Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Thank you sir, and hope you are having a great weekend. Sitting here watching Buffalo put it on Baltimore......about to smoke a bowl of MOB:lot-o-toke: and find the snacks! Time to feed the Stankmonster!:snowboating:
That was a great game. Looking forward to my Chiefs playing today. Might be Buffalo vs Chiefs. Wake n bake to Thunder Diesel. Passing it along. Have a great day.

:yummy: oh my that BCP :love: is that Black Cherry Punch? Whatever it is, it’s completely my cup of tea! Or bowl o nugs, preferably. Just gorgeous and looks to be positively singing in that soil. Just, yum.
HIGH Amy!!! Yes that is Black Cherry Punch from In-House Genetics. Still running Neiko's cut of it :ganjamon:

She is a favorite of everyone who smokes her just from the uniqueness of the flavor and smell. Its still the only girl that Ms Stank loves to fondle LOL. She finds a reason to come down to the basement whenever I am running one of these in flower. I have another one that I just opened up and removed a lot of leaves in prep to flip. I usually run two....one in veg and one in flower:thanks:

Congrats on those beautiful harvests Stank! Seriously top notch buds you got there. Trim jail’s gotta be rough, I just got a trim bag for my last round of harvests. It’s not for everyone, but it’s helped me handle it all with my crappy neck. I remember you having some back stuff you deal with, so I thought I’d share. Congrats on the gjotm nom! :thumb:

Congrats on those beautiful harvests Stank! Seriously top notch buds you got there. Trim jail’s gotta be rough, I just got a trim bag for my last round of harvests. It’s not for everyone, but it’s helped me handle it all with my crappy neck. I remember you having some back stuff you deal with, so I thought I’d share. Congrats on the gjotm nom! :thumb:
Thank you HH!! A trim bag huh. What exactly is it and does it do? The harvests are hell on the neck....the damn bending down and slightly forward that I always tend to do as I am trimming. And thank you on the GJOTM nom! Definitely a shocker here :thedoubletake:

Even folks! Not a full on update but I have snapped quite a few shots from my time down in the garden the past couple days. Yesterday and today were spent readying three girls for flip along with spraying the rest of the veg and early flower lineup. I am feeling very good about where are relative to the lingering pest problem. I figure another spray or two and we should be clear......I HOPE!!!! I have one plant left in flower (Triple OG) with minor aphid signs....any leaves I see with signs gets plucked this close to harvest time.

We had an issue with a plant getting out of control in Flower Tent 1. I hadn't looked at her for 3 days and when I checked on her, she was through my light.

I moved her out of that flower tent and under the @NextLight Mega since it had an additional 4 or 5 inches of head room.

There was some minor heat damage to the leaves that hit the light but she should recover fine.....assuming she stops stretching. She should be just about done...but she could throw on another couple inches before she is done. If that happens, I will super crop her.

Now on to the new girls that we were prepping to flip. I have a cut of the Green Crack I have been running for a bit now, thats in a 7 gallon pot and turning into a monster. She is officially on flip day 1 as of today. I removed a bunch of leaves off her, gave her a good shower just incase there were any pests hiding and added a few pipe cleaners to open her up a bit. I gotta say, she is looking like the new sweetheart of the tent.

And here she is with the remaining flowering line up for scale. She's gonna be a big girl. I would have liked to give her another week before flip but I don't have the room to do that.

We also have another cut of the Blue Dream that I ran outdoors this year but never finished due to the weather. This one is also in a 7 gallon pot and got sprayed, trimmed, and opened up yesterday. She's another big girl!

Triple OG cola

Super Lemon Haze

Garlic Sherbert

All three of those are on Day 63 since flip. I figure that the Super Lemon Haze will get chopped in 2-3 days, then the Garlic Sherbert a day or two later and Triple OG will come down on day 70.

Here is the new Flower Tent 2 after the moving and grooming.

I chopped the Gorilla Glue we had in flower on Sunday. She went a total of 60 days, though I feel she might have been able to go a few more. But alas room sometimes dictates on flowering times. Next cut of her, I am going to let run to 65 and compare. This run of her was every bit as frosty and sticky as anything I have run. She is a gem of a cut! Thanks @Grandpa Tokin !

I also snapped a couple shots of BCP and the Jelly Wifi while I moving the tall girl out of Flower Tent 1. The BCP is just absolutely reeking and so damn greasy!! She's coming up on day 50 since flip, as is the Jelly Wifi. The BCP usually goes around 65 days. This will be first run of the Jelly Wifi so I have no clue how long she needs to go. I'll rely on my trustee method of waiting for her to stop drinking. Both are looking amazing.

That gorilla glue looks greasy af! Nicely done.

The trim bag in a quick blurb, is for dry trimming. It’s a circular bag that you turn sideways and gently spin. The centrifugal force gets a decent amount of the dried sugars off, but you still have to do a little clean up afterwards. I’d say it turns a 4 hour job into a 1 hour job. There are some tutorials on YouTube, that’s the best way to check it out, but it’s helped me quite a bit.

