course I remember I learned the expression "they look the picture of health!" :goodjob:

I m not English but in one of my English course I remember I learned the expression "they look the picture of health!" :goodjob:
Hey Flash, thanks for the kind words! Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Hey Flash, thanks for the kind words! Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

If you don't mind I prefer remaining anonymous haha

Wanted to do a quick post on the whole tent. I trimmed the big green leaves off the Nukehead in the back middle. Still not seeing the recovery I want from her. I hate the saying.....but.....it is what it is!

During our oil making process last night, we were picking through some of the buds from last grow (the ones with lots of seeds in them on purpose) and restocked the seed shelves LOL. Added another 200 or so ATF seeds to the stock.

Anyways, we will be busy for the next couple days so we won't be on or giving any updates. Hopefully the next tent pic will be a better one!

Buds with seeds in them is the gift that just keeps on giving! Those Stankberry plants are amazing in their vigor.
They are! I think I am going to up pot them in two days so I don't run into any issues like I had with the big Nukehead. Just gotta get her to make it a couple more days!

Yeah I usually find that the nodes start to alternate on healthy plants around the 30 day mark (give or take 5 days either way).

Help a newbie out? What do you mean by alternating nodes?

Help a newbie out? What do you mean by alternating nodes?

Ok, alternating nodes......how to explain without a picture available.....hmmm. Ok so you know how when you start a seedling and they are young to maybe a foot or so high and each node has the two leaves shooting out parallel to each other from the stem and then the two new shoots that pop from that node are parallel or equally aligned to each other.....well that happens when the seedling/young plant is still sexually immature.

Now once they have reached sexual maturity, the leaves will no longer be aligned or parallel.....instead they will be slanted or angled from the stem. Look at any mature plants you have going and you will see where that transition starts to occur and that is when the plant reached sexual maturity.

Easiest way I can think to explain to you Mac is with your flux. Think of how when you are training them and each new node pops out.....and how early on everything is nice and even in terms of each new node. Well at a certain point that symmetry gets lost and the new fan leaves and new shoots that pop out at the nodes are now staggered/angled/alternating. Hell, I will find a pic online and show you because I am not sure I am describing it correctly. Here!!

When you see your plants throwing out new nodes that look like what I circled as "alternating nodes", then your plant should be showing you its pre-flowers or getting ready to show you its pre-flowers. If they are still showing you even nodes, then you will need to be a bit more patient.

Hope that helps Mac.

nice looking bunch of pills there Van. Going to do a 5 acre plot?

Thanks Derby. I wish I had the space and lights to grow out more and I would love to grow a dozen or so outdoors and see how they turn out. The ATFs are supposed to really shine when grown outdoors and can get 12 feet tall or more when grown in the right climate outdoors. Some day I will do one outdoors, probably in a green house.

Ok, alternating nodes......how to explain without a picture available.....hmmm. Ok so you know how when you start a seedling and they are young to maybe a foot or so high and each node has the two leaves shooting out parallel to each other from the stem and then the two new shoots that pop from that node are parallel or equally aligned to each other.....well that happens when the seedling/young plant is still sexually immature.

Now once they have reached sexual maturity, the leaves will no longer be aligned or parallel.....instead they will be slanted or angled from the stem. Look at any mature plants you have going and you will see where that transition starts to occur and that is when the plant reached sexual maturity.

Easiest way I can think to explain to you Mac is with your flux. Think of how when you are training them and each new node pops out.....and how early on everything is nice and even in terms of each new node. Well at a certain point that symmetry gets lost and the new fan leaves and new shoots that pop out at the nodes are now staggered/angled/alternating. Hell, I will find a pic online and show you because I am not sure I am describing it correctly. Here!!

When you see your plants throwing out new nodes that look like what I circled as "alternating nodes", then your plant should be showing you its pre-flowers or getting ready to show you its pre-flowers. If they are still showing you even nodes, then you will need to be a bit more patient.

Hope that helps Mac.

So what do you think the Sexual Maturity matters in a plant that is flipped Van

why wait is my question

The tent looks great and I have faith in the Nukehead! Little Jack seems to be coming along nicely and those ATF 1 seeds are really pretty :). Have a productive rest of the week. :thumb:
Thanks brother! Ms Stank took a couple days off work so we are going enjoy ourselves for the next two days or so. Things might be a bit quiet around here!

Thanks brother! Ms Stank took a couple days off work so we are going enjoy ourselves for the next two days or so. Things might be a bit quiet around here!

Starting the Adult site Eh

Nice!!!!:laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::adore::adore::adore:

Back
Top Bottom