Stanks Go Perpetual In 2018!

I am using Coots mix, but it is a fairly time consuming deal to get started. And lots of sourcing. So I would recommend KIS Organics nutrient and mineral pack! It is a flat $50 and gives ypu everything you need to make 30 gallons of "water only" soil. Then you can grab some perlite, compost, and peat moss and your all set. You can of course buy extra odds and ins to maximize growth and photosynthesis! Shouldnt cost you more than $200 to make 10 - 3 gal pots!

That's ^^^^ what I do.... can source almost everything locally.

THE most important ingredient is compost!

We do vermicomposting which is worms and bacteria and fungi. Outdoors in a bin with a lid. Slightly different than Worm Bins (but less work) that make just castings and EWC soup.

Vermicomposting makes well compost made up of a lot of castings but has a different texture than straight up EWC. Important to add in rock dusts for the worms gizzards and for the final product. There's always worms in all of my soil containers. They are just there... We source our EWC from our local nursery. They get it locally from a worm wrangler and stock pile it up! Can get my pickup filled if I wanted to.

Vermicomposting is the lazy mans worm bin. We add in garden + kitchen scraps (non dairy and non meat) all spring, summer and fall. Next spring... 100s of gallons of vermicompost! The main reason for non-dairy non-meat is vermin... Don't need any of them hanging out! They are not vegetarian and are not interested in veggie scraps. Vermin = "rats ... I hate rats"

He is starting to form his pollen sacks pretty good now.

Now that’s a pretty fella - nice work Stanks!

All by the manual...1 cup of each for 5-gallons. It definitely works as there is a ton of debris in the first 2 buckets...
High Blew. Yeah, I wash too these days - like others, once I saw what came off I will always wash now. Am also thinking about seeing if the H202 is much different (although you’re right, Doc suggests that’s only needed if there is PM). I just did an outdoor harvest and that first wash bucket was filthy!! FWIW, on the budwashing thread Doc revised his recipe a while ago, halving the amount of lemon juice & baking soda to 1/2 a cup of each.

I have thought about this quite a bit and I had an interesting idea come to my mind one night. What about frozen ground....the roots hitting the permafrost that is known in that area triggered that auto flowering. Was the most logical thought that I could come up with.

I concluded that in the coldest of areas might have a shallower 'growable soil layer' than some of their slightly southern areas. Perhaps those differences in growable soil layer (essentially the unthawed ground when their spring starts) were what got genetically imprinted into their DNA and becoming root bound simulates that occurrence.

Thats my best answer to the what causes autos to flower. Any who.........

That makes sense. Most what I’ve read suggests it is not so much being rootbound, but the taproot hitting bottom which triggers flower. That fits nicely with your theory. It is said that a deeper pot will delay onset...
Feel like testing that one out Shed? (@InTheShed )

Always such a nice happy garden over here Van :)

Harlequin Male Update Flower Day 13

Haven't given any updates on the Dude in a while so since I am feeling motivated I figured I would throw one up tonight. He is starting to form his pollen sacks pretty good now. I figure another week or so and I will see some "burst" flowers. Anyway, off to enjoy the evening with Ms Stank. Goodnight!

That’s one good looking stud, Stank Family! Should make plenty of babies what that feller
Stankberry looks awesome too!

Jack Herer Auto Day 35

This girl is turning out to be a pleasant surprise. She was an ugly wench for the first couple weeks but she has really blossomed over the last 2-3 weeks.

She got a dose of ACT 2 days ago. LST on her is basic leaf tucking, some minor bondage to keep her spread low and flat. I am keeping the defoliation to a minimum. I pluck a few leaves off every time I go in the tent to try and open up the underneath growth. Still no signs of pistils as of day 35, which I am perfectly ok with....the bigger I can get her before pistils, the bigger the yield I hope!

I did......somewhere around node 5 if I remember correctly. I let her go a bit bigger and topped back down at day 21 so I guess it was about 2 weeks ago...and thats been when most of my growth took place.

Well let me see what I have.......ok, here are a couple pics of it going together.

And one of what it looks like from underneath.....

Ohh I see! Yeah I remember seeing that first pic at some point, then getting pulled away from the screen and not coming back until there were way more updates and I'd missed it. I thought there was just one single light bar that moved across the rail or something. I think I like that setup more.

Ok, so I need some help from any of you great guys and gals. My Stankberry is starting to show signs of a deficiency or toxicity in its fan leaves. I am not sure exactly what it is....and its only showing in the Stankberry. I have a couple ideas about what it might be....but I don't want to say anything without getting some input from you all.

This plant is without a doubt the fastest grower out of all the strains I have grown so it leads me to believe its a deficiency as opposed to toxicity but I am not ruling out that as an option. The spots all look essentially the same on the leaves that its showing up on. I see about 5 or 6 leaves that are starting to look like this. All are fan leaves around the middle of the plant.

Ready.....set.....Give me your thoughts please! Help a Stank out!!!

Ok, so I need some help from any of you great guys and gals. My Stankberry is starting to show signs of a deficiency or toxicity in its fan leaves. I am not sure exactly what it is....and its only showing in the Stankberry. I have a couple ideas about what it might be....but I don't want to say anything without getting some input from you all.
This plant is without a doubt the fastest grower out of all the strains I have grown so it leads me to believe its a deficiency as opposed to toxicity but I am not ruling out that as an option. The spots all look essentially the same on the leaves that its showing up on. I see about 5 or 6 leaves that are starting to look like this. All are fan leaves around the middle of the plant.
Ready.....set.....Give me your thoughts please! Help a Stank out!!!
First vote for calcium deficiency. Next?

Back
Top Bottom