Mr H has back problems too, and big harvests back to back are just killer. I’d bet you know that more than anyone right about now!

This will be first run of the Jelly Wifi so I have no clue how long she needs to go. I'll rely on my trustee method of waiting for her to stop drinking.
Beautiful assortment of plants and buds Van. The GG looks damn frosty and a real specimen. The Super Lemon Haze looks super appealing, I was recently strongly recommended SLH by @Emeraldo who grew a fantastic SLH tree on his last grow, so I'll be very interested in what your appraisal of her buds are when you get a chance to try her out. Altho having said that your other girls are all looking top shelf as well.:yummy:

Re your 'trustee method of waiting for her to stop drinking', what is your timing with that? When you notice they are no longer as thirsty, do you then give them a few days more and chop or just give them the chop at that point? I generally pick the day by observing closeups of the trichomes and making a call by that on when I pull, but it is still very much a guesstimate. Lovely garden and great growing! :ganjamon:

That gorilla glue looks greasy af! Nicely done.

The trim bag in a quick blurb, is for dry trimming. It’s a circular bag that you turn sideways and gently spin. The centrifugal force gets a decent amount of the dried sugars off, but you still have to do a little clean up afterwards. I’d say it turns a 4 hour job into a 1 hour job. There are some tutorials on YouTube, that’s the best way to check it out, but it’s helped me quite a bit.

Mr H has back problems too, and big harvests back to back are just killer. I’d bet you know that more than anyone right about now!
I learned that during the outdoor harvest. Having to take down those 10 monsters within a week of each other, even with an extra pair of hands was BRUTAL. I switched tactics halfway through when I realized I would never trim fast enough to keep up with the drying. I just started snipping buds off the branches with no trimming....trim can come as needed, if needed. Then it went into turkey bags with the big boveda packs and those go into 5 gallon buckets. Next year for the outdoor harvest, I am thinking about renting a trimmer. If I found one that worked well enough, I would invest in one just to eliminate the pain from process. Thanks for the info and I will check it out!!

Beautiful assortment of plants and buds Van. The GG looks damn frosty and a real specimen. The Super Lemon Haze looks super appealing, I was recently strongly recommended SLH by @Emeraldo who grew a fantastic SLH tree on his last grow, so I'll be very interested in what your appraisal of her buds are when you get a chance to try her out. Altho having said that your other girls look top shelf as well.:yummy:

Re your 'trustee method of waiting for her to stop drinking', what is your timing with that? When you notice they are no longer as thirsty, do you then give them a few days more and chop or just give them the chop at that point? I generally pick the day by observing closeups of the trichomes and making a call by that on when I pull, but it is still very much a guesstimate. Lovely garden and great growing! :ganjamon:
Basically what I have found in my growing medium is that my girls go into super drinking mode the later half of flower and that carries through close to the end. Near the end, they will have a week where I will see a drastic drop off in the water uptake. I always lift up my plants when I water them, so I get intimately familiar with each one's weight....so when they hit the skid and slow, I can tell and thats my queue to start the prep for chopping. It will also depend on a few other factors for me....such as cola size, what is waiting behind her that needs the space, and is it a sativa or indica (I tend to harvest sativas slightly on the early side compared to indicas which I let go longer).

I know a lot of people do the scope the trichome thing, and I get it, just not my thing. I guess I'm just a more of a "by the feel of it". Grow enough plants or strains and you can kinda just see when they are done in my experience. I am thinking that Jelly Wifi has about a week left on her, 10 days tops. She is solid as hell.

One other thing I have notice in my medium....I get a shift in terpene profile as a plant is finishing up. Its tough sometimes if you have a plant that isn't as loud as another one, but usually about a week or maybe a little more the smells will change noticeably if ya pay attention. That in conjunction with the water consumption are my gauges. Every once in a while I do cut a bud off and scope it....but its definitely a rarity for me.

That all makes sense, as I have seen pics of some stunning plants that you have grown previously so it not surprising to hear that you're in tune enough with them to have that 'feel' for when they're ready - something to aspire to! haha and thanks for explaining.

Damn I missed a week? No wonder I was going through SPWS (Stank Pic Withdrawal Syndrome)...all better now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I hope Grandpa is okay :rolleyes: . He's been gone almost two months now, so I guess he was walking to Florida!
He is loving the warm weather!! Great to see ya Shed! Glad you got your fix sir!

Afternoon all!!

Been busy around here but I have some pics I took from one of the last water day between harvests. The Jelly Wifi is looking fantastic and looks like she is pushing into the final stretch! She is turning into a frost monster of the highest order! She is still uptaking water at a good rate so we will let her roll until she decides she doesn't want anymore.

Afternoon all!!

Been busy around here but I have some pics I took from one of the last water day between harvests. The Jelly Wifi is looking fantastic and looks like she is pushing into the final stretch! She is turning into a frost monster of the highest order! She is still uptaking water at a good rate so we will let her roll until she decides she doesn't want anymore.

Thats what im talking about brother :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom