Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

there is a minimum degree of comfort that I have for each threat and .40 is as low as I will go in a handgun for a black bear and a .44 Magnum for Grizzlies.
I'll take my trusty Kel-tec PMR 30 to defend myself any day. :rofl:

S&W 357 or 44 mag
They are great if you are doing something where you don't mind a hand cannon strapped to your side and getting in the way all the time. I am not a big fan of that and I can promise you....that bear doesn't want me shooting at it with anything, arrow included. I don't miss and I don't get flustered.

They are great if you are doing something where you don't mind a hand cannon strapped to your side
Haha!
I carry my wife's CCW 9mm when I hunt. LoL, little Sig 938 with pink grips.
:rofl:

Light & easy to pack around. I keep it loaded with "rat shot" rounds... incase I come across rattlers.

270 on my shoulder has never done me wrong otherwise.

Hey all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Last we updated....things weren't well in the medicinal garden. Well we are essentially cutting our losses with what we had. Everything that was indoors got moved outdoors with the exception of one plant which will get moved out this week. Everything else will be chopped.

So what's next.....well we will let everything outdoors finish outdoors.....if they have it in them. If they die....they die.

On to brighter things....We decided to start fresh with a few new strains to kick us off. We started off with 6 strains....but only 5 started. We lost the ZKittles to a dud. We lost a second strain post pop...the Star Pupil who basically broke off at the stem as she was surfacing. That leaves us 4.....not great but not bad. Things happen for a reason

First up...Sensi Seeds Hindu Kush. I have resolved that I have lost the Hindu and loved it so much I want another one to take its place. I went with Sensi Seeds again because we loved their last one and hope to find another one like her.

Hindu Kush (Sensi Seeds) Seedling Day 1

Next up will be another strain from Sensi Seeds...their Skunk #1. We had Regs for this strain so we dropped three to hopefully ensure we get at least one girl. Everything we have grown from Sensi has been really good quality and hope the trend continues. All three seeds popped but we have one that is doing something funky. I am going to give it another day to grow out of it or else I going to go digging around and trying to figure out what is going on. It will be the one in the last 2 pictures.

Skunk #1 (Sensi Seeds) Seedling Day 1

Next up is another strain we have grown before (as an auto) but I have been wanting to grow it for Ms Stank and some of her aches where the auto version worked well for her before. The two seeds I decided to start, didn't look great so I was dropping 2 in hopes that 1 would pop. Both did. Oh and this particular Jack Herer is from Seedsman. They were freebies on a recent order.

Jack Herer (Seedsman) Seedling Day 1

And last up we have a strain I am excited to try. I decided to throw this one kind of as a "what the hell". I got it from a trade with Iamtoasted a while back. I only had one so I was skeptical but she popped fine and we present a little Slurricane. I am excited to give it a try!

Slurricane (In-House Genetics) Seedling Day 1

It's been a long time since you've had such an easy time taking photos of all your plants. Usually you need a hand truck or dolly to get them out of the tent so you can snap photos. I hate that you had to deal, or are dealing with all these problems with your plants. Get your tents all sterilized and ready to go for when these young ladies are ready.

Bittersweet. Bummer but, something new awaits. That selection of babies looks pretty solid, with your seed selection I can’t imagine how hard it was to pick lol

Yeah the list changes every time I open a seed box. I had about 20 others that I wanted to throw in as well. We will be starting a couple more to replace the ones that didn't make it soon. Ms Stank's gonna grow a couple Durban Poisons from Cannabiogen. I also want to give Star Pupil another go as well as a couple ACE strains.

Solid line I’m cheering for the Hindu myself!

Hindu was my favorite night time hammer. A bowl of that and you are ready to sleep for a week. I am pissed I lost the previous cut but excited to hopefully find something better! Cheers brother!

It's been a long time since you've had such an easy time taking photos of all your plants. Usually you need a hand truck or dolly to get them out of the tent so you can snap photos. I hate that you had to deal, or are dealing with all these problems with your plants. Get your tents all sterilized and ready to go for when these young ladies are ready.

LOL, yeah this was a bit easier. I am going to be running through strains pretty fast here to try and find some good variety. When I find a keeper, I will grow the clone bigger.

I have been watching Graytail run their Destroyer and I almost popped those. I have way too many exotic sativas I want to run.

It's a real PIA to grow, but the smoke is definitely worth it. :cheesygrinsmiley: In fact, I been wakenbakin with it this morning. :bongrip::slide: Such a simple cross, such a pure elemental character.

What's difficult about it to grow Gray?

Hahah, gives me a chance to vent about it. :laughtwo:

Well, first off, it doesn't veg very happily. :straightface: After the first couple nodes it can start to claw its fans and go droopy. It's very sensitive to soil moisture I think. The HB parch/drench cycle is out of harmony with this strain's character. I saw someone talk about a strain that needed more root space than normal and I think that has something to do with it, too. At upcan it thrives for awhile with pert fans etc, but then the tips will easily go dry and fans will start to yellow and drop off. I'm picturing a waterside location for this strain, like a stand of scrub willows, where its roots can always find water. Dry air will turn it into something ugly, so you need to keep RH above 60% ...

But if you can nurse it past the first few weeks of bloom, it'll stabilize and run for 12 weeks - much less hassle. And I might have mentioned ... the smoke is special. :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom